1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Flutter by bking4 - M

Discussion in 'Review Board' started by bking4, Feb 15, 2020 at 1:51 AM.

1. bking4

bking4 Squib

High Score:
    Title: Flutter
    Author: bking4
    Rating: M
    Genre: Fantasy/Angst
    Library Category: General Fics
    Pairings: None
    Summary: The traces of Dark magic aren't swept away with a summer and a trip abroad. It leaves marks on its victims, deep gouges in their soul, and just being in its presence can irrevocably change a person. You can never really overcome Dark magic, only survive it and hope for the best. This is Ginny Weasley, doing her best.
    Link: AO3 or FFN

Hello! So let’s get this out of the way: yes this is my story. Yes, I am a shameless, self-aggrandizing sell-out shill. Not really, but I literally posted the last chapter today (last night, technically) and I’m still on a feel-good high about it.

Slightly better description of the story than my summary up above: This is a light AU that takes the trauma Ginny experiences from the diary a little more seriously. Ginny is the main character, and it takes place mostly during the summer after Chamber of Secrets and during the year of Prisoner of Azkaban.

This is my first ever completed fic that isn’t a one shot. I posted the first chapter about a year and a week ago. What I thought would be maybe 10 or so chapters ended up being 16. What I thought would be about 60,000 words, maximum, ended up being just a bit over 100,000. I didn’t know if I would ever actually finish this, but it feels great to be able to say “it’s done.” In short, I'm very proud of this accomplishment.

It's not the best fic ever written but it's mine and I wanted to share it with you all. I lurk here often, searching for recommendations for fics to read. I’ve also been involved in a few competitions. The feedback I’ve received from this community for other things I’ve written has been incredibly valuable. I don’t know if I would have finished if I hadn’t received the encouragement I received in the competitions I entered here at DLP. I started writing this before I got involved (as minimally as I am involved) in DLP for competitions and stuff, so I didn't post it in WbA. And then once I was involved in DLP I felt like I was too far in to the fic to start posting it in WbA. I'm glad to be able to submit it for your review/perusal.

So, uh, yeah. That's all I had to say, and it was probably too much. I hope you enjoy!