1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Galavant

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Heleor, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

So, I was rewatching some Psych last month and began to wonder what the main cast had been doing since the end of the show. I checked on Wikipedia and Omundson's page as well, saw he was in a "Galavant" TV-Series and decided to download it after reading the (seriously underwhelming) blurb. It sat on my computer for a couple of weeks 'cause I didn't feel like suffering through a costume romance drama. Then, 3 days ago, I was bored and looking through the list of TV-Shows I had yet to watch and decided to give it a try... imagine my surprise (and delight) when the first thing I saw was the opening musical number. Fuck the blurb:

"Way to undersell it, Barry... It's a masterstroke!"

So many quotable moments, great characters, fantastic songs, nice humor. No one I know knows about it, and I'm not simply talking about Italians (the series never aired here). It's a real shame 'cause this is one of the best shows in the last few years.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/more-galavant

To petition for a third season. Probably useless, but it takes literally 5 seconds. And yes, season 2's ending is fine, but come on, the world needs #MoreGalavant (apparently, it's a hashtag).

2. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

I have watched this show about 6 times in the last few months with various people I've shown it to. It's gotten so bad I can sing the entire opening song from memory.

By the way did you know that Joshua Sausse (Galavant) is engaged to freaking Kylie Minogue? The met on set after she guest starred in one of the best songs in season two. If you watch it, you can clearly see several of Sausse's teenage fantasies coming true all at the same time.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

4. Sorrows

Lol that song is a real earworm, and you only have to watch it to know they were absolutely positively already fucking by that point.

5. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Damn, that song is catchy.

All guest-stars absolutely nail it, there's not a single bad or even meh one, from the big names all the way "down" to the relatively less recognizable ones. It's astounding if you think about it.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

This has officially been cancelled.

A sad sad day.

7. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Nuuuuuuuuu

8. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Now what am I going to watch?

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:

At least this show was able to find its footing and end in a great spot. So many don't (cough Muppets cough).

10. Sorrows

It's sad, but not unexpected, the ratings dipped a lot in the second season, aah well it was good while it lasted.

11. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

12. Blundo

Blundo Second Year

High Score:
    Glad the people involved are going to be able to continue, albeit in another format. The quality of the show could get uneven, but overall it was one of the more fun things I've seen on TV lately. A welcome change from my usual fare (The Americans for instance, while a high quality and enjoyable show, is one I would hesitate to call 'fun').

13. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

So, Galavant is on Netflix now. Anyone else glad they can easily go back and rewatch this when they feel like it? Makes it much more accessible than it used to be.

14. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Started watching it on Netflix and loved it. Hits every major trope and makes fun of it, then keeps going. So sad it's not getting a third season.