1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Future Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 23, 2020.

1. EkulTeabag

EkulTeabag Seventh Year

He'll be the ringbearer and Harry will make a Lord of the Rings reference or something.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Y u do dis. He’ll see it and think it’s great.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Butcher got married recently and you just know he did some stupid ring bearer joke irl.

I've never been more certain of anything.

4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Something like this.

5. Vanathor

Vanathor Third Year

Given how traditional the Raith are, he will be Harry's best man so the grooms side, as Dresden's eldest brother.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That requires revealing the relationship though, which they've been keeping secret.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was one comment about Peace Talks I never ended up writing, in Dead Beat, Dresden tells Mavra that he's read the Word of Kemmler, and that if he ever sees her again, he'll use that knowledge against her.

Yet in the fight vs Drakuul... nothing. I was wondering if that had been forgotten, or what excuse there'd be for him not using it.

9. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That just makes me think back to a previous comment I've made, that I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that some of his magical knowledge had been supressed or blocked at some point.

10. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Wouldn't be surprised. Mab's done it before, and he was only vaguely.connected to Winter at that point. Now that he's neck deep, who knows whats been hidden from him.

11. Zeelthor

It might not be something quick and dirty, such as what he needed then and there. He also seemed very confident in getting back at them. Might be there that the knowledge comes into play.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfil...6_myths_and_legends_conference_qa_transcript/

Another longgggg WOJ.

Key points in my opinion.

McCoy didn’t know about Harry until after Justin’s death. Seems odd but ok.

Some fairly interesting bits on the Denarians. Some were full followers of Lucifer (who it’s said we will see in trilogy!), but some, including Lacial, were on the fence, playing both sides or just being apathetic to the whole angel war.

So some of them are in a lake of burning fire, but others are, somewhere else.

Also have a better view on how the white council view Harry, and how being winter knight has likely saved his arse up till now.

13. Zeelthor

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The problem I suspect Butcher will have with him is to make him somehow distinct from other similar villains. Nicodemus already was Old Nick of the series and in the last book Dracul doubled down on a gentleman villain persona. Personally, I would go with a version that is a complete opposite of these two. Instead of the big bad, he's a very pleasant person to be around and there is nothing suggesting he's anything else but a great guy to have as a friend. Sort of villainous Clark Kent or Aizen before revelation, but Dresden would be aware of his identity.

Or I would make Garry be Lucifer because nobody would expect that to happen.

15. Erotic Adventures of S

https://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,53960.0.html

Big WOJ, someone over on paranet lister it out already.

A fair bit of good info.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/k78gbz/about_that_podcast/

This one is better.

Edit again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfil..._legendarium_a_conversation_with_jim_butcher/

Long interview. Literally noting good in there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  16. Erotic Adventures of S

Another few bits from new interview:

• The pov that'd change the fandom's views on the world the most in a single short story is probably Langtry's since he's the one who knows exactly how much of a problem Dresden is since he knows the whole story.

• Mab is a villain in Jim's eyes.

• Marcone was originally a throwaway gangster guy but his intro was too cool to just drop him so he started growing and keeping pace with Harry.

• Dresden is so ignorant that it's really easy for Jim to just change background details as he goes because it's not like Harry has any clue about that stuff.

• The kraken soulgaze and resulting scare was a starborn thing.

• Rudolph's fate is uncertain, a Rudolph redemption arc is still in the cards but so is ending up on the stone table.

• White Court can get STDs, but they don't suffer from them, they just carry them.

• Possibly just Nicodemus for book 20.

17. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

That both explains and complicates things because if Mothers are more like Uriel then which Summer Queen replaced the Mother Summer? Are all angels multiversal and Denarians have multiple coins or maybe there are a lot more Denarians that are all active in different universes?

I'm suspecting that the Outsiders are singular too, but then did Mirror Mirror Harry have the same interactions with them or the difference is because they're the outside factor that makes differences between lives of the characters?

Based on how gathering the powers work in the series that should be expected. The only question is if other forms of government have similar, if less powerful bonuses that could be used if for example a wizards becomes the POTUS?

While it's good for the author, it's really getting ridiculous considering all the troubles Harry finds himself in because he didn't educate himself beforehand while having Bob.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  18. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah Bob is a massive plot hole. Through him and now Bonea, Harry should know more than almost any mortal, and his understanding on the workings of magic should be very OP.

19. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Having knowledge accessible is one thing, understanding the right questions to ask to figure it out is another.

We have much of the sum of all human knowledge at our fingertips, but we still rely on people who've trained for decades to interpret it for us.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

And yet if terrifying monsters kept bringing up the fact that I was something called “Starborn” and my mentors were being cagey about what that meant, I’d damn well at least TRY to google (Bob) it.