1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fringe

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Iztiak, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I really liked this premiere. It served as a season premiere and as a pilot. It was unexpected, but awesome.

Our Lincoln isn't yet as awesome as his counterpart. I do wish we could have seen more of his reaction to Fauxlivia , and even have him meet himself.

Ah well. There's always next week.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yeah, I thought it was a slow start tbh, but I'm glad it's back.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

My thoughts at the end of this episode?

Its about damn time!

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Yup. Now we're cooking with fire.

5. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

First three episodes were nice, but not as good as the majority of the previous season. Thankfully, this episode was a lot better.

The only complaint I have is that we all knew that the energy was Peter thanks to the ads (and putting two and two together). So while Olivia and Walter went along the Cortexifan trail, we knew that the answers weren't there. A lot of suspense was lost because of that.

6. guljons

guljons Squib

Good thing I'm not watching promos.
    Had a feeling it was Peter, but the coincidence that he just starts showing up as energy gave doubts that it was him at first.
    Overall I'm liking this season so far.

7. nath1607

nath1607 Groundskeeper

Did Peter look chubby to you guys?

8. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Bump. I dunno if everyone else is keeping up with the season - though they bloody well should be - but I felt the urge to reach out and fanboy a bit, because the midseason has begun, and shit's going down like woah. It's just really awesome television, though a bit overshadowed by the fact that Season 5's possibilities are rather grim. But still.

DAVID ROBERT JONES, MOTHERFUCKERS. The return of. Way too excited for more of him. :awesome

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I always love the episodes that take place "Over There," and last night was no exception. I'm interested in seeing just how different Walternate is in this timeline.

It was nice to finally have a Peter-centric episode.

10. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

I really enjoyed the episode and the reveals, like how far the shapeshifters have have infiltrated the other side, their leader and walternate. Also doom on the Olivia front, and the observer; who shot him and how?

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Seeing Walternate behave like a fucking human for once was nice.

12. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Another great one tonight. John Noble continues to astound me with he portrayal of the two Walters. I sometimes forget they are played by the same man.

Alternate Astrid totally has a crush on Peter. :sherlock:

13. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Fringe is getting hella creepy, with Olivia basically not caring that she'll die if she wants to be with Peter. Her willingness to go through with it is just fucking weird. Memories that are not yours jump into your head and you're not even concerned? They should have taken far more time to deal with it.

Not that it matters, since she's dead anyway, I think that's what the Observer meant,not a physical death per se, more a death of who she was. Ugh.

Peter is peter and terrible. But I really did enjoy Alt!Astrid and Lincoln Lee actually having a plotline, it's gotta be tough for him. They seem to be setting him up with Fauxlivia so he might get some relief.

Apparently Peter is destined to marry the other Olivia? Okay, I guess, not that we're ever told why.Interesting little way to describe authorial fiat.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  14. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The Olivia plot has been annoying me. How can she just choose to forget her entire life, essentially killing herself, for Peter? Its funny that the person I feel most for in this situation is Lincoln.

Speaking of Lincoln, I can ship him with the alternate Olivia. At least she would appreciate him.

15. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Useless doublepost.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  16. Nae

Nae The Violent

Went through all 4 seasons this past week, and I freaking love this show! Haven't watched much TV since Supernatural went to shit, but yes, Fringe is amazing.

Anyways, the latest episode that I watched, 'Everything in it's right place', was kinda-sorta sad.

Feel bad for Lincoln. Poor guy had been crushing on Olivia when Peter came out of nowhere and screwed him.

One thing that doesn't make sense is Alt!Lincoln's death. He was able to recover when his body was 90% burned at the end of season 3 finale, and apparently the other side is also supposed to be pretty advance in medical technology (even if they haven't managed to eradicate small pox). That combined with the fact that his death was off-screen, leads me to believe that maybe he's just gone underground to discover the mole in the unit (most likely colonel Broyles.)

And this might lead to Lincoln/Olivia, but his Alternative counterpart might just come back from the dead to screw with him. :sherlock:

17. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Meh, that makes a lot of sense, but at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it just to give lonerboy some consolation nookie.

18. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I really enjoy this show, I hope it doesn't get canceled.

And yeah, the recent episode was interesting. I liked how it was handled.

19. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

What the fuck? You can't just end an episode like that!

20. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

Well they did and they are going to continue the storyline, but I totally understand!

Also the girl who plays the agent, total hotness!