1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Firefly OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by enembee, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Enembee, what would be our next Scene title if the Goldman-Teller ops were desiring to speak to the sheriff and interrogate the woman?

2. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

If nobody objects, I'm going to re-roll before enembee makes his next post in the IC thread.

3. Riley

I'd say do it.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Just a heads up, I'm still alive. I'm overwhelmed with work at the moment, but I should be done tonight. I'll be posting then.

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Good lord. Rerolled to still get 2 jinxes. Essentially just shifted one to another complication. So much for having decent luck with the dice. Sorry people.

6. Riley

Seriously though, Aekiel, Aviary, Shouldabeen: Are we agreed that we wish to move our next scene to wherever the woman and the sheriff are located to try and talk to him and interrogate her?

If so, I'm assuming we're looking at the next scene being in the local holding cell and precinct?

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm good with that, yeah.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, the woman's in jail so we have to go there to to do anything with her. Also the sheriff will likely be there. Depending on whether I'm doing the healing scene IC or during a timeskip, I'll either there or not at the start of the scene. After all, I have just been shot and lost a lot of blood. Not exactly in the best of health here.

9. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm happy for Jo to open the scene somewhere else. Or even have her own scene entirely, if it suits.

For future reference, the Unreasonable Customer Demands thing, allows you to reroll a single die. Not your whole pool. As it happens, you didn't come off wildly well out of it, so there's that.

Also, I'll skip posting tonight until Basilisk has had a chance to catch up.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  10. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oh wow, I completely missed, then. I'm sorry, I need to pay more attention. As it turned out, I might have well come out better if I had just rerolled one, though, so I'm content with what I have if you are.

I'll certainly reroll if you prefer, though.

11. enembee

High Score:
    Nah, leave it. Like I said, for future reference.

12. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well my original proposal was that we'd be at the doctor's checking up on you, but when Riley suggested the jail instead I then figured we were timeskipping the doctor patching you up. Not to sound indecisive, but either works for me. All I'd really want is to start together before splitting up again, and that's only because we started the last scene split up and all.

13. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

If its ok, I'd like to split with Momo and Gareth and be with Jo. Right now, he has some broken fingers, and they are Mighty Unpleasant feeling, so hopeflly the groundside doc can fix him up.

14. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I wasn't sure if I had to spend a PP to find a tool? I don't have my rulebook with me so I couldn't check. Just let me know if it's necessary and I'll modify it. I added Child Prodigy to the dice roll, thought it fit well with it, again let me know if it doesn't work for it. AND...I have another jinx (OF COURSE).

15. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

You only need to spend a PP to create an Asset. That is if you want the tool's help in raising the stakes.

If you need a tool for fluff's sake and to keep the story going then I don't think it matters.

16. enembee

High Score:
    So it's worth me just stating here. The only area of the ship affected by the blackout and disabled life support is the rear of the lower deck (first and second class). It'll be a systems check to open the door by electronic means, or a labour to try and cut through it.

In addition, if you guys can figure out where you want to progress to in the next scene, some of this will be decided by how/where you land, but obviously William will be still stuck in the rear compartment.

As for the GT guys, how about I open up with you guys coming to pick up Jo from the doctors and progress from there? You could chat about things and then, since it's a small town, you could walk from there to wherever you decide to go.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'm going to roll to bring her down as gently as I can, if that's okay with you guys. We can hardly leave the GTs, and we're getting pretty complication-striken, plus there's Will locked in the passenger cabins. Besides, I am not trusting my rolls, lately.

Edit: I'm actually not sure when I'll be able to get on next, so I'm going to write the scene up with me bringing her down, and if people want me to change it I'll swap when I get back on.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds good to me. I'm eager to get back in the game.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

God damn, where are all these jinxes coming from?

19. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

So since we're landing can I just leave the engine room, ignore the complication and go help Will? Or do I have to deal with what's happening here first?

And can I use that opportunity with Will or is that ONLY applicable to the engine room?

Or could I help Will from the Engine room? Maybe trick life support into thinking there's a fire so it'll open all the doors or something.

20. enembee

High Score:
    Apologies for my tardy response. Bank-holiday weekend here in UK, so I spent the weekend killing zombies.

Congratulations, you're all now On Mainstreet.