1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Furious Angels by Worldmaker - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by b0b3rt, Dec 19, 2010.

1. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

True. That being said, you didn't mind people confusing you with him.

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Lol right: I'm apparently gay, while you actually can't keep a woman to save your life (...or hers, if you're to be believed). I also like how once = constantly. "Getting old in my old age" indeed.

You'll get bored eventually, but like I said: continue spouting your bullshit.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  3. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Worldmaker, we're really doing nothing but responding to your posts filled with fail. The collective time everyone here has spent responding to all of your bullshit since you started posting is probably under twenty minutes. This isn't an attempt to build or reinforce any sort of reputation.

4. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

This thread has provided much lulz. But the majority is right. Worldmaker has become tiresome. Just toddle off and go get that early bird special now bud.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  5. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This shit isn't even worth writing a full

6. brad

brad Third Year

As has been said, Worldmaker is a first-class troll (that accolade is along the lines of 'the best of the worst', you understand;)). He has a desperate need to impose his (fandom) beliefs on all whom he encounters, and will participate in forums principally so he can hear the sound of his own voice squelch all other opinions. When faced with arguments and rebuttals which counter his own, to which he has no reply, his favourite - almost only - tactic is to simply repeat his own assertions louder and more crudely, plus ramp up the ad hominem attacks.

His assertion here that he wrote 'Furious Angels' as a satire is a desperate attempt to avoid the criticism (I guess he knows his bully-boy tactics won't work on DLP) but don't be fooled; he wrote it as a serious story. You see, he once had an instruction manual prefacing the first chapter.

I had an exchange with Worldmaker at the end of 2008 about the silliness of 'Furious Angels' and mocked the story for being so complex and clumsily written that he needed to lecture his readers on how to make sense of it. Some time after my mocking he removed it, but I have a copy. It's a couple of pages of "Notes on the Story" which started off with this:

... and so on, for a couple of pages.

I never read past the first chapter or two, and I thought the deliberate paradox of Harry and Ginny being soul mates because the SOUL STONES are given to them before they are soul mates because they are soul mates even though they aren't soul mates until the SOUL STONES make them soul mates (I'm paraphrasing Worldmaker's instruction manual) was nonsensical.

Anyway, there's absolutely no way in hell that an author would write a story as a 'satire' and yet preface it with pages of notes on how the SOUL STONES work, the powers and abilities of SOUL BONDS, Pureblood politics, the Twelve Houses that comprise the foundation of wizarding society, the Eight Houses of the second tier and so on. No, Worldmaker wrote 'Furious Angels' as a serious work ... it's only here on DLP, where his bully-boy tactics are of no use to him, that he's decided to distance himself from it.

7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Since Worldmaker is being a spoilsport and isn't delivering the lulz, I think it could be entertaining if you or Inverarity could provide links to threads/sites where he indeed attempts to defend his story based on its literary merits, meager though they may be. For some reason, I find myself morbidly curious.

8. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Morbid curiosity is fine, but I just wanna keep laughing at this faggot.

(That's 2, Jackie boy. Don't lose count now.)

9. Inverarity

Inverarity Groundskeeper

It was on FictionAlley, as I recall. I don't have links to the threads, and FictionAlley has been down for several days anyway. I've never had any private correspondence with Worldmaker, but I do recall the preface to Furious Angels that brad is talking about (on FA), and I agree that WM's responses to discussions and reviews there and on ff.net are much too earnest to make "I wrote it as a joke to troll the fandom" believable.

10. brad

brad Third Year

I'd thought the 'Instruction Manual' was on the fanfiction.net version, actually, but I'm glad you can corroborate its existence wherever it was. :) I'd screen-scraped the page rather than saving the raw HTML.

My exchange with Worldmaker about how a story of his needed a User Manual took place in the review thread of a third-party's story on Fiction Alley; I'm not leaking details of a private correspondence. :) Fiction Alley automatically subscribes story reviewers to the review threads and I was somewhat flummoxed when Worldmaker materialised in one of them 'reviewing' the story in his usual delightful over-the-top agree-with-me-or-you're-an-idiot blustery style. I'd thought only those in debate threads had that ... pleasure. 'Furious Angels' was mentioned as a story done right, and thus was I introduced to the magic of his SOUL STONES and the instructions on how they work. The exchange - and the Reference Manual - most certainly belie any disingenuous attempt here at DLP to deflect the criticism. He'll have to cop it. :D

11. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Psh.

Guy wrote a terribad story. As the author of a few myself, I can comfortably point out that there is no accomplishment in that, whatever the spin - unsuccessful troll is less successful than just putting your hands up and saying 'Yup, I suck, but I'm trying.'

The subsequent lulz he's provided are also negligible.

12. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

How is the act of completing a story, no matter how bad, not a great accomplishment, considering how few have been completed?

13. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Completing a story is an accomplishment.

Completing a great story is a great accomplishment.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

You're easily impressed, aren't you ?

15. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

"Suddenly, Voldemort appeared behind Harry and shot him in the back of the head with a deagle. The End."

That's all you need to make an incomplete story complete. Completing it well is a different story.

16. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I guess so, since I laugh at most of your posts.

17. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

...I said "impressed," not "amused."

Try harder, son.

18. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

You amuse me and I am impressed by your wit?

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

NO! DON'...

... Too late.
    The same way taking a shit isn't a great accomplishment. The say way having children isn't a great accomplishment. Even roaches have kids. Sit down, spawnfactory.