1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Saw it mentioned somewhere that Jynx really likes the cut of Ziggs' jib.

(say that 5 times fast)

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't think Shaco is even close to a joker styled character (not that im saying there should be one, but he is definitely no joker expy) but Jinx is definitely not a Harley Quinn character. For one Harley isn't a criminal element by herself (Joker turned her and Ivy replaces Joker in some continuities) and not much of a leader. While Harley may be comparatively harmless when placed against the Joker, it doesnt sound sobmuch like mischief is being committed here but legitimate (violent) crimes. Hence Jinx is more fem Joker (inspiring violence and mischief) than Harley (who is more of a bubbly tag a long to the real ride) to me.

I don't think Piltover as a similar entity to Gotham is really valid. Just because we have 3 connecred characters from a town, one of which has a gun (Caitlyn/Gordan) and the other uses their body (Vi/batman) is really enough to draw a reasonable and legitimate comparison. Tropes inevitably resurface in unexpected places, but they don't seem to be intentional. So any this character is that epileptic tree fantasies as just that to me.

Besides if we are growing epileptic trees then Lucian is Batman and Thresh is the Joker. The backstory for Lucian boils down to "loved one got killed, need revenge" and he has strong acrobatic talents -trick shots, conditional responses for specific opponents, single minded determination and extreme responses- and Thresh basically is "I did it for the lulz. And soulsssss".

Also then we can have Jayce (Superman) and Viktor (Lex Luthor), Zyra (Ivy), Singed (Bane), Renekton (Croc), Fiddlesticks (Scarecrow), Zed (Ras Al'Ghoul), Katarina (whatever Ras' daughter is named), etc. Cant remember the whole rogue's gallery and the extended DC universe but there are a lot of shared tropes.

But who hell is Heimerdinger (Lucian Fox?) And Rumble? And where is my two-face character?

Both characters have the same weaknesses for this charactee is batman ideas. Vayne founded an order of anti-magic users for her city in the open, and Lucian existed as part of an order already founded. Both use weapons (not gadgets) as their main tool of destruction and have no compunction about killing.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. Oz

Yeah you're looking into it too much. Shaco looks like the Joker, Jynx looks like Harley, Vi and Cait have the Batman/Gordon dynamic. :|

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Definitely overkill on the LoL = DC Universe theory. If people want a DC fueled MOBA, there's one in beta right now. Shaco's an insane clown, the Joker is also, sort of - it's tiny connections that're meant to make us giggle at the reference at best.

Just look at Lucian, basically Blade if we swap his wife for his mother. And the whole fact he's human rather than a 50/50.

5. Oz

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Yeesh, what have I created in jest?

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm really starting to hate the current meta for midlane. It seems every game I play I'm up against one of the four popular assassins; Ahri, Fizz, Kass and Zed. And since all of those champs counter pretty much my entire champion pool it's becoming a bit of a problem.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Aaand Heyo~

Thoughts?

Passive: Can't really say anything without actual numbers, and it doesn't really say anything for or against stacking, although I presume it simply refreshes the duration. Still, movespeed is always nice, even if it's the sort of passive that will be inactive for much of the game and only active at critical times, revive passives are not too dissimilar, and even less available.

Q: seems an interesting skill, depending on the exact differences(that said, aoe+range+damage vs aspd is already quite significant).

W: Not terribly unusual, although probably pretty key to learn the right timing for it, since it's her primary safety/chase-mechanic on the fly.

E: Zoning + potential snare, still, I'm guessing it's fairly mana intensive, and likely her third-maxed skill, depending on how levels interact with cooldowns and scaling of slow/snare vs her W. It might turn out that leveling this over W to throw a snare-field behind an enemy(range depending) to prevent escapes when engaging is more useful. That or to counter engages, that is.

R: Ashe-ult of sorts for impact on first target plus aoe, but with increasing damage, and damage scaling upon percentage health.(and no stun, of course)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I love it, crazy champions are always an insta-purchase.

With that said, here's some info off of Reddit that is very liable to change because PBE is PBE;

"Since this seems to be as decent as any place to throw down some info about her.
    Her passive gives her 175% movespeed on turret/champ kill or assist. Nothing to not obvious here - Base range is 525 with minigun, 600 with rocket.

Her Q is awesome. MG is great for single target damage, the attack speed buff really goes high. Rockets are where the fun is, she can get up to 700 range at max rank and it does 110% damage in its AoE and that damage can crit(with no reductions at all). Mg for catching things out/taking turrets and Rockets for teamfights.

