1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fugitives of Azkaban by BajaB - K+

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Spanks, Jun 30, 2007.

1. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

The author rocks.
    I posted my review on FFN.net and we talked a little.
    Ginny is not coming back. The cannon pairings mean, in his/her words, "The canon pairings statement was to make sure everybody understood there would be no slash, or HP/OC, or hagrid/giant squid etc."
    He/She was very nice with his replys, I like him/her.

2. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Pleasantly enjoyable, and I have to disagree with Myst: too many stories try to force maturity over the course of a couple of days, but with the situations the author presents, it seems realistic that they really would have to mature from 13 year old mentalities to not adults, but to about 17 or 18 year old maturity levels... at least the for muggles, as such a concept is well above and beyond anything conceivable in the HP canon universe, proven by the release of HBP. But enough about that. Enjoyable in a darker, pessimistic sort of way.

4/5

3. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

Pretty decent fic, IF Ginny loses atleast her mind (better if she dies, but you can`t have everything......). Ron and Hermione scenes did make me queasy and I think Ron is too thick-headed to behave like that. Ignoring the fluffy parts I guess the its not too bad. Still there are many areas that can be improved.

3/5 for now. Maybe I'll change it later.

4. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I thought it was excellent. There aren't too many stories that catch my interest that well anymore (or rather, none that update), and with this story I had a real hard time going to bed instead of finishing it.

I agree with yojorocks about Ron's change in maturity. It was surprisingly well done. I look forward to reading more, especially if the author stays away from major fluff-fests. 4/5

5. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I also enjoy this story. Ron's sudden maturity is believably done because he spent several months with healers and curse breakers attempting to break him free of Harry's evil hold on him. It's somewhat refreshing to see a Ron that has managed to work through his petty jealousy. Hard to be jealous of a guy stuck in Azkaban.

So far, the story is well constructed. I'd say it fits more in the General category rather than the Azkaban category. 4/5 Jim

6. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Updated.

Didn't really have anything overly important in the chapter. I thought Sirius stalking Professor Sinistra was funny. I was cracking up when Sirius said...

“What about the teachers then?” asked Sirius hopefully. “Sinistra is a bit of ‘all right’. “Can I at least curl up by her fire every now and then? Maybe lick her toes a bit?”

The lick her toes part it was made it for me. I keep imagining Padfoot looking at Sinistra with those innocent dog eyes while licking her toes.

7. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I agree completely. I think the author handled Ron and Hermione very nicely. The only problem I have, is now that they're at Hogwarts, I can't see anything happening any time soon. What will they do? Seriously? Work on clearing their names (not happening)? Reveal themselves?

4/5

8. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

While the update is nice, I've found myself a little bored with the last two chapters. Like Logrus said, I don't see anything happening and I'm not really sure where the author is taking the story. Hopefully we're just in those necissary evil plot-pushing chapters.

9. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I certainly hope it picks up. Ive been so bored the last couple of chapters it aint even funny.

10. Tarnished Blade

Tarnished Blade Professor

The author posted chpt 7 on the 9th.

Looks like we get a hint about what happens to you know who ( not Lord V).

11. ovick111

ovick111 Backtraced

I hope Dumbledore reveals his true secret identity, that he is really Harry Potter from the future!

That would make the fic not suck so much. The start was good tho.

12. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Awesome story, I give 5/5.
    If there was a pairing i'd say it should be HP/LL but my favorite pairing is no pairing at all. At least, not for the main char.

Anway, it's a great story

13. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The author updated - and ended the story at nine chapters. I'd like more of a resolution, and he says that a sequel might not be forthcoming.