1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fleur's Motivation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That seems reasonable. It's about half the distance from Paris to London than it is from London to Inverness, which is probably an accurate representation of the area Hogwarts is located. So unless national border wards of some sort are a thing, I can't see why folk wouldn't pop over at will.

2. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One DLP Supporter

During his time as a curse breaker, Bill accidentally fell victim to a curse that ensures he can only ever have daughters. This makes him a valuable commodity to the secret veela conspiracy that rules the world, which then sent Fleur to seduce him. Once Victorie is old enough, Bill's death will be staged and he will be transported to the dungeon of the veela conspiracy headquarters and used as breeding stock for their army of sexy bird ladies.

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I always figured that Gringotts was her best job offer, improving her English was a bonus. Speaking English does tend to be a requirement if you want to work on a lot of international teams. Or she started in a french branch and was offered a favourable transfer.

She wouldn't even have to move to the UK. It's not like she couldn't live in France and work in the London branch of Gringotts easily with all the instantaneous ways to commute. Hell she could pop back for lunch as easily as going over the road for a coffee.

Then while she was there she ran into that English guy who she thought was pretty cute a few years back.

4. Bergeton

Bergeton Squib

Plot bunny answer: She's a spy.

No, I'm not saying there's a lot of canonical evidence for this. However, she was certainly succesful at infiltrating the Order of the Phoenix in short order. And it's not out of the realm of plausability that the French MoM would see the value in having an operative placed in an organisation devoted to fight against the next Grindelwald.