1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That Ayra build would be fun to play with before they pre-emptively ruined it with blyns everywhere.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Stats for new units are out:

[​IMG]

Chrom, Lissa and Robin have insane BST. Tharja takes a hit on that front, but makes up for it with the more busted B-slot and being ranged I guess.

Tharja has low attack, but more than makes up for it by being able to proc Glacies every time she's attacked, lol (I'm reading that right, yeah? She's slow as fuck so she's always doubled, which should look like Attacker > Tharja > Attacker > Tharja(Glacies)?)

Chrom just looks like a better Effie?

Ugh. Blew all my orbs. At least I got Tharja eventually.

Was so triggered. The three times I got a non-red deal, I got Chrom and Robin in two of them... Took a colourless for the third in case I broke my pity timer ffs...

Chrom can't be bad, so I'm not complaining. And the Atk/Spd +7 Skill on Robin just seems insane. It's inheritable on non-armour units too. Tempted to put it on my Wrath SwordLyn...

Would obviously work on Ayra, or anyone, but feel like that skill alone is made for Lyn. Let's her bait less dangerously than with L&D and it's without the downside of the whole 'baiting with less defences' thing. And obviously way more dmg than Fury.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Literally first roll.

[​IMG]

Luck of lucks.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Hah! Nice!

Chrom's attack is ridiculous btw. I was tempted to roll for Lissa and do a crazy kamekaze build and give him bold fighter/ignis/brazen atk/def, but I finally used my spare Hector and gave him DC instead (sorry Amelia...). His weapon and Wary Fighter are already so good for it, and I got a pretty perfect roll of -atk-spd on him.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Got 4902 first try on t19 with my new Armor Emblem team (without Hector o_O)

Centrepiece is Tharja with Armour March and Glacies SS and AS with Effie and DD seal. She's a god damn monster. Stuck to her on all sides are TBK, Effie and Chrom all with Ward Armours, TBK with Wrath/BL and Effie and Chrom virtually identical DC/WF builds (though Chrom has the perfect IVs of +ATK-SPD while my Hector isn't ideal).

I just need to get Tharja an Owl Tome. It shouldn't push her speed too high to stop being doubled, but will just give ridiculous stats everywhere else.

Given how monstrous she is, I might have been too hasty in throwing away my Halloween Henry for March, but tbf, we didn't have Vengeful Fighter then. I'll def be pulling for him if he's in the legendary hero banner.

5. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Congrats! 4902 should be safe to get back into T20!

6. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

My dream of getting Tier 20 again almost went down the drain when I noticed I didn't have a decent bonus unit for the first time. Had to settle for a 4 star Anna and my usual core just didn't cut it anymore. With a bit of tinkering went with Amelia/BK/Fjorm and for now it looks that it might work, but it's so much harder with the lower mobility. Before it was just assassinate that and run, now I had to actually use def tiles, split them up etc. Horsies are so much better...

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Horses are better imo, except when you come up against other Horses.

The problem is all your dudes need to live, while they just don't give a shit about living and suicide to kill your units. The AI 'wins' if one of your dudes dies. And sometimes you just get screwed over by the map - like the one where both teams start behind a wall. Or forests. Or whatever.

It's why armour emblem is so easy by comparison, and why Tharja is so strong. Put her on a def tile (optional) and surround her with three ward armours and who's gonna kill her? She has def/res in the 60s (higher if Owl tome and even higher with DD seal) and that just scales with Glacies which procs. every. turn.

I find you gotta get real lucky with Horse Emblem. You go up against another Horse Emblem with a Dancer? Ugh. Cheesed out of your win right there (not always, but as I said, only one needs to die).

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Whaaa?!

Iote's shield and Heavy Blade Sacred Seals to be had in the Tempest Trial! I've so many fliers that'll absolutely love that seal! And Heavy Blade is godly (as a seal or on wpn effect). Not even sure who to put it on yet. My Firesweep L&D Tana or Weapon Refined Minerva getting Moonbow or Glimmer every turn sounds pretty ok! lol

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This thread finally convinced me to try Fire Emblem Heroes.

Which will be interesting, because I have no clue what I'm doing.

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's gotta be the friendliest gacha game I've ever tried, wallet-wise. They shower you with orbs. Just bring up that quest list and work towards it when you run out of story, which will actually take a while.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's fairly easy to pick up, despite the hundreds of different movesets and attacks.

Basic noob guidelines for success:

A) Attack with units that have a color advantage.

B) Avoid getting doubled.

C) Work toward making an armor or cavalry or flier team with skills that give stacking unit type bonuses (e.g. ward/hone/fortify fliers).

D)Any skill/wep that provides a unit with the ability to counter from outside normal range (distant / close counter), or gives double attacks (brave weapons, blyn rein weps, dance/sing etc), or reduces special cooldown, are EXTREMELY valuable.

