1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I don't remember the last time a hyped team flopped as hard.

Edit: Okay I'm exaggerating a bit, but losing to CW? Really?

Edit2: In fact, I'm not exaggerating the tiniest bit. WTF

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

C9 Getting curb-stomped by Fnatic springs to mind, game 3 at Worlds more than the others. Upsets happen, everyone on Alliance played terribly and Wickd's build had everything wrong with it so he might as well have not existed.

Edit; Yeah, same again vs Fnatic. Everyone played better but Froggen still had some really questionable ults on Gragas that cost them the Baron, Nyph didn't build tanky or have any disengage for Tabzz. Alliance has the potential, (lol CLG) but they need to sync over the next few days and week 2 or else they're going to have problems.

Also, looking back to Alliance vs CW, they played exactly like EG because it would seem Froggen is still the playcaller - and the exact same strat worked. Posture a fight, rotate and take a tower - They were always reacting rather than being proactive and they got wrecked by it repeatedly.

Edit 2; Patch notes are up, and soft reset 'starts in the next few days' so, that'll be fun! Though I can't recall the difference between the hard/soft reset, time to go look that up - Patch notes.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  3. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

After they nerfed Fizz, Nidalee, Rammus and Fiddle, I just wanted one more nerf. Goodbye Riven I won't miss you at all.

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

CW were shitting all over the EU Challenger scene for most of last year. Yeah, they're missing Rekkles and Shook now, but they're still a dangerous team and it looked like Alliance didn't respect them enough. Not a great first day for the EU super team, but they've only been together for two weeks. They've still got time.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like Alliance really do suck. GG.

Hard reset: You start from scratch and your previous season's stats don't mean shit. Your hidden MMR is reset to whatever a fresh 30 has (1200 Elo in the old system) and you play through ten placement matches again. Better pray that the enemy team has more S3 Bronze than yours does.

Soft reset: You still have to play your ten placement matches, but this time your old stats carry over... partially. Instead of MMR being completely reset, it's sort of 'compressed'. Very low rated players get an MMR boost, very high rated players get their MMR reduced and everyone ends up closer to the average (again, 1200 Elo in the old system). Diamond players still have a higher MMR than Bronze players, but the difference between them is much lower than at the end of a season.

Both resets are similar, but a soft reset helps to stop Bronze V players getting matched up with Diamond I players in the first few days.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  5. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Fnatic look really good. They're beating SK right now too.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Beating isn't even the word for what they did.

In other news I changed my summoner name.

[​IMG]

7. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Yeah, the game was only just breaking out when I made that post. They ended up rolling SK 20+ kills to 2 or something.

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Ranked has been disabled globally as Riot are rolling out the soft reset, season 4 begins! Best of luck with your placement matches guys.

9. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Do I play placements immediately and hope to get carried past Gold, or do I wait for a week to lower the chances of getting trolled down to Bronze? Talk about an impossible decision.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

My feelings exactly. I'll probably wait till early next week as no doubt it'll be rather busy with the weekend coming up and given how EUW gets on the average weekend anyway, just be easier.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

You were more than half of the early game ganks. In Top lane. Alone. :facepalm

12. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

The difference is probably not really there. In theory you could continuously get matched up with people way better than you and get stomped over and over again, but in reality, it should work both ways too. So I'd say just play whenever you want.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy shit. Anyone watch that? Complete C9 domination.

14. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Yeah, I'm more excited about CLG. The King HotshotNidaleeGG.

15. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

First CLG beats Summoners rift in PvE at 25min, then Dignitas convincingly crushes C9, what the hell is happening.

16. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

That CLG game was hilarious. Montecristo must be doing something right as their coach.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Sitting Doublelift down, tying him to a chair, slapping him across the face and telling him objectives > CS seems to finally be working. Even if he had to get the rest of CLG to do it for him.

EG with an amazing start and then just fizzled into nothing. Starting to see why he's called Throwbelter. Just a failure across the board from EG, no idea why.

An interesting super week though with only Alliance going without a win and hell, leaving things wide open going into week 2 on all sides.

19. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I had hoped Hotshot would pick Leblanc and pull a Faker. Dig wrecking C9 like that was amusing and a nice feel good moment for an underdog.

In other news, I got into the PBE to test the Team Builder :awesome

20. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Does EG have a coach? He should make them watch games where bot lanes get 3 kills early, or first blood, and snowball bot lane.
    Krepo and Yellowpete sat on their heels the entire game and the solo lanes carried.

Not open for further replies.