1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[FRPG] National Crime Shadow

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nauro, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

On a whim, I decided to post the halfway report here, before 48 hours are up.

Kyle‘s thrown stake lands into Jerry‘s left hand with perfect aim, at the same time as Jerry is taking out an SMG with his right one. It takes a few precious seconds to ready it for firing.
    The woman stands still for a few seconds, and then, bullets start hitting her from the side – Mark places three rounds into her chest. Devon manages a few shots too and hits the woman's shoulder a few times. However, she ignores everything and launches herself at Devon, sharp movements, with strange, inhuman pauses mid-motion.

There’s a loud thump from the inside of the car, and the lid of the trunk bends with a screech, but doesn’t open. The shots fired through the backseat make the one inside shift his direction and he emerges from the backseat, water and wet remains of the seat scattering around inside. The male body is in a suit, with red marks on his throat and the chest. Now new wounds are visible on him.

The man, dripping wet, jumps outside through the window – the movement isn’t very accurate, however, and he lands outside, sliding on the mud, turning his head towards Connor, eyes closed, the face bloated from staying in water.

The associate near the chain, surprisingly, finds courage to drag out a pistol and starts running away backwards, shooting in general direction of the woman. One shot hits her, just as she reaches Devon, a shot that’s really too close for Devon’s comfort. The woman’s hand moves forward, trying to catch Devon’s throat.

Devon swats the hand that's aiming for his throat away, and tries to slash her neck with a knife, going from the side she's more injured in. However, she caches the blade with her injured arm, and Devon only manages to twist it out of her grasp slashing her side instead, making her arm completely limp.
    She manages to land a punch though that tosses him roughly a meter back, probably even fracturing a rib or two - Devon's face looks strained from sudden pain – he’s mostly down on the ground.

A thrown stake lands a bit to the side – Devon would have to roll to the side to reach it. It’s the same one that’s being thrown around a lot – Jerry is preparing to open fire at the woman, so that might be a really good idea.

The man from the car skitters on all four towards Connor, seemingly trying to aim for the legs.

Kyle is getting everything on tape.

I’ll extrapolate further actions, or, you can add some more declarations and in ~22 hours I’ll post the conclusion. You can expect PM’s in the nearest two hours.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I grunt in pain as I hear the cracks in my torso and drop to one knee. I know I can't let the pain get the better of me though and kick out at the corpse's knee (the one on the uninjured side if I can manage it) to try and make it fall over. If it does I frantically stab it in the chest until it stops moving. If it doesn't fall over I roll on to my back and try to push it away from me with my legs, to give the others a chance to shoot it some more, then roll myself in the direction of the stake.

3. BriAn

BriAn Squib

I am concerned about Devon on the floor, but this is lessened when Jerry starts to fire his SMG at the woman. He and Devon should be able to take care of the woman, but Conner might very well need my help. I turn my focus to the man that was in the trunk. The man's close proximity to Conner made a shot at him tricky. I drop the stake in my left hand to improve the stability of my pistol. I carefully aim at the man and fire two shots at him. I move closer and fire another shot at him. I keep my gun trained on the man ready to shoot at him again.

-Mark Lin

4. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

If Devon gets pinned by the woman's corpse, I put the camera down on the hood (facing the fight, of course) and jump down, trying to bumrush her off and preferably put her on the ground/over the hood of a car.

If he doesn't, I keep filming, with the original qualifier that I'm dropping the camera and trying to stake anything that gets close.

5. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Jerry empties half of the clip into the woman, most of the shots connecting with her torso and shoulders, a second before Devon places a couple of kicks into her legs. She slides on the wet ground and falls on top of Devon. The impact is heavy, but as she is unable to use one of her arms, it takes her a few moments to stabilize herself. In that time, Devon pierces her heart with his blade.

Jerry turns to the side, and finishes the magazine into the other man – however, his and Marks attempts to stop the man from reaching Connor fail. The dead man grabs Connor's legs, and tries to pull him down on the ground, ignoring the shots into his side. However, Connor manages one good shot before going down – the bullet from the magnum goes right into one of the eyes.

Sadly, all that isn’t enough.

