1. EXTENSION til the 10th - Holiday Flash Writing Competition
    Topic? Bah, just make sure your SETTING is HOGWARTS!
    CLICK HERE for more info! Now, damnit!
    750 - 1500 word count & Stories due January 10th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game recommendations - top tier single player titles?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Alistair, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Cyberpunk ran like a top on my 1060 when most people thought it was literally melting their PCs. I guess I got lucky. It's not at all close to what they promised, and it's kinda groundhog day after the 30hr mark as far as missions go, but if you catch it on sale it's way worth it.

I really enjoyed Far Cry 3/4/5, and am going to pick 6 up today, it's $20 off.

Days Gone was pretty decent.

Control is awesome.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is a great game, but man, is it horribly frustrating. I actually broke a mouse on that one.

I'd give Fallout 4 a go as well, and mod it as you see fit to get rid of annoyances.

2. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you go with Skyrim, strongly recommend you check out wabbajack and their modlists. Fairly simple to install and massively improves the game. https://www.wabbajack.org/#/

Also.

Final Fantasy XV is pretty good.

Dragon Age Inquisition has already been mentioned.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

As mentioned above, Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Not only a highly enjoyable game, but gorgeous looking as well.

You might like Mad Max as well. Personally, while I'm never a fan of driving in games, I do love this one especially for its driving and combat.

Dragon's Dogma is pretty great too, albeit not what you would exactly call hardware intensive.

And for all the faults that modern Assassin's Creed games have, Unity, Origins and Odyssey feature some of the most beautiful environments.

Deus Ex + Human Revolution + Mankind Divided are also pretty fantastic single player games.

Batman Arkham series - Arkham Knight is gonna be the one you want if you're after pure visuals.

Dishonored is pretty good - Dishonored 2 is sorta okayish. Technically, better looking, but didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

And on that note, get Arkane's Prey as well.

Dying Light is pretty fun too, one of those zombie apocalypse games I actually enjoyed.

The new Hitman games might be what you're looking for as well, pretty gorgeous looking.

Then there's the Metro series - 2033, Last Light and Exodus. Good single player games, Exodus being the most visually impressive.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - not really all that graphically intensive, but fantastic story. If you like it, head straight into NieR Automata.