1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Robin's blue. It's probably Leo, and the thief would be Kagerou or Jakob.

If it's 9-4, you'll want high magic defense. Gordin didn't do shit for me in the end, he almost got OHKO'd. But he triggered the enemies to line up and trickle out of their fortress for level 29 Marth and Tiki to meet them. Resistant enough to take the punches while one-shotting, with Clarine's speed boost for double-attack just in case.

Yeah, 5* is the max rarity. Better stats, although units preserve their "natures" (individual stat biases) when upgrading. Level cap is 40.

Endgame arena will be the most interesting part. With all characters 5* level 40, there are going to be quite a number of combinations to play around with.

Edit: Hugplx Have you seen this?

Also, this incomplete calculator to determine if your 4* or 5* has a particular nature (+SPD, +RES, etc).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh. I got like 3.6k, I'm fine with that I think.

I'm levelling up a Peg and a Wyv knight after getting repeatedly stomped by the special map for that new hero. That death lane with no one able to die? Needed someone to fly over the mountains. Rip.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I checked and I do have Robin (indeed blue, not red), Jakob and Marth and a 4* Lilina is filling up the last slot for now. I'm farming orbs from higher difficulty story maps to hopefully grab another 5* for the main team. It's a fun game, have to say. I don't anticipate getting as invested in it as Heroes of Dragon Age (part of the draw for me there is familiarity with the main game franchise), but the depth is very nice for a mobile game. And it runs buttery smooth, huge thumbs up for that.

What's the difference between the Legendary Heroes pack and Deep Devotion?

4. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The four characters on the banner? They get an extra 3% draw chance for each pack.

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Pulled a Hector to go with my Takumi and Robin so I'm set for now. Going to save orbs for when they release Ike. Should be next week at some point since he won the polls.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Downloaded this today and loving it. Simplistic sure but the FE nostalgia haha. Bit of a noob question but is there an option for altering deployment? It seems like an odd feature to not include.

7. ScottPress

High Score:
    You can make a couple different teams and switch them before any battle, but not in-battle.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got the multiple teams, I mean before the battle starts switching my units between different starting positions. Like archer on the left wing instead of the right wing etc.

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    I don't think that's possible, at least I haven't seen a way to do that.

10. michaelcutt

michaelcutt Muggle

High Score:
    New to the Fire Emblem series, playing this and Awakening on the 3DS. Is Donnel any good or is it just the story factor (the little farmer that could)? I’ve tried using him a bit in Awakening but not sure if it’s worth it!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  11. irrelevance

irrelevance First Year

Not sure about Heroes but in Awakening Donnel starts out with crap stats but has a greater increase in stats on average per level compared to most (all?) other characters so ends up being very good at high levels.

12. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bitches don't know bout my Jagen glass cannon. Fury is a hell of a drug.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Donnel is the most broken character in the game. Just baby him enough to where you can promote him (level 10 IIRC, been awhile since I've picked up Awakening) and he can pretty much solo the game if you like. He also makes the best dad for any of the second gen units since he can pass down Aptitude.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Only really relevant if you do zero grinding. Any sort of farming or extended cross-classing for skills removes the use of aptitude.

He can pass down a Pegasus Knight class for the female Children who don't have it as an innate.

15. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Untrue. Morgan is easily the most broken character in the game. Male Morgan with Galeforce and Aggressor or Female Morgan with Aether and Galeforce. Completely broken.

16. adamillander

adamillander Squib

High Score:
    How similar is this game's depth and dependency on luck to Puzzles and Dragons? Currently playing the tutorial but I honestly don't want to play another game that is reliant on Gatcha machine rolls.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Donnel comes along quite a bit earlier than Morgan though. Morgan is probably better overall, but you have fewer opportunities to abuse him/her.

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Probably pretty different - I've never played Puzzles and Dragons but after having a quick glance at it via google they seem to be different genres of games. Fire Emblem isn't a puzzle game at heart, it's a strategy game. Granted I'm still resetting mine looking for a decent hero roll, so ymmv.

19. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Again, it really depends on how much you grind. Aptitude is completely pointless if you're gunning for stat caps anyway, since you can keep reclassing over and over until you hit max stats.

In referencing how good a character is, the standard is usually how they fare on Apotheosis or Lunatic+ mode, which requires maxed characters and limit break.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

*rubs head* So, if you don't intend to grind, Morgan or Donnel?