1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, sadface.

It's probably that stoopid looking armour guy. 2 free red armour units in a row is lame.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got Ayra on first free summon pick of the new roll. Got Dierdre and Sigurd from a single 5 roll yesterday.

:3 Wheeeee.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    I'd be jealous, but I'd be acting silly.

Ayra looks amazing but i don't think she's better than Ike or Ryoma simply because DC. I think she's better player phase, but Ike (and I'm guessing Ryoma) is such a monster in enemy phase with Steady Breath QR and innate DC that it's just not fair.

I'm speaking theoretically because i haven't pulled her, but I might even say she's not powerful enough to make up for no DC? Maybe?

Sigurd just looks like an unkillable monster though with a huge BST. Great arena unit.

Edit: Had a thought. Make her special grant a stack of 'Evasion' (dodge next attack). Either make it unstackable or increase charges of her special to 4.

I'd definitely use her then over Ike and go for a more aggressive infantry playstyle...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Melee Infantry without DC just aren't useful enough, even when they're powercreep'd like mad like Ayra is tbh. Unless you're a unkillable rock like B!Ike, pony emblem and flier emblem just runs over you too quickly sadly.

Still missing P!Olivia, but I have the other three dancers. I managed to finally pull the Ninian I wanted (it dropped off banner on the PA banner :p) so I now have all the dancers but the new olivia. Still not sure whether to promote an Olivia to 5* or to merge into 4*+10. I'll sit on her for now. So close to having a dancer for every AA team though!

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Missing only her too. I'd do 4*10 personally

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Unrelated: infernal Arvis battle is hard as fuck. This is the first GHB I can't beat, no matter what team comp I try.

7. Gafgarion

Gafgarion Second Year

What team are you using on the infernal GHB? I invested on Klein since the Clarisse GHB and haven't regretted ever since.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, go YT it dude. If you have Brave Roy in a decent HE team your can easily 1RKO itb on infernal.[​IMG]

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Enjoying that we seem to have 3 new seals this TT. Guidance might be useful, I'll use it with dancers when training fliers at least.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    Guidance might be fun on armour emblem. I don't have the movement buffbot, so that could be fun..

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I pulled Amelia last month and it's night and day trying to complete the Armour Emblem training tower missions with her. Haven't really played around with Guidance enough though to be sure how well it works.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    It's such an insane skill, esp because it ignores forests.

I'm genuinely unsure who I should use in my armour emblem team btw for my 4th (hector, Effie and TBK +1). Either a second BK or this Arden dude.

I haven't looked at the stats yet, but he kind of reminds me of an ugly offensive Effie who can quad...

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Arden is actually really good. His follow-up ring plus the fact that he has 41 def means he is pretty scary running Ignis builds. Especially if he has DC (but yeah spare Hectors are a precious commodity).

Haven't got the 5* version yet, but I'll at least try him out vs BK or Effie. Shame he can't be +atk or +def as a TT unit.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    What's that (once) useless HP conditional Death Blow called again? Feel like that'd be beast on him, especially given the insane hp/quadding/effective in enemy phaseness...

I think I'd rather Aether over Ignis too. Mostly to keep him over 50% HP.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Ok. I need help.

Hinoka is bannered today. I used my remaining orbs and some cash and pulled 2 Hinoka like I wanted (took 130 orbs. Still kinda lucky though).

My issue.

Of the four in my flier team, 2 spots are default taken by Blade tome Camilla and Corin, each with fort fliers.

I have 2 spots remaining that I can give my 2 hone fliers to.

Elincia in general is probably going to take one spot despite poor IVs (+hp-spd) because red fliers are in short supply.

For the last spot I've got:

+2 Cordelia (-hp+SPD)
    Cherche (+atk-def)
    Tana (+atk-hp)

Cordelia and Cherche are very similar. Brave+ weapons. DB. Hit and Run. Goads.

Tana is built cheeky. Firesweep+ L&D. Hit and Run. Guidance.

I've already got full coverage with the other 3, which is why the fourth is such a tough choice. Leaning Tana because double firesweep filth, but I'm not even sure that matters given Corrin will murder anything she touches.

Conversely, leaning not Cherche to give my second (goad) team a less 'blue' vibe lol.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Depends on what you want to be able to beat. Sigurd will tank your S!Corrin and S!Camilla all day sadly, so Cordelia might be useful there (though Tana would be fine too). You could probably just sit on the extra Hone for now until you decide.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    The few Sigurd's i've faced haven't been huge problems. But if he ever became a real issue, I could tweak Tana and make her a physical wall and just jebait him.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah. Pretty much any T1/T2 blue melee will do. Sig is a wall, especially if he's running deflect melee, but he's a padded wall. Barely does any damage to blues. Because of that, there's really not much point in trying to design a unit to specifically counter him.

You pretty much always need to kill him last when you engage, or peel him off the mounted pack with a lure and trap him somewhere. If you don't, the B-Lyns and Reins that are guaranteed to be with him will burn you down as your blues spend a few turns chewing through his many layers of mitigation.

If you put your blue melee at the front of your group, the AI will try keep the opponent's Sig in the back, which is what you want. Gotta get those B-Lyns down first, especially if you're running fliers.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    You guys see the new Halloween units?

I want Henry just to give Armor March to Arden lol.

Witch Nowi is adorable, and a Red Mage flier with Hone Fliers? Godamnit.

20. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Gonna try and get Nowi and Henry. They would finish my armor and flier teams. I wanted another dancer beside shigure from PA but I think ima just hold off.