1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game recommendations - top tier single player titles?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Alistair, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Cyberpunk ran like a top on my 1060 when most people thought it was literally melting their PCs. I guess I got lucky. It's not at all close to what they promised, and it's kinda groundhog day after the 30hr mark as far as missions go, but if you catch it on sale it's way worth it.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3/4/5, and am going to pick 6 up today, it's $20 off.

Days Gone was pretty decent.

Control is awesome.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is a great game, but man, is it horribly frustrating. I actually broke a mouse on that one.

I'd give Fallout 4 a go as well, and mod it as you see fit to get rid of annoyances.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you go with Skyrim, strongly recommend you check out wabbajack and their modlists. Fairly simple to install and massively improves the game. https://www.wabbajack.org/#/

Also.

Final Fantasy XV is pretty good.

Dragon Age Inquisition has already been mentioned.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

As mentioned above, Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Not only a highly enjoyable game, but gorgeous looking as well.

You might like Mad Max as well. Personally, while I'm never a fan of driving in games, I do love this one especially for its driving and combat.

Dragon's Dogma is pretty great too, albeit not what you would exactly call hardware intensive.

And for all the faults that modern Assassin's Creed games have, Unity, Origins and Odyssey feature some of the most beautiful environments.

Deus Ex + Human Revolution + Mankind Divided are also pretty fantastic single player games.

Batman Arkham series - Arkham Knight is gonna be the one you want if you're after pure visuals.

Dishonored is pretty good - Dishonored 2 is sorta okayish. Technically, better looking, but didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

And on that note, get Arkane's Prey as well.

Dying Light is pretty fun too, one of those zombie apocalypse games I actually enjoyed.

The new Hitman games might be what you're looking for as well, pretty gorgeous looking.

Then there's the Metro series - 2033, Last Light and Exodus. Good single player games, Exodus being the most visually impressive.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - not really all that graphically intensive, but fantastic story. If you like it, head straight into NieR Automata.

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Boy oh boy. First of all, grab Hogwarts Legacy. The story is meh but the open world and the atmosphere is top tier and it will take advantage of every single bit of your rig.

If you like crpgs or are a fan of DnD-like games, look up Owlcat Games studio and its two Pathfinder adaptations: Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous. They're single player, very good and will keep tou busy for a while.

Personal rec after that for a shorter but very fun single player survival/horror experience, look up Subnautica and give it a try.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Consistency is key.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I know what I'm about.

7. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jfc chatgpt spambots are a whole new wave of suck

8. jamiwaler

jamiwaler Muggle

completely agree

9. jamiwaler

jamiwaler Muggle

I've recently finished Nier Automata, and I have very pleasant feelings after the passage, in some moments it's a bit boring, but the plot is completely captivating. so I'm sure it's worth playing.

I also advise you to play the new Diablo 4, it's also a very nice game. Dark setting, maybe you will like it)

10. jamiwaler

jamiwaler Muggle

Hello, I haven't been on the site for a long time because I had a lot to do... And here I am again with this question. I don't play games much at all, but sometimes I want to improve my weapons, armor, etc. (when I play diablo). Recently, a colleague advised me to use the services of this boost service, so that when I don't have time to play, they will take care of pumping my character. What do you think about these "offices", how liquid are they or is it possible to pump your characters yourself?

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't shilling for this "service."

Giving any 3rd party access to your gaming accounts, to which irl and real money info is typically attached, is moronic in the extreme.

Like... bro.

12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't even know which part of this is the worst: what Khan brought up, the fact that there are people who buy a game and then pay more money so they don't have to play it, or that there are games so tedious and grindy that there is a market for people you can hire to grind the tedious game for you so you can skip to the fun parts.

Shit's messed up.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
  13. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I mean it's probably just a clever shill, but...

Bruh... Just play the game. Even in MMOs it's sad to microtransactionally purchase gear and levels. (I've played a shit fucking metric ton of hours of MMOs in the past - thousands and thousands of hours in Runescape and OSRS, and thousands and thousands of hours in Guild Wars). And, in this case, where you pay someone to level you and gear you up, it's worse than sad. It's a good way to get the account stolen and all of the shit that you just paid for is gone and all of the gear is sold. Just play the goddamn game. If you don't have time then you don't have time - welcome to adulthood. You're not going to be able to sink as much time as younger players or other players with no responsibilities unless you're willing to shirk on those very real responsibilities.. That's life, dude.

But in what is essentially a goddamn single player game?

Bruh. Play when you can play. Enjoy it when you get the time to enjoy it.

Basically...

...Bruh...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
  14. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Obvious bot is obvious.

However back on topic -Baldurs Gate 3 continues to be a delight. Predominantly single player, at least in my experience, though the multiplayer option is a major draw for the right crowd I'm sure.

Starfield was a lot of fun. Some people have a weird chip on their shoulder about either praising or condemning it, but tbh it's pretty good, though not the timeless great which was Skyrim. More akin to Fallout 4 in space, better on some areas and a little weaker in others.

A bit older, but Stellaris is a major time sink which eats up basically from when I launch it to 2am consistently, no matter what time of day I open it. This makes it risky to play.

On even older still, I've been dabbling with FTL every now and then. Very minimal space roguelike, but very very satisfying and I highly recommend to just about everyone. Often on sale for basically a thin bent penny.

15. makeshiftcraftsman

makeshiftcraftsman First Year

Civilization 6 and Shadow of Mordor are lots of fun.

If you're will to play older games then you've got lots of cheap options on steam
    Fable
    Oblivion
    Morrowind
    Stardew Valley
    Factorio
    Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

16. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

You may want to look at Old World instead of Civilization 6. Takes the smallest bits of crusader kings and adds a lot of mechanics to humanize the game. I believe one of the developers from an earlier Civilization title is behind this game.

There are still some balance changes coming out, but the game's extremely fun to play as is.