The woman is still moving. Her weight, helped with the mass of all the water her stomach and lungs are full of, is holding Devon from effectively using his knife, and he can only twist it a bit. At that moment, Kyle finally decides that Devon needs help, and jumps from the car roof, slamming into the woman and pushing her of Devon. The dead woman manages to grab onto Devon’s side at the last moment, and pushing her off even helps a little to her grip, tearing clothes and flesh alike – leaving bloody finger marks on Devon’s chest.

The man, even when lacking an eye, still crawls over Connor, making Jerry and Mark very careful with their shooting. Mark slowly lines up the shot when Connor drops his magnum and tries to go for staking. The man swings his arm wildly, impacting Connors left shoulder, but not with as much impact as one would expect – it’s going to bruise, sure, but it’s not a serious injury. Mark's careful shot hits the man’s arm, inches away from Connor. Using the shot’s distraction, Connor manages a half swing, pushing the wooden stake deep into the heart of the dead man – the supernatural strength pumping in his veins in a form of vampire blood does most of the job.

It’s still not enough.

Jerry reloads, hesitating to shoot at anyone important. Connor realizes that the staking doesn’t work, but his opponent is getting weaker due to the damage – he takes the stake out and stabs a few times again. Mark looks like he’s going to press the trigger, but a shift from the man and Connor makes his finger freeze on the trigger. Both Connor and the dead man roll on the ground, Connor trying frantically to do enough damage. The man resorts to biting, and his teeth, without any fangs, completely human, bite into doctors face, leaving a bloody bite-marks on his nose and right cheek. The dead man draws back for another bite or swing, when Jerry and Mark use the opportunity to put in two more rounds, this time making the man collapse on top of Connor again. This time, finally, unmoving.

Devon, seeing red from the strike and pain, still manages to concentrate and brings down the knife a few times, stabbing the chest and slicing the woman in rage. Her arm moves in a wide arch, leaving a bruise on Kyle’s leg, and piercing deep into Devon’s shoulder, at the same time when Devon’s knife cuts her from her stomach to the neck. She finally stops moving, her arm still grasping on Devon’s shoulder, blood tickling from the wound down her arm, onto her sliced chest.

Injuries:
    An associate ran away in panic.
    An associate has no arm, and is loosing blood, while crying out of pain in the bushes, his leg under the car doors.
    Kyle has a bruise on left leg. Nothing serious.
    Jerry and Mark are uninjured.
    Devon has a fractured rib or two, a wound on his chest and a deep one in his left shoulder. That last one needs either quick medical attention or at least one BP expenditure, or you're risking a loss of left arm.
    Connor has a few bruises, and bleeding bitemarks on his face from the bite that almost took his nose off. Nothing very serious, but will hurt everywhere for a couple of days. Also, the face is guaranteed to scar, unless a BP is expended.

Evan's body hasn't moved one bit.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  6. Aekiel

High Score:
    "Mother fucker! Somebody get this bitch off me!"

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  7. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

I'd like to remind that a dead woman is still holding Devon's shoulder wound in a death grip, pardon the pun.

8. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I stand and move to the man without an arm, I don't care about the scarring, I want to save this man's life for now.

"Someone cut the fingers that are holding on to Devon. They won't move now, rigor mortis set in. I've never seen it set that quickly, but it won't move. Someone else get the house doc on the phone, tell him to get here quickly, no use getting the hospitals or the police involved. They wouldn't believe us even if we told them the truth."

To the associate, I stuff a piece of ripped shirt in his mouth to keep him from screaming or biting off his tongue as well as pulling more off to stem the bleeding., "Hold on man, I've got yah. Calm down and stop thrashing, it'll only kill you if you do."

-Connor McCroft.

9. BriAn

BriAn Squib

I run over to Devon and grab the knife that was used to kill the woman. I use it to cut off the fingers digging into Devon's flesh, carefully trying not to cut him any more than he was already. I then push the woman away from Devon and start to apply pressure on his wound.

"Shit! Conner, think that you can give that guy a quick patch-up? Devon's wound seems to be pretty serious and I'm not sure if we can wait for another doctor," I shout to Conner when I get a good look at the injury.

-Mark Lin

10. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

To the associate's credit, he does try to stop moving, whispering something that's impossible to understand with a mouth full of cloth.
    Connor also quickly bandages the arm with the shirt, it will work for a time, but for more stability, you'd need to use proper bandages - he has brought time for that though.

