1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

To be fair, your usage of the words 'feed a lot', rather than something more diplomatic such as 'at risk/in danger' or something similar, is rather abrasive.

Rather than saying exactly how deficient he is, just mention how he isn't fully runed, and you will probably be needing some help early to stay even or get ahead.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I hate the word 'feed' in general, because it implies intent. Not that I don't use it when I am mad, or am feeding, myself, I just understand that it is a word that is in no way productive.

When does Worlds pick up again? Last two days of Worlds I missed because I had no idea what time they were.

3. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Starts in 90-ish minutes.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Damn ill all, missed it again.

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

You're in Greece right Republic? Then I -think- you're on CEST? If so, you can always check the whole schedule on Gamepedia, or you can go to lolesports.com and it automatically converts the times for the next matches into your timezone.

Anyway, assuming you're CEST - Next matches are at 4am tomorrow (Saturday) and start again at 9pm on Saturday to finish the group stage off.

6. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I think my time zone GMT+2, if this makes sense.

Thanks for the links, LD.

Edit: Too bad I will miss it again.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yorick, how does he work?

Did a normal game with him in a dream lane (gangplank). Completely shut the GP down for the first 15 to 20 minuyes. I had 4 times his CS and 2 levels over him with almost perfect CS. Then a Draven with double buffs came top and killed me twice (was half HP the first time). He seems too kiteable and his damage wasnt consistent enough for me to feel like playing him in ranked. By consistent I mean "able to be put onto an ADC when you surprise them out of brush". Several times in dominion and the normal I played peole were able to just walk away from my slow ghoul after it hit behind them. Yorick cant chase very well (did they change his Q?) And even built full damage (TF manamura) the damage he was putting out solo was just unimpressive compared to the domination I'd have had on Morde/Renekton/Jarvan/Kayle in the same set up.

Was I just doing it wrong or is he just underwhelming right now and ill have to wait on the rework to get through.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Yorick really doesn't do much damage at all, at least I've never felt like I have when I played him - he's designed as a tanky bruiser whose job is to just get all over someone and ruin their day - preferably a skill-shot based champion due to his ghouls and their infuriating ability to block everything.

Honestly, the longer you stay alive, the better off you are on Yorick and obviously you want to be saving your ult for your hyper-carry or, if they're safe and you're dying/someone with CD's is, on them instead.

The only damage item I get on Yorick would be Muramana, I suppose a Gauntlet too as that sort of counts with sheen + the AoE effect. Your passive syncs up well with building tanky, your healing ghoul and movement ghoul help you out a lot but, no, he's a very niche pick and even then can be out-classed by multiple champions.

People have figured him out now compared to the middle of S2 where he was this immovable block - he still is, but he drops off now given the number of new champions who can just get to your carries and eliminate them or disable Yorick long enough to ensure he never gets his ult off on the ideal target.

The rework will probably help as he's still rather slow if his Q doesn't land/stay on the target and his ghouls are rather easy to kill, negating him of 15% damage reduction/damage through his passive. Honestly though, I don't think it'll help too much - there are far too many more mobile champions who can deal with Yorick, combined with his 2 vs 1 being rather poor at least in my opinion despite two ranged abilities - he goes oom quickly before he has a tear and thus gets heavily denied.

10. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So Ahri is really popular right now in ranked, because of the LCS championships. Well, I have a strategy I'm going to share with you.

Ban out Kassadin.

I know "But Kassadin counters Ahri!" That's right, but if you don't ban him out, people either pick him or don't pick Ahri. However, that opens you up for a second counter.

Swain.

Swain destroys Ahri, and few people expect it. It's kinda sad, really. She can't kill you once you're both six cause of your ult, and you can either force her ult out, or force her out of lane easily. Getting a kill on her with a jungle gank is actually really easy.

Enjoy the Freelo.

11. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Nukeduck tried that and failed. Swain's pre-6 waveclear isn't as good as Ahri's, his snare is more easily telegraphed than her charm, and she trades better because of her passive sustain.

Of course, Faker is a god of mid lane and his positioning was utterly perfect vs Nukeduck and the jungler so he strolled out of the snare every time and nearly baited the gank into his tower.

Ahri with a DFG at 6 can roam to other lanes much better than Swain; she can explode a squishy and return to lane by the time the wave gets to tower. Sure, Swain is an immovable block in lane once you hit 6, but it doesn't matter if you get chunked before you get ult or if Ahri's not even trying to push you out of lane.

You also have to consider the rest of the enemy team: mobility and pick potential make Swain completely useless. Nukeduck had no presence in team fights against Lee Sin, Elise and Ahri because they could just slip around him, take free kills and walk right out.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There is plenty of difference between Faker!Ahri and yoloQ!Ahri. YoloQ!Ahri does, as a general rule, have trouble against a decent Swain.

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Which is why you just fuck your lane and start ganking top and bot. Imo she has so much gank potential if you are not going to win your own lane then help someone else snowball. Take Drake. Steal blue. Put pressure elsewhere and help the team.

14. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Which is why when she leaves lane to gank, you A. Ping the MIA and B. Push the wave. At six Swain's waveclear is good enough that he CAN get the wave to the tower before she gets back unless she pulls off the gank immediately once she roams.

Pro-level players are hard to counter. Especially pro level players on one of their absolutely favorite champions. Republic21 has it correctly. A pro!Level Ahri vs SoloQ!Ahri are two entirely different things.

Also, I got lane-screwed as Swain by a Morde last game. He started boots, and they had a Janna on their team. That little bit of extra movespeed allowed him to dodge the snares several times when he normally wouldn't have been able to.

15. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

So, the following comes courtesy of Kaemrynn.

Related to the official outing of Jinx, he linked this wanted poster to me, and then considered how alike it was to this meme image.

Also, this means, within the given context:
    Jinx = Joker
    Vi = Batman
    Caitlyn = Gordon

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I saw that Jinx was fem! Joker but the other two are really unsatisfying expy if thats their intention. While it is true that batman does punch people, batman is also about the gadgets and detective work. Vi really just seems like a knucklehead bruiser with the one single cool gadget.

Of course by that same logic Jayce is superman, which makes Viktor Luthor.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Eh, I don't think you're on target here. Or if you are, RIOT is seriously ignorant about their DC.
    Vi is about the exact opposute of Batman, while keeping in the same side of the law.

Plus, there is only one Joker in League of Legends, and it is not Jinx.

Edit: Oh, and also, there is already a Batman in League of Legends. It is Vayne. Her origin is the same, and the name is intentionally reminicent. This coming from a RIOTer's mouth.

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

She's Harley Quinn you mouth-breathers wtf.

Fem!Joker my pale white ass.

And if you go by Nolan's films, then punch things is exactly everything Batman does.

WHERE IS SHE?!

Detective Batman is on the case.

EDIT: That poster, lol. 'Aggravated Jaywalking'. XD

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, I was being very loose in interpretation. That said, while I was thinking Harley Quinn as well, there isn't really a Piltover 'Joker' otherwise. Thus said loose interpretation. With Vi being the vigilante of sorts, albeit on the side of the law, and Caitlyn being the, well, Sheriff.

Either way, the similarities of the latter two links amused me more.

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Do we need a Joker when we have Shaco? 'Nuff said there really. She looks like Harley Quinn, that's about it - personally think people are stretching too far ala Breaking Bad theories on trying to link it all to a Batman-esque theme.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's Riot's goal, as we often have references and other things showing up but this one just, don't see it. More interested in her lore though, considering Vi denies she has a sister and nobody talks to her about it - plus wasn't Vi alluded to as being adopted?

Still will be a day 1 purchase for me thanks to my IP banking up and my adoration for Vi's design and character.

Not open for further replies.