E) Save the bulk of your orbs for banners with Tier 1 / Tier 2 units, or banners with event exclusive units. There are dozens of ranking lists out there. The Gamepress inheritance list is updated fairly frequently, and while not an exact indicator of actual unit strength, it is a good guide for building powerful teams.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  12. Gengar

High Score:
    ... The second i swear off spending on Gachas for 3 months... They release Camilla in a kimono...

FUCK
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man I've been agonising on who to use this Heavy Blade Seal on. Right now I'm looking at my +Atk-HP Tana (Firesweep, L&D, Moonbow). She's got an insane 57atk and 41 speed unbuffed. It's essentially a guaranteed proc of Moonbow or Glimmer every engagement.

OR.

My Brave Lance +2 Cordelia (-HP+SPD) with L&D and Galeforce. She's sitting at 49 atk and 39 spd unbuffed.

Cordelia SOUNDS the most broken of the two, but is 49 atk even enough anymore to guarantee HB proccing? I have hone fliers, so I should say is 55 atk enough? I don't have the numbers on me, but with hones and goads everywhere, it doesn't FEEL like it is. Maybe I'm just overestimating everyone's attack values though, and the AI is rarely coordinated enough to arena to guarantee their own atk buffs throughout.

Halp plz?

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I guess the only problem for the latter is that you will keep running into people who have much better merges than you in advanced arena. If you see lots of armours, they might have higher atk. The other thing is that I'm not sure if you want to be proc'ing galeforce with brave lance all that often (the difference HB makes is you will get to attack with Cordelia one more time than otherwise? Do you have that many targets you want to initiate on with Cordelia) whereas attacking more often with firesweep lance sounds amazing.

Also, it's a seal so you can swap it around to try it out yourself tbh. AA is free so run that a few times to try it out.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah... Tana is really fucking good with hb...

Used her in a round of AA, had her murder Fjorm, wTharja and TBK. Obv triangle advantage for the latter 2,but that's a lot of def...

Ironically, Cordelia would kill most people before she could even quad, and just not proc GF...

15. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sometimes I wonder how much broken stuff I could be doing but don't have the time to research the proper way to go about making it happen. I've just been collecting stuff and using up stamina every day since release, but I don't think I've ever optimized a broken team or anything. I'm pretty sure I haven't even used inheritance more than a couple times, ever.

You mentioned horse teams being amazing or something. If I could make one of those, it'd probably be a good idea to look up the process and do it?

Man, getting into the deep mechanics and meta stuff always feels intimidating.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Horse emblem is easy to make too. Especially if you already have Reinhardt (i assuming you got bLyn when you were given the option?), that's half the team already.

17. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Feel free to ask. I'm well versed on the mechanics and the meta. I can answer any and all questions you might have.

Edit: Horses are good but they are bad long term investments. If you have any desire to stay in T20 or even hop between T19 and T20 regularly without much of a problem, don't go full horses.

You want to focus on characters that you can easily find/merge. Like Effie. She's amazing with the right investment and with high bst, she will be an arena mainstay.

Other recommendations: Cordelia, Nino, Olivia, Draug, Sheena, Nowi, Corrin, ATiki, Fae, and Cherche.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    You're probably right re horses, but here's my hot tip:

Don't concern yourself overmuch with getting to and staying in T20, unless you've invested heavily, the game will quickly become unfun. Remember, the defending team only has to kill one of your units to completely fuck you over, so dancers with Rein/BLyn may not be the most ideal for you on your arena climb, but they're sure as shit good enough to completely screw you over.

Until I got Winter Tharja, I got T20 once and just didn't bother again. Now it's easy, but I've invested a lot into my armour emblem team that just laughs at the cheese tactics of defensive teams. That might not even work so well when the next arena bonus units don't have any armour, but I might still be able to make it work. Next arena bonus units will have a lot of fliers there, and now that my Spring Camilla has Iote's shield SS, she should be good enough to tank the blyns and Reins of the world.

I want to teach these kids the real meaning of cancer though. I got Elise in the Legendary Banner recently and gave her Gravity with Wrathful and Dazzling. Might even give her Savage Blow SS and C slot to be even more annoying.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like too much of a downer. They recently had a survey you could do that hinted at what's coming, and building your own town, attacking others and co-op content sounds great.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  19. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Rein and BLyn aren't even scary really. It's just that you absolutely need to have someone that can handle them on turn 1 in enemy phase.

For me, I have Fae for that. Once you take one (or both) of them off the board, you have an incredibly easy arena match.

The harder arena matchups are when you see weird shit that synergizes extremely well or you simply don't have a unit that can deal with them.

Like, I'll give an example. Meet my Nowi that I run on defense. If you don't have the right build or the right characters on your arena core, you'll have trouble with her.

Frankly, if you want, you can even outmerge horses. You stop seeing full horses around 720 and by 730, at worst you only see +10 BLyn.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    On their own they aren't at all. Give them a dancer and some unlucky positioning and you'll just be cheesed instantly.