1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete For Love of Magic by Noodlehammer - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jon, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Is anyone still following this fic? Harry finally banged Fleur and Umbridge got the shaft from Fudge. Despite the fics many flaws I think it still keeps it's guilty pleasure status.

Latest chapter:

2. James

James Unspeakable

Yeah! Alos, Noodlehammer got extra points for "adjusting the amount of smut" for concerned readers.

Character building, indeed.

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I think a great twist for this fic would be if all Harry's conquests got pregnant. The power Voldemort knows not is dozens of demigod rune babies.

4. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

2 words. Baby Bazooka. A power that Voldemort would never even comprehend.

5. syed

syed Supermod

Harry could lead to the creation of male veela, or simply veela that get green eyes or black hair. I still wonder how much of the lost family lore of the European magical families, the veela preserved. That would be a huge advantage by itself.

6. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I reread the whole thing because reasons. Still kinda shitty but has some good lines.

The whole Zabini thing is just beyond stupid, I mean really sex/soul magic? I give props for making me grind my teeth at the utter frustration that Sirius caused with his fuckup. So good for him.

The whole smut thing doesn't really faze me anymore, it's Noodlehammer after all. But I will say that he will most definitely boink his step mother as a final goodbye from them. Or at least try... dunno.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I have mixed feelings about this latest chapter.

Someone tell me how I'm supposed to feel about it.

8. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Same here. The whole pre-duel conflict was poorly-handled, and the Lucius we were told about, the cunning and cool-headed manipulator, fell for a stupidly simple trick. The speech started well but I cringed at the Sirius parts and how it was handled. Even the fight itself felt anime-like, and I can't decide if it's a good option for the setting. I'm also getting a little annoyed at Luna's lack of character development.

The other parts were okay, and Noodlehammer won't let this mess go without consequences, so...I'm cautiously hopeful I guess?

9. Amoral Philosopher

Amoral Philosopher Seventh Year

Having read all of Noodlehammer's stories so far, I have become desensitized to his kind of storytelling. If some other random person was writing this story I would probably have a much harder time reading it due to cringey cliches. However, since this is Noodlehammer, it does not even phase me, allowing me to continue having an enjoyable read. This is just business as usual for him, whether good or bad.

10. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

The first few chapters were kind of interesting in some ways, but I have to admit that it got pretty stale after a while. Now it's your standard OP/indy-Harry with a harem.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I think Noodle is reaching the point in the story where he starts to lose interest and does random shit for fun.

12. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I feel like he was doing random shit from the very beginning. I agree with everyone who felt this shit was weirder than normal, but I think the next chapter can either smooth things over or make shit even worse. So we'll see what happens.

13. syed

syed Supermod

I think he might have a chat with Parkinson while these events are fresh in people mind. He will offer the guy a third of what he paid for the potter properties, due to the guy only paying a third of their true value in the first place. Malfoy was the top dog of the dark and politically connected lords, and Harry just publicly murdered him in public with no chance of punishment. This was in retaliation of the claim, that Lucy tried to remove him first. Lucy was known as a powerful death eater but he was taken down by a teenage boy.

14. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    There is a server lack of Good Harry Potter FF that gets updated regularly. It feels like the story is reaching its climax and will be ending soon. There is nothing set up for future chapters or story arcs. I hope he does a hp crossover next if the story really is ending.

15. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Nah, Harry isn't the Uber-Wizard yet, and all his complaining about not wanting to face Voldemort only makes more likely that he'll fight him one day.

16. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

When I saw this pic I was totally reminded of Noodlehammer's Harry and Fleur.

Warning (NSFW)

17. anvyl

anvyl Third Year

oh my god, the comments on the picture are hilarious

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

7 pages of discussion for a fanfic.

So I figured what the hell? I'm in the mood. I could probably stomach a guilty pleasure.

Except this can't even count as much. It's just literary diarrhea.

Power-ups, harems, sex-god!Harry, Dumbledore getting told to "Shut the fuck up!" and on and on.

No, this whole thing is awful.

Absolutely disgusting.

1 star.

If I could actually score it below zero, I would.

19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

This is noodle's greatest gift. He can make a shitty chapter and then follow up with a decent one the next. I had a pretty decent feeling that we would be seeing Narcissa again and now it looks like she's going to be joining the gang next chapter.

Edit: Calling it now. Draco will be the one to restore Voldemort.

20. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tonks is showing up a bit too much for an ex-gf and Harry is enjoying his time with her a bit too much as well. Tonks/Fleur/Luna harem?