1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game to be as ugly as actors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Feb 24, 2007.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Wow. You talk about shit - usually, EA makes the graphics look sweet and the gameplay shitty but here they're aspiring to ruin their 5th Harry Potter in a row not only plot and gameplay-wise but also aesthetically... and it looks like they'll be succeeding.

Let's start with Snape again:
    [​IMG]

What? What the fuck is that? Is that a Sludge-Pudge Monster? Jesus.

[​IMG]

You know, I'd figure a multi-bajillion dollar franchise could afford graphics designers that could create more appealing faces than Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I also figure they'd have cooler storylines that broke away from canon a bit and provided you with the ability to kill things. Lots of things. Creating an HP game and profiting is almost impossible to fail at for these guys but their lack of trying should cause people to boycott.

But no. Twats will buy this shit. How do I know? Some enthralling comments from MuggleNet comments board members:

And...

Actually, that has nothing to do with my point but I thought it was amusing and quite possibly true:

[​IMG]

Almost as compelling as when Anakin Skywalker chanted "Yippy Skippy" in Episode I. And we know how well that was received.

Fuck me sideways.

Anyway, this one is to ruin Sera's hopes for escaping into a gameworld to be with his girlfriend.

[​IMG]

I guess I'm more pissed that the storyline sucks. The graphics never matter but this doesn't look like anything I'd ever want to play on a next-gen console. Well, I don't think I'd want to play it because the franchise sucks. Either way, what they need to do is add things to kill, things to purchase and to expand the Wizarding World to include different places despite Rowling's lack of doing so over six books (Diagon Alley, Underground Ministry, Hogsmeade and Howarts. Yippy skippy, I'm shaking with excitement of all the things I could do).

P.S. Fuck EA. If Eastwood or BioWare were allowed to do this game, it would be Top 5 of all time.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

My god. What the fuck is that? Aren't computer games supposed to be getting better, graphics wise? That's just horrible. And people buy this shit? Especially when you just know the game-play will suck ass, it being EA and all. That, combined with certainty that it'll follow canon to the letter with a few, tiny, minor changes... well, it's going to blow major cock.

Lol at Cho Chang. Sera's crying right now. I just know it. Yippy-skippy!

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

You slay me. I've only played one of the HP games, when my sister rented the Sorceror's Stone game. T'was quite craptacular.

4. BioPlague

How could a game with a cover like this possibly fail?

[​IMG]

Although, this picture does look amusing. Is Harry going to kill Hermione?

[​IMG]

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lulz. He is about to cast the killing curse. It's green and everything.

They need to make a game like KotoR where you can either be dark or light, stuff like that. That would be a fun game to play, definitely.

6. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

What are the odds someone will be that creative with a movie-game?

7. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

About the same as Harry having sex with someone attractive.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I know, but the KotoR-style game is more directed at the Harry Potter universe, not the movies or even the books. Sure, it'll use canon as a base, but why have a playable-character that's even in the books? A totally new character, maybe even a totally new Dark Lord running around.

Maybe in the past, like KotoR, or in the future... how many years? Who knows.

9. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Problem with that idea is that both BioWare and Obsidian are tied up with other projects for the forseeable future, and I really wouldn't trust any other developer to make a good RPG out of it :(

Would be great if it ever happened though.

10. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could be good to have it set during either Grindelwalds time or the First Rise of Voldemort. Gives you a war setting, but one thats relatively unexplored and is definitily open to use.

11. BioPlague

That would be an epic idea. Get to play as a wizard that gets to chose between helping Dumbledore or Grindelwald. Canon ending would be helping Dumbledore but giving the option to delve into the Dark Arts. God, that would be sweet.

And of course killing stuff. Killing stuff like humans would be great. Yeah, I'm sort of hooked on that concept ^_^.

12. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Lolz, I remember someone getting me the second one for gameboy as a gift, needless to say after playing it for about 10 minutes I was throughly bored and disgusted.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was an idiot and bought the boxset of the first three games. Craptacular they were, I finished all of them in less than two days (game time). Even the puzzles weren't that difficult, though I shouldn't have expected much from a childrens' game.

On the rpg note, I reckon a WWII era game would be the best idea. It would bring in the war fanatics, coupled with the killing curse >: D. Of course you'd have to learn all the spells, cause starting out with Avada Kedavra is just a bit overpowered. Maybe have you learn a few basic spells at Beauxbatons, Hogwarts or Durmstrang then send you out in to the wide world of warfare :D. They could even have it voice controlled like SOCOM: Navy Seals. :D

Sometimes I hate my imagination - when I was in school I planned out a C&C style game for Warhammer 40k. The only differences I can spot between that and the official game are that there aren't any Tyranids and the concept of strategic/critical points. At the minute I'm mapping out a HP game in my head... Its quite annoying.

Aekiel :D

14. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

World of Wizardry.. the newest MMORPG..PK all the slashy fangirls.. yay

15. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

My god... Everything is so ugly.... Surely EA can do better than that! I would say look at BF 2142 but that was developed by a different team but published by EA I think.

For a game that has so much money going into it, they could at least make the genders look correct. Cho is... uh Im not going to say anything. No words can describe it.

16. Rosanna Lynn

Rosanna Lynn Guest

Ew. Harry isn't that ugly, as for Cho and Hermione...blegh..

The graphics suck.

17. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

Oh this is just wrong! I now its a movie game and by definition it's going to suck (except Chronicles of Riddick. That was actually really good.) but this is insulting. Harry looks about 4 years old. And even though I hate Cho with a passion, she didn't deserve that.

18. NamesAreUnimportant

NamesAreUnimportant Third Year

Here's an idea I've had for awhile about a Harry Potter RPG. It's similar to what you all were saying about KotOR, but it also has the freeform fighting style of Fable and Jade Empire.

It takes place after canon. The training mission/tutorial is the Auror Academy, and then you go on a few routine Auror assignments to warm up, but there's still that aspect of going Light or Dark. One difficulty that I've seen with existing games is that there is an extremely limited library of spells. The way I see it, you should have presets or 'hotkeys' for your favorite spells that you use most commonly. I'll use an Xbox 360 controller for example: have R trigger be your default offensive spell, L trigger be your default shield, and then you can use preset secondary spells by holding R/L button (not trigger, mind you) and pressing X, Y, or B (I shamelessly stole that idea from Fable). By having to hold the R/L button to cast battle spells, you can use X, Y, and B by themselves for general purpose spells. This same controller scheme would also work on any PlayStation platform, and GameCube can suck my nuts.

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Wow. You really like your GameCube, don't you? I've seen hardcore Nintendo fans that wouldn't put their balls near the console for sucking. ;)
    That is very sweet.

20. NamesAreUnimportant

NamesAreUnimportant Third Year

Haha, yeah, because all those hardcore M-rated games on GameCube really turn me on...wait, there aren't any of those games!

I'm tellin' you, stick with Xbox! :cool: