1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Azubu's the new Korean platform I believe, or it's intended to be so. I could be wrong, but I know CLG use it because they're sponsored by Azubu.

That said I hate navigating it outside when the LCS has a direct link to the stream - I can never tell when people are live as you click on a stream and it instantly starts playing a VoD if they're not live, and sometimes even if they are. This was a few months ago though so it might have changed.

TLDR; Not sure, probably not as Korean teams very rarely stream at all, just practise. Might get lucky with it being the off-season though.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure that any Koreans who do stream do it on Afreeca.com, it's the big korean streaming platform. The only people who use Azubu are the teams actually sponsored by Azubu, so CLG and TPA/TPS.

3. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

I'm fairly certain they do not.

The coaches/managers are very strict about leaking strategies or even games played. I'm pretty sure they quit a game before it's actually over so the game doesn't show up in match histories.

4. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Koreans don't seem to have time to stream. They're too busy trying to get better.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well that was a massively disappointing evening. Alliance lost to SK and CW lost to SHC. What the actual fuck.

6. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Alliance suck balls, to put it simply. They have the talent, or rather, by name alone they have talent. Currently, they're all playing fucking awfully and it's Solo Q the team. Wickd can't win lane and is determined to become Phreak's progidy with Triforce. Froggen refuses to leave lane so the rest of his team gets dumpstered. Shook has no impact at all, if his champions are getting banned out then he needs to expand his pool beyond Vi and Elise because he hasn't had a good game yet. Nyph & Tabzz, I dunno. They can't win lane, or position well in fights, nor do they seem to have any synergy. Shoulda kept Kazmitch to at least see if he could play outside of BOTA rather than throw money at Nyph just because he was a free agent. Lets just not even mention the rotation that cost them a free dragon in the mid-game.

SHC played out of their minds, especially Migxza, as did SK tonight - was not expecting Roccat to lose after their opening 2 weeks. That said, I hope they don't turn into another MYM who won early and then got figured out pretty quickly - though with their adaptive use of Pantheon and unique picks I'm rather hopig they finish top 4 this split and stick around for summer.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Apparently Gambit beat Fnatic. About time someone did.

8. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Fnatic had a snowball comp that failed to snowball. I think a large part of it was Rekkles not getting Jinx, he looked kinda vulnerable on Lucian. Meanwhile Peke and Soaz didn't play as well as they normally do.

The final nail in the coffin was when everyone on Gambit bar Edward had Banshee's & GA so FIzz/Gragas couldn't do anything. I personally learned that Mundo still regens health through the GA animation and that Diamond's Blade rush on Eve is interesting.

9. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Patch 4.2 Notes

RIP Kayle. The no mana ulti is appreciated, but really? Riot gutted her Q with a 1.0 ratio => .6 ratio. AND "compensated" for it with movement speed. Poor Janna's already been down this road and it leads to never being picked.
    Maybe they'll rework her again since now she can't even do AP well anymore.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Eh, nothing too game changing after reading through bar the nerf to the defensive tree, it's a start though it's not going to change much till the other nerfs from the PBE go live such as doran's shield.

Kayle's ratios got hit but I still think she'll be stupidly strong considering the current meta, ADC's are still going to be just as squishy and liable to blowing up, same with APC's. Unless you're Gragas, who remains untouched somehow.

Skarner got gutted, maybe there's hope but moving the slow to his E is just so retarded even though it adds some element of skill besides getting to someone and then having them perma-slowed; It's almost like Riot forgot the last dozen or so champions they've released have stupid mobility, bar Jinx. I dunno, I'll keep an eye on a couple of Skarner mains and see what they think but pretty certain much like Rammus, that'll be the nail in Skarner's coffin.

Happy to see Mundo's cleavers slimmed down, still no FPS fix for the random dropping that people have had since before season 4 began and time to start speculating what stealth nerfs got thrown in this time around.

11. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Skarner is fucking awful now. He was pretty good after the Spirit Stone buffs, but now he's basically unplayable. He clears faster, but his sustain was destroyed, his CC is pathetic and his mana problems are even worse because now you have to spam E to have any hope of doing anything. So sad right now.

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Anyone else have problems with the servers earlier today?

14. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Let's go CLG!

After today's CLG vs C9 game, I think Monte's coaching has definitely shown results. Map control and great rotations leading to well executed teamfights.

Still a bit early in the season, but I think CLG has a shot at top 3.

15. Oz

My buddies and I figured out how to beat the meta, all you need to do is play the bronziest champs.

[​IMG]

16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't get it? All the champions you played are all pretty strong.

17. redshell

redshell Order Member

And they're also incredibly easy to play, which I think is what Oz was driving at.

Yi is the most difficult to play champion on Oz's team, and only because the way his Q jumps has a learning curve. Once you figure out how to poke with it, you're basically golden.

18. Oz

Basically we just played fun champs we haven't played in ages and didn't bother looking at team comp. Started winning a lot more when we were playing for fun and not to win.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

People play to win? o_o;. I play to have fun.

20. Oz

When we do 5 man premades everyone decides to put on their try hard pants and get mad over every tiny mistake. It's really infuriating, but I was knackered when we were playing and said I wasn't gonna play seriously in any way so everyone just fucked around. Hopefully we do so more often.

Not open for further replies.