1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Future Game Set Up Questions

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by TerRaine, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

There is some stuff t hat will remain hidden, but we never really considered anything other than an open set up, indeed.

2. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

you've given away the unlyncher and the full setup outline (# of town scum and third party.)

The issue with a bastard open game is that it doesn't exist. Any game that can be decided as bastard with an open setup isn't bastard, it's unbalanced. By definition if the information is on the table, then scum get to abuse it because they have all the information, even if they are a minority. It's abusable.

---------- Post automerged at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Like I don't say this to be a bitch, I'm just saying I can't let a bastard game with leaked details to run. It'll need to meet certain quotas. If you want help balancing, I'm always free to do that.

3. Sloth

No worries. If what we're doing doesn't fit the definition of Bastard, all that means is that our game won't be bastard. It'll be balanced.
    This is all far-off planning anyway.

4. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

It's all subject to change. This is the barest of bare bones.

5. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

why not? i dont see a problem with it. they are merely discussing ideas

even if its open but unbalanced, the players who sign up for it go in knowing that.

isn't the purpose of most game in the end to have fun?

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Lexi you're overstepping your bounds. If someone wants to run a game and you don't like the details, get over it. People don't have to play it, and if it doesn't get enough sign ups move onto the next game.

7. Delphine

Delphine First Year

My 2 cents:

I don't think the actual premise of the thread, which was asking about VTs in high power setup, was a bad thing to run past people. I also don't think talking over setup details for an open setup in some detail is bad. As I see it, it's TerRaine and Sloth's responsibility to not reveal information that won't be public when they run the game...and if they do, it'll be their own fault when they put work into designing a game and then no one will play it/they have to change it because they fucked up. But assuming they're reasonably intelligent (which I do!) I think the thread should be kept open and they, ofc, can feel free to not answer questions that shouldn't be. I also think it was completely reasonable to check and make sure they weren't compromising their own game (and kind to offer to review), but I think those sentiments could've been expressed more tactfully and without assuming the worst. Not that the subsequent responses have been entirely tactful either :b

8. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ...as I said, optional.

9. Sloth

For now, we'll leave this one alone until we have something more solid. We may take up on some of the offers to beta the game then. Thanks guys. :)

10. Sloth

So just an update on this...

We're basically done with the game set-up.
    Right now we're just trying to get a couple of betas (Lexi and ika for now) to go over the mechanics and rules and see if they see anything to change or add.
    Assuming it's not a total disaster, this process shouldn't take too long and we should be ready to host the game soonish.
    Yay?

11. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib