1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Firefly OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by enembee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Hey Enembee, can I get a response to my PM when you have a spare moment?

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I roll to walk... Botched. I fall down a manhole.

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I figured that moving within that area didn't need a roll, but transitioning to another (outside in this case) and trying to do it in a hurry might. When would I need a Move roll then?

Also I typed all that with a splitting headache and with a lot on my plate as it is for planning my own game tonight. FML.

4. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We've had a couple so far— moving through the cramped corridors of the Manifest at speed was one. Aek dodging bullets flying through the walls was another. If you wanted to jump from a bridge to the top of a moving train might be a third.

---------- Post automerged at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

In the light of the end of the Blue Swallow Saloon scene, the following things occur.

The Sheriff takes the woman into custody and locks her up in his office. Jo is rushed to the town Doctor. Oberon's corpse is transported to the morgue, which just so happens to be in the local church.

You folks tell me what you're doing, where you're going and how you want me to frame the next scene.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, so I have a plan. Only thing is, I have no clue if you'd consider it feasible/what all I'd need to roll.

I'd like to try flying to a position so that they're fairly close together, then overcharging our cannons to create a couple of big (more likely to register as heat sources for the missiles) laser blasts and shooting them at the missiles. I'd be terrifically unlikely to hit them, but if the blasts came close enough to let the missiles (or even just one) target and hit the very nearby laser, then that should handle that. Then I'd make another pass, obviously.

Thing is, I'm not sure what all I'd need to roll for that. Know to recognize heat-seekers and think of the plan based on what we'd learned back in academy? Fly to position myself properly? Operate to pull off the shot? Some combination? I assume opening fire on the triads again would be an action for next round, but would I need to roll a fly to avoid any further shots? I'm honestly not sure here.

6. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

I assume the Resonant Catalysts something I should take care of right?

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I figure. I was going to yell back to you about it in my next post, anyways. I don't want any jinxes out of you, understand? :p

8. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Well, I guess I'll toss out the suggestion that we all meet up and discuss some things first. Maybe talk while Jolene's getting stitched up and divide up tasks and stuff?

9. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Chang wants to go to the morgue to go make sure he can find that little doohicky that had the information of the painting's location.
    After that though, he should probably not be allowed to make plans, as, well, he isn't exactly good at them.

10. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

Hey Enembee,

Is this a timed Action? If so let me know, cause I get a distinction trigger if I roll 1.

I'm gonna go ahead and roll, and if it is a Timed Action I can re-roll later.

11. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'm going to try not to die. That will be my goal for the next scene.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

So, two points.

One, we're probably fucked. 3 Jinxes is bad shit. Combined with the two that Sam rolled, that's bad news. And I'm rolling (poorly) for the ship. So, I'm going to make a plea: do you guys mind using our Cruisin' the 'Verse distinction for a reroll on that last shot? It would make sense; our passengers are going to be pissed at that roll I did. Also, 3 fucking jinxes.

Two, I'm more than willing to add that BDH to my attempt if I roll short and we don't reroll, so just let me know on that. What did you mean about when you said a BDH would probably do those rockets? If you meant that I could sacrifice a BDH for narrating that I shot them down, I feel like a jackass. :facepalm

13. Riley

I'm just waiting for a clarification from Enembee before I post again.

14. enembee

High Score:
    Technically, you've lost out on an opposed shooting roll, those two missiles should hit you on unless you counter that with a PP or a BDH or whatever.

But I actually think it makes a more interesting narrative with what you've done so far, so I'll play with that.

Not a timed action, no.

15. Riley

So Goldman-Teller ops, what do guys? What....do....??

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Ahh, okay. Thanks enembee. Any thought from the rest of you about the reroll?

17. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well, once I get healed up I'll want to know what's on that stick, talk to the sheriff and maybe get an interview with the woman who shot me.

18. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

Well, on the plus side I get two plot points right?

19. enembee

High Score:
    Just the one. Multiple jinxes are bought with a single PP.

20. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Well, previous suggestion still stands, with talking things out in character first. We've yet to actually do that, we were all scattered for most of that last scene.

Besides that, I'm with Aekiel in that I'd want to interrogate the woman and talk to the sheriff. I've still yet to really use the Reader abilities and I put my Influence specialty as interrogation, so might as well use those. And if we're doing the same thing we might as well do it together.

Last edited: May 1, 2014