1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Friends or family?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Master Slytherin, Sep 2, 2006.

?

Friends or family?

1. Friends all the way, baby!

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I'm not really sure.

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Family ftw!

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Neither.

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Tough question. One the one hand my family is full of screw ups. Out of the six in my immediate family, two are drop outs, four alcoholics (that's me), two potheads, a homosexual (not that I have a problem with my bro, but most of the family is strictly fundy christian), one (hi) who has been institutionalized for mental instability. We all fight viciously and constantly, but on the rare occasion that any of us are threatened from the outside... I pity the fool. My extended family is worse, white trash, moonshiners, Lawyers (shudder), actors, authors (like the real kind not the way I pretend to be), engineers with a few loose screws, and almost all of them are alcoholics. Heck my mother's brother is on the CIA watchlist for domestic terrorism (he joined up with the wrong group but isn't an extremist). Between the family itself and moving all the damn time, childhood wasn't fun but I won't complain either.

My friends on the other hand are my family by choice. We're thick as theives and we always look out for our own. I've had times where I only got by because they were right there with me, and vice versa. But at the same time, they aren't blood to me.

For any conflict in the family, there are my friends. For any conflict outside the family, a bunch of boozed up criminals can take on anything. If it is a problem to be handled with subtlety and finesse, friends. If someone needs a boot party, family.

2. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Niether...
    I hold a deep resentment towards all of my friends and, if given proper motive, would loose them at the drop of the hat.
    My immediate family has left much to be desired...
    The only family I consider to be my family are more that 2,000 mile away me.

3. Magnus

Magnus First Year

For me it would have to be my friends. I love my family but I really don't trust them all that much. In the past year I have been jumped like 10 times, and every time I was with a family member (7 out of 10 times) they ran and left me to get the holy hell beat out of me. Repeatedly my friends have shown that they don't run when things get ruff and I value that, you know?

I quickly tired of my family's antics and don't really associate with them much anymore.

4. The Lord of Chaos

The Lord of Chaos Slug Club Member

I guess I've always been closest to my family, especially my brothers. Never had that many friends, and fewer close friends. When it comes down to it, I would always go to my family for help before I went to my friends. School was tough and it was always nice to have brothers who weren't embarrassed to be seen with you. When I had trouble with homework I went to my brothers rather than my parents. Which isn't to say that I don't get along well with my parents. I almost have a hard time understanding the friends of mine who do nothing but complain about their parents, who insult their parents behind their backs. I have always had the most respect for my parents, they come first above my friends.

:mid3

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Depends what I'd have to trust em with. I'd trust most of my family with my life but I'd be a fool to trust em with a secret.

Friends on the other hand, I'd trust one or two with a deep secret and the others I wouldn't as far as I could throw them. And I wouldn't be sure if they would help if I was in danger (They aren't exactly the most aggressive of people).

6. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Family. My pet theory's that family is basically your best friend - you've been with them for your entire life, and you can find things in common because you have the same genes.

7. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

I vote family, primarily because my immediate family and I are pretty close.
    My friends...I've known a couple of them for a while, but though I know them fairly well, I can't say they know me the same way. It's not very good, but I don't actually tell my friends a whole lot.

Come to think of it, I don't tell anyone a whole lot...

Friends- while some of them can last quite a while, you're stuck with your family. So for me? Family, FTW

8. razz

razz Seventh Year

It really depends on which day of the week you ask me, but as much as I love my family, I like and trust my friends (generally speaking) far better. I don't live with my family any more, and I spend all my time with friends, so. I really only like my siblings anyway.

It would have been different when I was younger, but.

9. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I'm a quiet paranoid who trusts everyone around myself to a certain degree.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I trust my family members as far as I can throw them -- which isn't very far. Friends all the way.

11. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Neither, because your family emberasses you with things you say and so do your friends. But your family is more likely to die for you while your friends are more likely to fight for you.