1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Forbes Confirms Wealth of Malfoy Family

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silens Cursor, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

...That's one way... another way could be to ask politely...

They?

The average civilized scumbag, irl, never had a real fight.

There's no evidence to say otherwise.

As you said, we only know of Harry and Voldemort... meaning there's no demand

2. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

We're only going to go in circles with this debate at this point. I rather not have a mental masturbation debate to be honest with you.
    So I'll say this, the facts:

1.) Fawkes had given only two tail-feathers in his very long life. Fawkes has given us no indication of being anything but the average Phoenix as he is the only one we have any contact with. Outside of the fact he is domesticated that is. However, one would figure a domesticated Phoenix would be more willing to give a tail-feather. Especially since a domesticated creature would logically be more willing to fulfill a favor of its owner.

2.) There is no demand for any sort of core part, as it is the Wizard who chooses the wand. However, given how rare the tail-feathers seem to be, and how nobody else has a Phoenix wand, it would make sense that a Phoenix wand would cost more than a toy that is produced in the thousands most likely. If the Phoenix Wands weren't in the store, Harry and Voldemort would of both had received wands that weren't perfect for them as the Phoenix ones.

3.) Yes, one could ask a Phoenix for a tail-feather. However, that doesn't mean that they would be willing to give one up or if the person could even find a Phoenix. So for that, we don't know.

At this point, I feel we were getting into more of what-ifs than anything. Honestly, I think we can both agree that if Rowling had planned her books a little better, and the economics of the Wizarding World then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

I think that the economics of the HP universe matters almost as little as our beliefs about it.

4. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

It doesn't matter that much, except in debates such as about the Wealth of Malfoy's Family like this thread is suppose to be. :lol:

I care more about the giant plot holes than the economics though.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...I don't even know why you are arguing about this.

A toy being more expensive than a wand is retarded. It just is.

As for Phoenix feathers, birds lose their feathers all the time. Couldn't they just look for old nesting grounds and take whatever happens to be left behind, like a feather? That is, if they nest. They are birds, however.

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I don't think Phoenixs lose feathers that easily. I mean, Fwakes was able to use his tail feathers to drag/pull Ron, Lockhart, Ginny, and Harry out of the Chamber of Secrets. THat seems to imply that those feathers are crazy hard to pull out.