1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete For Love of Magic by Noodlehammer - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jon, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Zombie

Zombie Tegridy Moderator DLP Supporter

Must be a language barrier in how you use the word lying.

There was a question mark in my sentence and in most languages that reflects a question. I can see you've went full retard however and now I regret engaging you. Your reasoning for liking a shit story is pretty solid I'll give you that, but that still doesn't mean it's not total garbage. That's not a lie, that's an observation made from having read thousands of stories of various quality. Perfect Lion hearts work, as well as this, falls well below my tolerance of complete garbage and I only subject myself to it when I want to punish myself.

Also lol projection. You care way more about this than anyone that's posted in this thread. I have nothing to lose in this argument, you're never going to prove to me that steaming sack of dogshit is remotely approaching a good story with 'flaws' , if you respond to this I know it will be full of crazy and I will be entertained for ~5min.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

He's hurting me.

Look man, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume Zombie was utilising hyperbole for effect when he accused you of being less than 11 years old. But given how offensive you seemed to find this...

3. Otters

Otters Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Congrats. You remained brave with the perfect heart of a lion in the face of our traditional hazing and have therefore won our respect. You may now add a picture to your avatar, select a weapon from the armoury, and a woman from the stable.

4. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

What if my projection is actually you projecting me projecting? monkaS

5. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

One does wonder whether trying to slice hairs between two pretty garbage stories is even worth discussing.

6. Inayeth Ali

Inayeth Ali First Year DLP Supporter

This is garbage.

How do people come up with shit like this? How did this even get over 2 stars?

So many cliches that I don't even know where to begin, and there seems to quite a lot of authorial bias where the author is expressing his own personal beliefs using the protagonist as his mouth piece.

And the amount of smut in there is just ridiculous.

This reads more like a Veela!Harry smut fic, and in my personal opinion, they never make for a good read.

7. Othalan

Othalan Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I tend to agree. In general, the writing quality is technically pretty good, but the execution is pretty bad, and only gets worse the longer the story goes. I'll admit, though, that it's become something of a guilty pleasure for me to peek at from time to time, and it does have its moments. The smut is usually reasonably well done by fanfic standards, if you're into that sort of thing. There's just too much of it from a plot perspective, and it pretty heavily distracts/detracts from the story after the first couple of times.

Basically if you're someone who doesn't mind a story occasionally riddled with Powerful!Harry, Independent!Harry and Harry/Harem cliches, so long as it's sort of well written, then you'll probably get some enjoyment out of this one. For everyone else, YMMV.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  8. mrttao

mrttao First Year

Noodlehammer has very thin skin. When people complained that there was too much smut and not enough plot (IIRC it was about one smut chapter per 2 content chapters) the author threw a tantrum in the comment section and vastly increased the amount of smut compared to plot. Because making your story worse on purpose is exactly how you "punish" critics for daring to criticize your story
    --- Post automerged ---
    on amazon, twilight saga book 1 has 4.6 stars out of 5. From 7288 reviewers.

9. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Death Eater

Tried reading this fic. Failed. Just couldn't stomach it after rune-enhanced libido came into play. It's a pig in a wig. Doesn't matter how elegantly the author writes you just cannot like this fic.

Then I found this thread and read the whole thread. And the last three chapters with the Muslim-hate. 1/5 for the fic, 5/5 for this thread and the justifications made by people who followed this story to the bitter end.