1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Future Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

More Q&A

https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/piopig/butcher_dragon_con_weaponized_magic/

Nothing special really, talking a bit about the system of magic in the verse.

McCoy fucked up by not raising his daughter.

It’s confirmed that the WC and Harry hating the WC has held him back magically. Most wizards get further teaching.

Edit:

More: https://www.reddit.com/r/dresdenfiles/comments/piitp0/butcher_dragon_con_2021_fey_panel/

About Far and lying, it’s tied to power, Mab cannot lie at all, Toot toot can forget info and lie by omission.

The think fear is power, it’s why Harry is sure to knock them around when he can.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. yargle

yargle Professor

Can't say I'm shocked re:McCoy and the WC/Harry stuff.

3. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

New DF short story coming in the "Heroic Hearts" anthology, due out in May.

In #1 New York Times bestselling author Jim Butcher’s “Little Things,” the pixie Toot-Toot discovers an invader unbeknownst to the wizard Harry Dresden . . . and in order to defeat it, he’ll have to team up with the dread cat Mister.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

I prefer his short stories when they are fun and not plot vital.

5. Psychotic Cat

I can see that I suppose, since Jim has more freedom to write them for their own sake. Rather than being focused around having XYZ pieces of world building, plot, or character development he needs to convey to the reader, but can't in the main books with them constrained to Harrys POV.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

I mostly just feel the main plot shouldn’t be dependent on short stories. Makes it hard for people to follow the whole narrative.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

8. Erotic Adventures of S

There is a short story told from Toot toots perspective recently published.

Not vital to meta plot. Enjoyable but nothing special. 6.5/10

Story is toot toot and the guard stopping a attack on the castle by little goblins, like evil “little folk”.

We see Bob in his new job running the castle. The whole castle seems to act like his old skull now.

It’s based pretty soon after the battle, weeks I would guess. Harry is pretty depressed still but functioning. Playing host to some refugees of the battle.

We get a bit of insight into toot and how little folk see the world and function.

9. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Toot-Toot as hidden Lucifer/Kemmler/Big Bad is out then. That leaves Mister and Paranoid Gary on my list.

10. Psychotic Cat

DragonCon Q&A Stuff.

Biggest takeaway from that for me is confirmation of the timeline re Marcone
    When did Marcone take up the coin? Ride of the Valkyries was still playing, before the chopper was back to the city.

11. yargle

yargle Professor

Okay, earlier than I thought but I can't say I'm super surprised. That amount of time + Thorned Namshiel being the sorcery teacher amongst the Denarians what we saw at end of Battle Ground really makes sense.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

I assumed it was around then, like maybe a week later once he had time to do a bit more research throughout Gard, but close enough.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Marcone's the type of person to have dossiers on the major players in the supernatural scene before they ever turn up in his neck of the woods. I highly suspect he knew as much as was publicly available about the Denarians after Death Masks and much more once he contracted the Einherjar from Vadderung. So he'd have gone in to Small Favor knowing who the big names in the Order were and determined which of the Fallen he'd be willing to ally with if given the opportunity.