Mark cuts of the woman's fingers - it's not as simple as it might sound, but the superhuman strengh does give a bit of a push needed to cut the bones and dead flesh.
    The easyest way to heal that, as mentioned before is tearing/taking fingers out of the wound - should be easyer with them cut off, one by one - and spending a BP. Would still need some bandaging, though.

There's a very weak, both pleasant and strange aroma from the wet car, somewhat remiscent of blood.

11. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

I take a couple of steps back from Devon as Mark kneels over him, and pull out my phone when Connor yells at me.

After a second of dialing, I'm speaking rapidly.

"Hey? Yeah. We're here. Stop and listen. We need the house doc ASAP, and a few cleaners if you can spare 'em. It was a trap. Connor's down, same for one of our boys. Yes, Evan's here. Give me an idea of how much time we have?"

As I talk, I walk over to the camera, eject the memory card, pocket it, and toss the camera back into the car.

12. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

After a few more seconds the call is over.

Five minutes pass, and there's a phone call for Kyle - it's one of the doctors with a contract for the family - says he can met you at North Juanita, that's a bit to the east of you - or if the injuries are severe, he could try and arrange an anonymous stay at Fairfax hospital nearby as a last resort.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    "Mark," I say between clenched teeth, strangling screams of pain before they can escape. "Just clean the wounds. I can fix this myself. That stuff we took can heal this."

14. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I run over to the dry car and rummage for a first aid to apply to the finger holes.

"Kyle, load the guy into the dry car but be careful with him, that bandage job isn't the best. Mark, help him if you can."

I start to pry the fingers out as quickly and cleanly as I can. Once I'm done, I'll pour some anti-bacterial over the wounds and slap a dressing on for now.

15. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

It's a quality job - Devon only readies himself, and the fingers are already out - the anti-bacterial stuff stings like a bitch, though.
    It's still breading, as the wounds are quite deep, and I guess Devon does expend some blood to heal the most of the damage.

16. BriAn

BriAn Squib

Devon telling me that he was going to use the vampire blood to heal himself did not reassure me. I wanted a doctor near him just in case anything went wrong. Once Conner gets to Devon and asks me to help the man that he was just helping out to the car. I nodded to the doctor and move to do just that. On my way to the dry car I see that Conner has finished up with Devon.

I call out to him and ask, "Conner, do we have to worry about any permenant injury on Devon?"

If Devon's remaining injuries are nothing sever I will examine the area further.

-Mark Lin

17. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

The guy with no arm finally passes out - fatigue and tiredness help him in that regard as soon as he is laid down.
    I'm guessing the dry car means the Jeep, though - there's a lot of place for injured or dead bodies at the back, and, if needed, it can be covered.

Devon is throwing glances at the taxi.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    I struggle to my feet after healing my wounds. I can still feel some lingering pain, and my ribs groan in protest if I move them too far or too quickly. My arm still feels a bit numb too, though that seems less important to my mind.

What is important is in the car. I can smell it. It calls out to me, its taste saturating the air with a coppery tang that sets my taste buds on fire. Blood.

I shake my head to clear it of the sudden, intense thirst that has overcome me. It works for a moment and I shout out to my injured team mate. "Connor! There's Blood in the car. If you want any for yourself you'd better be quick!"

I lurch forward as the thirst settles in again, my mind once again consumed by the need for vampire blood.

19. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Devon opens the backdoor of the car and almost tears open the remains of the backseat, revealing two clay containers. They have a waxed seal on top of them, and look to be half liter size at most, each. One of them is broken near the top, and is the source of the scent you all feel. Actually, even though you don't have a perfect sense of smell, you do feel the vampire blood from quite afar.

You might have a pm about the addiction - I'll be sending them in a few minutes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  20. Aekiel

High Score:
    I pull off the seal from the unbroken container. The scent of vampire blood hits me and my senses go crazy. The world around me seems more vivid as I cast my eyes around. Colours are more vibrant, sounds sharper, clearer. I look back down at the blood sloshing around in the container. I realise that my hands are shaking and I stop them quickly, fearful of letting a single drop of blood fall.

I slowly raise the container to my lips, the smell of the blood overpowering everything else. I tilt it and taste the first sip of vampire blood. It is ecstasy. Better than any drug, better than sex. I need more.

I guzzle down the blood with wild abandon, uncaring as it splashes over my face and down my already bloody shirt.