1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Firefly OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by enembee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Out of interest, is there a particular reason you're running to the guest quarters? Or are you just walking? If the latter, we'll ignore that roll.

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Still haven't been answered on the Jinxes question. Did I miss something in my reading of the book? I don't have it available at work so I'm hoping for some response. What exactly entails a jinx?

3. enembee

High Score:
    Yes, Jinxes are 1s. Botches are when you roll nothing but 1s.

4. Riley

Ok, just wanted to clarify. I was getting scared that I didn't see anything in the book, lol.

5. enembee

High Score:
    Posted. I'm gonna wait on a response from Basilisk, before I botch him over nothing.

6. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Moving briskly to insure our guest doesn't wander off? Considering what I know of him, I thought it best if he didn't have access to other part of the ship.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Lamora: I'm assuming Nick knows your past (at least generally)? If not, let me know and I'll edit anything you find objectionable out.

8. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna wait for orders. I don't really know what else I should be doing...

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, I don't really know either. I can prep, but I have no idea how Lamora wants to play this.

10. Riley

I felt that my post needed two die rolls simply because one is the result of an action which has a die for it. The other is the actual action I'd like to take if I don't need the move roll.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh damn. Enembee rolled well for once. :p

I think I'll spend a Big Damn Hero die, since I have so many at the moment. I'm back down to 1 PP now. If this doesn't work I'm spending my last PP to take the consequence and fight on... FUCK!

Screw it, I'm not letting this bitch cheap shot me like this. I'm fighting on.

EDIT: God damn it NMB. This is all your fault.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Damn Aek, and I thought those of us on the boat had problems. :p

13. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just to clarify, I'm meaning to move against the wall outside and end up next to the door to the back room where the shooter, Aekiel's character and Oberon are. Also, when I made the Asset I was under the impression you added it to your dice total like you would a BDHD, but I think I got it right now where you just add another dice to your normal roll. Since that's how Complications work too it makes more sense. Not as useful as I thought but I figured it'd still help.

I've been reading the ship segments and wondering when you would start having problems.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Alright, so I just made a fucking mess of that. The first fly roll I made was with Mental instead of engines. Got a 28, with one extra dice included. Even if I ignored the Mental die altogether (which naturally was a 12), by expending that same one extra plot point I would have a total of a 20. But I failed to use engines, so I rerolled. On reroll, get 11. Roll new BDH - 3. Add a die - 3. Total? 17, at a loss of two plot points and my big damn hero die. As opposed to 20 with my BDH die and an extra plot point intact... FML.

Looking at it now, I also neglected to roll my asset. Would it seem like cheating if I rolled yet another time to include it? I'll stick with what I have, if you prefer, because 3 rolls does seem like fishing (I'd also revert back, if that's acceptable). Whatever works for you!

Additionally, you can ignore either roll if they're unnecessary, or disregard the shoot roll if I had to use fly before I could shoot at them. I just wasn't sure if shoot would be enough or not, honestly, and I wanted a better angle than flying at the boat head on. I'll be around before you make the next GM post, so just let me know something and I'll reroll or edit properly.

EDIT: Everything is squared away now. Sorry about that!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  15. enembee

High Score:
    Roll the extra D6 separately for both rolls if you want to. Otherwise, leave as is.

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ohhh, this is going to suck. So bad. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Fuck me what happened to all those good rolls I was having?

Anyway, I'm almost certainly taken out now, so good luck to the rest of you in the scene. Try not to trample my corpse too badly. :p

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  17. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Okay, where exactly am I now on that map?

18. enembee

High Score:
    Ignore the map. Oberon, Jo and their assailant are in the back room. The sheriff and his goons are standing beside the door inside. You, Chang and your army of hicks are moving to the back door. Momo is still inside, I believe, but may be following you.

19. Red Aviary

High Score:
    I'm just wondering if I'm close enough to try and act against this woman now, or if I have to make another move roll or anything. I'd like to rescue Aekiel's character before she gets shot. You know, again.

20. enembee

High Score:
    Yeah, for the record you don't need to make a move roll every time you move like that. The only reason I accepted that one was because I presumed you wanted to create the window asset and avoid going out the front. This is a narrative game, take liberties. I'll ask you if I want things like that.