Her W is really nothing new. Its Lucians Q with a reveal bonus (someone mentioned a 1.4 AD scale, not sure if accurate)

Her E didnt seem anything super special either. Its got some AP scaling and does magic damage. This is mostly for its CC effect.

Her Ult is stupidly powerful, its has insane base damage and does % missing. I randomly fired it at a half HP enemy and it nearly killed them(like 10 damage short).

As far as items I see IE being necessary. Statik Shiv might be nice for that poke with Rockets but at the same time the crit from Pd might better. I would go with BT over Bork because of her insane scaling and the fact her rockets dont proc on hit affects."

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Her page on the Wiki.
    Quick version:
    Passive = "Whenever a champion or tower that Jinx has dealt damage to within the last 3 seconds is killed or destroyed, she gains 175% Movement Speed that decays over 4 seconds."
    (not sure if this is +75% or +175%, having not played her, but the latter does sound rather a bit too high, especially with potential resetting in a teamfight, so I presume/hope it's the former)

Q = "~ 20 mana per rocket
    ~+75/100/125/150/175 range (base is 525)
    110% damage + full damage as splash"
    OR
    "Basic attacks grant additional Attack Speed for 2.5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times for a total bonus. Stacks fall off one at a time and only benefit Jinx's first attack after switching to Rocket Launcher.
    ~50/70/90/110/130% attack speed at 3 stacks"

W = "Jinx fires a shock blast that deals Physical Damage to the first enemy hit, revealing and slowing it for 2 seconds.
    1450 range
    10/9/8/7/6 cooldown
    45/50/55/60/65 mana
    30/75/120/165/210 (+ 140% AD)
    30/40/50/60/70% slow"

E = "Jinx tosses out 3 chompers that, once armed, explode on contact with enemy champions, rooting the target for 1.5 seconds and dealing Magic Damage over 1.5 seconds to nearby enemies. Chompers last for 5 second.
    950 range
    20/19/18/17/16 cooldown
    50 mana
    120/175/230/285/340 (+ 100% AP)"

R = "Jinx fires a rocket that gains damage over the first second it travels. It explodes on the first enemy champion hit, dealing Physical Damage plus a percentage of the target's missing health. Nearby enemies take 80% damage.
    Global range
    90/75/60 cooldown
    100 mana
    150/200/250 (+ 50% AD) minimum damage
    300/400/500 (+ 50% AD) maximum damage
    25/30/35% of enemies' missing health as additional damage"

-----
    As is, it did confirm the probable Q>W>E skill path that I predicted. Again, unless the snare really is that reliable, I guess.

Also...
    Mafia Jinx skin
    Jinx voice (including a 32 second laugh starting at 1:38... my god)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Is anyone else having problems with Zac? I had his E bug out on me 3 times in ARAM today, people said it was just me fucking it up but I wasn't even doing anything other than holding down E.

I'd charge E up to max range and Zac would just randomly walk off in any direction so the E cancelled and I basically did nothing in 2 fights because I couldn't get in before my team exploded.

I didn't click my mouse, let go of E or anything like that, nor did the ability go back on CD - I'm not that stupid. He'd just randomly decide to cancel it and start walking towards where I last had my mouse as if I'd clicked when I don't do that to use his E =\.

Maybe I did do something wrong? I dunno, it's three games on Zac I've had that happen on recently, thankfully it's only ARAM so it's not exactly breaking anything but still, annoying bug.

12. Oz

You weren't getting feared were you? Also 99% sure it cancels if you charge it too much.

13. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Nope, no fears. It cancels after you charge it for 5 seconds or something but I wasn't doing that. I dunno, maybe I was just subconsciously clicking or something, I seemed pretty out of it that game watching the replay, really weird plays but against the only 2 ADC's in the game who can immediately get rid of me I guess I had to play weird.

Oh well, it fucked over 2 fights if it was a bug, if it isn't then I have no idea as I wasn't clicking my mouse at all, bleh. No worries. Back to watching Cadburry and waiting for a decent Jinx stream.

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Just watched a video, and saw her go from her base 325 and jump up to 677 after killing the enemy. So, I guess it is +175%, and then factoring in diminishing returns.

-----
    Also, saw this, thought it was interesting:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Awkward moment where no one you like is streaming so you might have to actually play some games yourself....

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Try trick2g.

17. Oz

I should stream. I'm sure you'd all get a kick out of my god awful plays, haha.

18. Oz

19. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    They let everybody make streams nowdays :p

20. Oz

Not open for further replies.