1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wait, I thought y'all were talking about Awakening...

2. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I've been playing since yesterday! Got pretty lucky straight away with a 5⋆ Merric, and then in the next batch, I got two 5⋆ Robins. Merric and Robin are Green and Blue Tome wielders respectively. Getting any good ranged units is a blessing early-game, so I've been sweeping since then despite having no strong fourth character.

After figuring out what I'd need to do to promote a 4⋆ unit to 5⋆, I've already hit the point where I'm getting a bit sick of grind. The story mode is devoid of any actual story, and not having played the other fire emblem games I'm not here for the fan service either - but you can't deny that the game looks beautiful and runs like a dream, which is completely impressive.

FE: Heroes has definitely done its job in making me want to play the mainline games. My ID is 7867060895 if anyone wants to add me.

3. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

We are? Morgan isn't even in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Morgan still. Children stat growth is insane plus being the child of Robin means almost every class is open to him/her. Plus Galeforce. Galeforce alone makes Morgan better.

Edit: Got this nice pull yesterday. Game trolled me hard though, got Robin last and when I saw the animation for him, I thought I got super lucky. Alas, only 3*.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Nevermind? I had also assumed these were Fire Emblem heroes characters you were talking about. The thread title needs to be changed if you're going to spend time in here talking about a different game. I mean, I didn't exactly grab a list of characters and crosscheck to make sure those weren't in Heroes, why would I?

5. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Finally got my 2nd 5*. A Roy, when my first was Lucina.

At least I got Effie too, which means I can blow through Sword users.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I tried to grind like a good F2Player and realized that I need fucking 20 Great Scarlet Badges and 20k feathers to promote my 26lvl mage to 5*. Looks like getting lucky with a pull is the only sane way to grab a fourth 5*, but now getting orbs means replaying the story mode on higher difficulties, which requires a level grind so my kickass Marth doesn't get OHK by some armored bullshitter with a spear. And I'm not coming from the mainline games, which means I don't have a particular desire to keep on with the grind. Technically the game is super polished, but I still find myself more entertained by the buggy unoptimized mess that is Heroes of Dragon Age.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    We should have clued in when they were saying Donnel was broken. The little bucket-head has nothing on Azura.

8. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Passing on this banner. Nino is adorbs, she's gonna try her best! Was lucky to score two 3*, one neutral and one -atk/+def... merge fodder.

Leveling up Sharena and Olivia for those sweet, sweet +8 dmg buffs.

9. Evan Tide

Buffs don't stack like that. I've tried.

10. Solfege

I can't speak for Sharena's Rally Attack, but her Fortify and Olivia's Hone Attack grants +4 atk/+4 def. Nino's Gronnblade doubles her bonuses for +8 extra dmg.

Unfortunately I don't have a +atk blessed Nino, or she could OHKO a +res blessed Takumi, when I get her to 5* anyway.

But yeah, weapon buffs are like hones; like doesn't stack with like.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  11. Gengar

High Score:
    Upgraded my first 4* (Tharja. Bitch kept demolishing me not to have one of my own), but I've come to realise I don't really have any green units I like all that much.

Who do you all recommend out of Raven, Fae (i kinda hate the dragon units... So sloooow, and her dying hurts my soul), Cecilia, Beruka or Cherche.

I used to have more, but I just sent home my 3* for the feathers. Don't want to waste more feathers on making them useful, rather focus on 4*.

Raven used to be great, but he seemingly took a hit on my tier list. Kind of makes sense, I can't really think of many prevalent blue units for him to rip, but I've seen Ephraim popping up recently obviously.

I could also promote 4* Kaguro or Robin, but I have no 5* greens, which just feels bad...

12. Solfege

Hard to say definitively without knowing your preferred setup and whether you need a specific answer. Me, Robin takes at least one character when I face him in arena; usually I rely on Catria or Tiki to tank a hit, but Robin + Takumi is a shitshow on maps that give them field control.

Cecilia and Beruka are slow tanks, with 23/25 5* speed, and liable to be doubled. They also don't gain much from 5* except a better weapon.

Cherche's skills are lackluster but her stat-line's nice, and her high attack lets her bite a good chunk out of red units. Fae struggles on her own in the current meta but has utility if you play her for tactical support. Raven's... ok, but there are better frontline units, like Marth/Lucina with their Falchions. Unless he ORKOs, he's probably doubled and maybe even killed on that counter. Still, a 5* Raven can be fun to position around, if you really want a 5* green and were willing to support him with Azura + company. I'd wait for better rolls to come along, myself.

