1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Firefly RPG PbP - Into The Black - Character Creation

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by enembee, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

Well, I've got some IC differences, but considering I wasn't ON the ship when it got all of its stuff, I suppose my character wouldn't really get a say o how its built.

So, yeah I've got no problems with the setup.

2. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Well I think Shouldabeenadog and I could get behind some sort of comm asset for sure, but there's none in the beginning asset. It's all in advanced which we do not have access to yet. Or we could create one if you're up for it. Otherwise Mighty Fine Quarters or any other kind of defensive/offensive asset is good with me. (Of course I'll never say no to the Medsuite asset, but I'm quite sure it's not really required!)

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I may be wrong (I've wandered away from my PDF again, and probably won't get a chance to look at it again tonight), but I understood it to say that the advanced assets are available to us, the triggers are just locked, which is fine by me, if you're down for it.

In character, it would make a lot of sense for me and later you to have had some sort of comm system in place (doing my work on my disease, gathering info from the Cortex, tinkering, as well as to hear from you and subsequently connect you to the Captain), and it would be essentially required for Chang. Nevertheless, I'm game for something else if you guys would prefer, even creating our own.

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Chang has a desk that should have communications, but that is limited to administrative stuff. But we need speed and guns more than we need communications equipment. We can always make research and other things in port, like the ships of old.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As a detective I'd prefer to have the Shuttles and a Fancy Sensor Array, since finding the target is always the hardest part of the job, and not landing in a freaking huge former prison ship would do a lot to help me out.

6. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I think you're right about that part actually. Reading the rules again I can see: Advanced Signature Asset triggers are locked when you first start playin’.

So yeah, we can pick up advanced signatures asset. I don't really mind if we don't take any kind of communication asset. Personally, my choice shouldn't really factor into it considering I'm new on the ship. I think the opinion of Aekkiel and Lamora should take precedence considering Pinkertons' are the one paying for the ship to do a specific job (and I assume they made sure the ship had the necessary equipment for it) and Lamora is the one who actually bought the ship in the first place. So I invite you guys to modify the sheet.

Now that I've seen that little thing about signature asset, I might switch a bit mine if it's alright with Enembee.

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I don't think my character would have much say regarding the ship, and you guys seem to have a good idea of what you want. So I'll leave it to you to hash it out. I'll be fine with whatever you choose.

Also it occurred to me that I should link my actual character sheet (hopefully I worked out the sharing thing so anyone can see it). Oh, and brief appearance description since I don't think I wrote it anywhere: Caucasian, tall/lean, black hair, hazel-greenish eyes, short beard. Usually wears a black coat.

EDIT: Late edit, but I forgot to mention he's got a smoking habit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  8. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm in the same position as Aviary. Not much input to give on my part. I took standard Battle-Weary Bounty Hunter stats and mixed some things around for a general idea. I'm having a difficult time editing my character sheet.

As for appearance: Caucasian but a hint of Oriental (Around the eyes). Blue Eyes, Blond Hair. Muscled body. Wears a Browncoat trenchcoat everywhere, along with a black Stetson cowboy hat.

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Agreed. In that vein, if you guys are okay with Shuttles and Fancy Sensor Array, then that works for me.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Is there a link to Character Sheets? As in ones submitted by us.

11. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

Here's my sheet. Have a look.

12. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

13. Aekiel

High Score:
  14. Shouldabeenadog

And my ax!
    I mean sheet. Totally meant sheet. Please don't ask me to ax someone unless you mean fire them.

15. Aekiel

High Score:
    I fucking lol'd.

EDIT: Also, you need to highlight two of your Distinctions. These are the ones you start with; the rest are unlocked through the course of play.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  16. Shouldabeenadog

Thanks Aekiel. Should be good now.
    And glad I could amuse.

17. Aekiel

High Score:
    Two distinctions, dude. :p

Not four.

18. Cteatus

Cteatus Seventh Year

We are so not going to get along. Its going to be hilarious.

19. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  20. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

William Davis

Here's mine. I made some changes which I'm still waiting for Enembee final approval, but otherwise everything should be set on my side.

Lamora, I thought we couldn't get signature asset's trigger at character creation? And even then they require a negative effect for a positive (spend 1 PP or something like that for X effect).

Enembee: when do we start? I don't know about you guys, but I've been wanting to play a RPG for a while now and all of my attempt to organize a game where I'm not GM have fallen through. I'm anxious to start finally!

Finished the Manifest Destiny unless someone has something to change? Did put Shuttles D8 as our signature asset with some laser cannons. Cruisin' the Verse, Built for Speed and Hades Prison Class Transport. Took the Built for Speed and Cruisin' trigger.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014