1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Footage from a new Harry Potter RPG may have been leaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Download, Oct 2, 2018.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

I think his age was retconned, so it'd be a very narrow window. Something like 1892-98.

2. Hush

Hush Seventh Year

High Score:
    Rocksteady just recently denied that their upcoming title was a Superman game, do we now think that they could've pulled a bait and switch and have been working on this Harry Potter game all along? They are a London based studio and all the major game releases have been made by British studios. Since Avalanche Software is American based, do we think it's more likely that whatever deal JK made with the gaming rights has expired or that the insiders who confirmed with Eurogamer, that Rocksteady wasn't working on the new RPG, were lying or wrong?

I'm personally hoping for Rocksteady, because it ties everything together neater. That and I didn't really want a Superman game.

3. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on a WW game, or some other DC property (personally hope they develop a new IP).

Now that I think about it... An Aquaman game could be pretty awesome...

4. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Second Year

There might be side quests like Ace your OWLs and Become an Animagus. They could go with the Arkham leveling system where you get points for leveling up and those points can be used to improve your gear. The professor can be like Lucius Fox who teaches you advanced magic (similar to Lupin).

For people who don't have mics, they can have a tie in app which will function similarly to a mic for taking verbal spells but they will have to work on different accents .

There can be a karma system similar to New Vegas where using dark magic and unforgivables gives you negative karma and non lethal attacks or brokering peace gives you positive Karma.

They can have two faction leaders similar to Caesar and President Kimball in NV or King Radovid the Stern of Redania and Emhyr var Emreis of Nilfgaard who are charismatic and vying for power and now the conflict has reached Hogwarts where older students are dividing themselves into factions and the PC is the one who can break the stalemate .

HP lore is so diverse that they can have everything from a sports game (Quidditch) to a horror level(Inferius). Going to classes can be automatic or done by the player themselves where similar to Bully by Rockstar they get better at certain things by going to class .
    To avoid skipping they can have auto give only 50% of net experience if they had gone to attend class themselves .

5. Crownworthy

Crownworthy First Year

This looks even better than the games which accompanied the first couple of movies!

6. GravityAP

GravityAP Squib

This game has potential to be fantastic, but honestly I'd be happy as long as there's a half decent quidditch system.