1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I've put stupid money into this game and I've yet to see a good 'green' soldier. I was hoping I'd get that hot wyvern woman, but no go. Highest I have is Raven (axe dude), but I'd rather use Marth/Lucina and take care of blue troops with my Archer/Ninja or Robin (my blue mage).

Apparently that Bow dude (Tsubaki i think?) is one of the best in the game if you can get him. He can counter enemies next to him.

2. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Takumi. He has one of the highest atk potentials in the game and has non of the draw backs archers suffer from. He's basically broken.

3. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm liking my Olivia, whoever she buffs gets a second turn. Pretty powerful when used at the right time on the right ally.

4. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I suspect this will be my version of Pokemon Go. FE has a special place in my heart.

Been re-rolling a bit. Got Lucina 5 the first time. A few rolls later, Tiki 5. Didn't like her team, re-rolled a few more times and got her again, this time with wyvern ninja girl and Cain. Could this be a sign?

Haven't got all week for that 2+ 5 starter, will give this a shot.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  5. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I have Takumi, Ryoma, Roy as 5 stars and Robin at 4 as my team, got pretty lucky summoning and havent put any money in.

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Woot! Finally broke my dry streak, and pulled a 5* Takumi. Time to hoard orbs for when they release Ike I think.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I've not seen many people mention her, but Azura (sp), the spear songstress chick I posted in my first post, she's godlike.

She absolutely shreds all red troops, and the ones she's weak against? She can sing for them. So good. She's weak physically, but I'm training up Chrom so she can stick to his side and get that sweet, sweet defense buff.

Finally got Takumi too! 5*! He starts with like 28 freaking attack, so broken...

I also read up on Hector... A melee powerhouse that can counter ranged. Sounds balanced, lol.

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Takumi is a WAIFU I don't care what any of you guys say.

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Still makin' my way through the main story. Losing occasionally, just feel like my units are paper sometimes. Haven't really pulled anything, and I don't want to spend money or anything.

Feel like I don't know what to do with my stamina, sometimes, so I just spam the highest level of training I can handle.

I have a feeling I'm doing this wrong, but that's okay. I'll just lag behind and learn from the folks that are figuring everything out.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I hit a wall at a certain point in the story because I had only rolled with one team that just got collectively one-shot by casters.

I'm building a stable to swap peeps in and out now.

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

TBF, you have Azura. Get a Brave weapon user and zerg rush them in to casters usually works really well.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm levelling Raven rn and have Takumi too, I think I've cracked the code, lol.

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's the learning curve on this thing? As far as Mobile games, I've only played Heroes of Dragon Age.

14. Solfege

It's really simple to pick up. If you've played Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics, or virtually any turn-based RPGs, it's just like that. There's a rock-paper-scissors component where red(beats)--->green--->blue--->red, but checking your positioning and attack range takes priority.

Battles take place on a 8x6 square map between 4 characters per team. Story is virtually nil, just a skeletal framework that they can hopefully build on later, but most people right now are playing out of nostalgia and WAIFU. It's a nice, small taste of the franchise.

I'm currently stuck on 9-4, as I don't have decent ranged attackers. Farming Hard for orbs and training up 3*Gordin and 3*Clarine. I will probably prioritize upgrading Gordin to 4* --- I hear he's a tank vying for second-best archer against Jeorge. Happy with Beruka as my green flying ninja axe-woman. Would upgrade her to 5* but she's fine at 4* for now.

Still free, and in 3 summons since the start I've pulled Marth and Roy. A bit pissed that the game's given me 8 red pulls in two tablets, seeing as I wanted anything else but, especially a decent blue. Didn't particularly want Roy, but he's a 5* and I can't complain.

Edit: Can complain about Roy's shitty growth so far. Two levels and 3 or 4 stats total. Although 24 starting attack is very nice for a mediocre character.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  15. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The gameplay is simple - I've got around 400 hours logged in Shadowrun on Steam, and this is like... well, like someone else said, it's basically a barebones strategy RPG. Like the ones Solfege mentioned above. If you've played any of those then this is a simpler version. If you haven't, then it's a good one to try to see if you like the genre.

Problem I'm running into with the "reset to get good characters" strategy is that everytime I download it it has like 300MB of updates or some shit to re-download, in three different patches, so restarting becomes a major pain.

16. Solfege

Yeah, re-downloading is the real bottleneck. I considered restarting several times, even after getting Tiki/Marth, but Beruka/Clarine/Gordin are some decent pulls for variety. And I couldn't pass on the 10k feathers they issued this morning for the Twitter challenge.

I was going to try Shadowrun Returns a while back, but my laptop kept freezing after the first cutscene... I should look into that.

Oh, my ID is 2344338136 if anyone wants to add me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Shadowrun Chronicles is the one I've logged so much time with - it's co-op for 2-4 players, or you can play it solo (but it's one of those games that's clearly designed as co-op). Playing games like this with friends is... just fantastic.

18. ScottPress

High Score:
    Well, I've played a bit. Am stuck on the 9th map for now, have 3 5* heroes and a bunch of 4*s.

19. Solfege

Yeah, chapter 9 sees a step uptick in difficulty. Tailor a team for it or muscle through via overlevelling.

My Marth just bore a zero-growth level... suxxors. He's been trading out defense for a higher resistance compared to equivalent Marths.

Setsuna is a natural counter to Takumi. The -breaker abilities are apparently all extremely powerful. Abel with his Swordbreaker will rip through the current red sword meta.

Does anyone know when they're releasing Ike/the characters from the polls?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. ScottPress

High Score:
    I have Marth and two other 5* whose names I don't remember, a colorless thief type and a red mage (Robin, I think). Fourth slot for now is a 4* red mage, I'm waiting for another 5*. Btw, is 5* the max character "rating"? And it looks like lvl cap is 40, is that accurate?