Kaguro and Robin are excellent; Kaguro's infantry advantage makes her such a versatile killer. They're a little weak compared to their 5* counterparts, but some units can work well enough as 4* (looking at you, Nino). Just for perspective, lv40 4* are within 12-15 stat points of lv40 5*.

You'll also want to take a second look at their IVs. -atk Robin can disappoint.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  13. Gengar

High Score:
    Are there even any worthwhile greens to run bar Hector? So I can be on the lookout.

Got this right now. Been perhaps a little too lucky with swordies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I like Azura and Takumi. Looking to see how to round out. Maybe Lucina and Tharja? I dunno. Always feel uneasy about not running a green, but it's not often Raven did anything Chrom couldn't, or Lucina.

14. Evan Tide

Anna. No seriously, the starter unit's a sleeper OP. She can wreck most people if she goes first. Has higher stats than Camilla at 5* (Much higher, not just a little).

15. Solfege

Well, we're at a point where characters are starting to open up as people have more resources to discover them. Hector's great offensively, but defensively all it takes is a (y)Tiki to ORKO him with 7 counter damage.

Nino at 5* will nuke pretty much anything but requires a dedicated team to unleash her full potential. Positioning with Eirika, Azura, and Sharena* gives her +18 on top of 46 base atk... I guess you could call her the green Tharja. Even more impressive is Nino's utility with Draw Back. Azura/Olivia + Nino = a pair that can strike and dance out of range.

*Sharena and Anna have top-tier stats, and Sharena particularly solves a lot of problems with her buffs... Anna can ORKO Takumi and gets mobility with her 5* weapon.

Gunter, with his +6 atk/spd to cavalry allies, can set the backbone of a dedicated cavalry team, which is either fantastic or useless depending on the map, but a lot of fun. He's not much of a frontline unit, but his support skill, Harsh Command, can be OP. Gunter's a free weekly character, btw.

Frederick tanks like Beruka/Cecilia, but unlike them he's got Wings of Mercy to warp to any ally <50% HP. Could be a dangerous (fun) skill in the right hands, although arena focuses on ORKOs.

Sheena is Big Defense Armor and looks like fun in a dedicated Armored team.

But yeah, while these characters are certainly collectible, like Raven, Camilla, and Fae, most of them aren't going to perform optimally in this meta. Give it a couple months and some more banners (particularly green and blue-focused). Nino, Anna, and Hector are the only ones we know of ATM that are splashable. Merric could work as a green mage, but Nino is offensively better.

You really don't have to run a full suite of colors; synergy over specific win conditions is more important than general color coverage.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

I'm a big fan of Julia as well for green mages. Not as much of a nuker as Nino but also can function in a team that isn't built around her with up to 52 attack. Completely demolishes Robin and Linde plus dragons. Plus, of course, doesn't require 20,000+ feathers.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  17. Solfege

Um, does anyone know what's going on with this new event?

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Woah. This inherit skill feature seems broken af. What are the limitations? I was about to Give Azura hone atk 1,2 and 3 by gobbling up corrin.

Will seemingly throw tier lists out the window given right skill manipulations, but I'm not smart enough to know what and where. Like, can you give casters melee counter?

My thinking for hone attack on Azura is its synergy With Tharja. Maybe Give Tharja even more speed, or maybe even defense and melee counter somehow.

Exciting change!

19. Solfege

Reports of brokenness are greatly exaggerated. Most people don't have Takumi or Hector in spades to sack for counters. Even if they do, you'll never see them --- arena will stratify them far away from you.

In other words, if you wanted to play a team without inheritance, new arena formula should match you only against teams without/a little inheritance.

But yeah, this makes a lot of characters a lot more viable, especially with suboptimal IVs. Plenty of people can now stack one or two of their favorites to better take on Takumi/Hector/Lucina/etc.

OTOH, Falchion + Renewal = 20 dmg healed every third turn.

Also, the SP grind is a real bottleneck.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  20. Gengar

High Score:
    I was being mostly facetious. I just realized now people are actually crying broken.

I mostly really enjoy the added level of strategy. I went through all my stored heroes to see how i could better my deathmage team. Adding hone attack to azura, life and death/desp On Tharja, deathblow on nino and vantage on Takumi is my first experimentation.

There may be better options, but this is what I went with given the tools i have.

And that sp bottleneck though...