1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game and Variant List

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I'd be fine with this. I also put my gaame draft in the mafia design group and got feedback from Bill and some other good mafia players. Having another set of eyes would help.

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Although, I do wish there were two Mods for this section as Lexi you can sometimes be strongly opinionated :p (which can be a good thing too)

---------- Post automerged at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Oh nm forgot about Sesc. I think I just really wish Zeit hadn't dissapeared.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I would agree to that if I was allowed to mod but tbh I'd want a newbie friendly game so I would start with a similar thing to what MS does...Or outright steal if allowed to.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Keep in mind that most simple open or semi-open setups that use normal roles are pretty newbie friendly. So you certainly could use that setup, but just because MS uses it doesn't mean there aren't options that are as good or better.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, ika just got banned. Who's game was next?

This is what the first post said:

So...is Star Wars IV still the next one coming?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  5. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Stuff..........

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  6. Quiddity

High Score:
    Idk, I asked Xiph0 and he didn't do it.

Still, pm a mod or ask in the other thread? This one has another mini-crisis of its own to deal with, I'd rather we didn't get bogged down in the drama-discussion.

7. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Sorry I just saw it here . My bad

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'll pm Zeit. If he doesn't respond in a few days, would anyone else be interested in running a game?

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    I can, but I'd rather not. (Because it's too short a time period to devise a proper/interesting AND balanced setup, so I'd probably just end up doing a slightly more complicated version of the filler game. Plus moving into uni and etc.)

10. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

There's no way Ter and I's game will be anywhere near ready.

11. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Yea no way. We don't even have the roles laid out for someone to go over

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'll run a game. Put me in the queue coach
    Details within 2 days

---------- Post automerged at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I was planning on entering the queue at some point in the next few months anyways

13. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

The queue is going to be put on hold for a few days while things settle into place and changes are made. I will clear it and take new entries when this is done. I apologize for the inconvenience, but the little bit of cooldown time should be good for anyone anyway.

14. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Ok, so what is going to happen is that I am going to reset and reopen the queue.

People who are interested in running games can post here and will be added to the list.

Any game in this list will need to have reviewers. You will require 2 different reviewers to approve your game before it can be run. You may use me as a resource for this. As a temporary measure, I will also need to approve all setups before they are run. My plan for the future in this regard is to have a small group of people as a "review group" who can take turns sitting out of games and approving setups, and will eliminate the need to me to take final overviews.

Games that are NOT mafia, will be stored in a separate list than mafia games, and will operate on a unique schedule based upon the complexity of the current mafia game. This thread will still be where you sign your game up. These games do not require a reviewer, but DO require a co-host, given their length and complexity.

That's all for now, folks. More to come when I'm not puking up funny things.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I would like to join the queue.

I'm currently thinking of re-running Zeitgeist's Avatar-hunt game. I have permission from him to run it on another site, so it should be ok to run on this site (if I need permission? I'm not sure how things like that go for mafia games but I got permission half a year ago via PM that I can show if necessary).

Do I need to get this accepted by multiple reviewers, since it's already been run on here? If it's a setup with pre-chosen roles a la witch hunt etc., can someone simultaneously review AND be in the game?

When hosting a game, do I need to have a co-host?

Also, could you give a list of eligible players for reviewing or some help in finding a second reviewer, if I need a second one?

Link to setup/details: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=25733

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  16. Quiddity

High Score:
    I would like to join the queue for some point in the future (maybe two game setups away?). I'm happy to review games for now, and possibly be part of this "review group", but would need more info before committing.

17. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Sloth and I would like to queue up...wokring on a game now

18. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I too believe that Sloth and I would like to queue up. Sloth and I sounds like good people.

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

If permissible I would like to join the review group.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Signups/etc. to come tonight