1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

They nerfed twitch by quite a bit though. Vayne is the one you should really be worrying about with it.

2. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Just played against Bjerg in midlane :S That game took way to much effort

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

4. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Nah, our team won :p We had a Rengar that just jumped on Bjergsen every fight.

5. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

They nerfed Twitch's poison, but he still has a very good AS and AD boost in his stealth and ultimate.

This just means he'll be less obnoxious in laning and small fights. He'll still be very good with a wombo composition and in full teamfights.

6. Oz

How does a Lulu lose lane so hard to Lux, that Lux has a fully stacked Mejai's 12 minutes in, without even being ganked? I'm actually baffled at how that can happen.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Lux vs lulu isn't really a bad matchup for Lux. Lulu can't really do much to Lux and lux's E outranges glitterlance. I would guess that there was a gank for first blood, then Lux got 6 first and killed her every time her ult was off cooldown.

8. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I'm sorry, that has to be exaggeration. If a Lux actually got to 20 stacks on a mejai's in 12 minutes then my name is Abraham Lincoln.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I daresay it was an exaggeration, not sure about everyone else but I tend to exaggerate when I'm annoyed. Given the situation, it makes sense. If it wasn't, then, well... LUX got a Penta, or there was a lot of scrapping.

Still I don't play mid, but going off what I know about both champions I'd imagine Lulu couldn't dodge for shit and either never shielded herself or kept trying to use it for harass which Lux just laughed off. After that I feel like Lux wins post-6 till Lulu dodges something or gets a gank.

Eh, sometimes it happens. I had a Pantheon flat-out lose lane to Akali today. Pantheon, who hard counters Akali with 0 jungle intervention on either side. Died twice pre-6, I didn't bother asking how as I was giddy to have my hands on Braum.

10. Oz

Well I checked the replay and I did exaggerate. She had them at 15:31, my bad.

(and apparently the answer was our jungle and top kept going mid then running at Lux in a straight line because, hey, it's not like she can get BOTH of them with her binding, right?)

The Lulu is marginally less awful than I thought.

11. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Yeah the part I was thinking about was getting the stacks alone in lane without ganks - she would have had to kill lulu a stupid amount of times. Still, 15 minutes is fucking crazy as all get out. I've never seen anything even close to that fast in my few thousand games.

12. Oz

You're not bronze like me. XD

I was so happy with how hard I won lane too.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Not sure about 15 minutes, but I've certainly had max stacks Occult and/or Mejai's before the 20 minute surrender point a few times. Well... as Akali. Haven't built either in quite a while though. Every item in my build serves a purpose =/.
    Gunblade, Zhonya's, Sheen item(Been trying Trinity since the Lich Bane change, to decent effect), Void Staff, Spirit Visage and Merc Treads.
    Enough damage to kill a squishy handily with her kit, Void to counter above average defenses, Merc Treads for Tenacity, Zhonya's for balls-in utility, and overall around 140 Armor/Res before the 50/50 of W shroud.

14. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Aww yea Dunk Master Darius!!'
    Legenedary skin but it is totally worth!!

Carry me higher Darius! Higher!! :awesome

15. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Played a normal for the first time in a while and boy was it silly. Vel'Koz support because someone wanted to first time AP Kog, and we ended up destroying everything because void buddies.

16. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

If the meta keeps moving away from assassins AP Kogmaw could be really strong again. I was playing it in ARAM and it was a ton of fun.

17. Plagueis

Plagueis Squib

Well next patch Jungle timers are finally live and I wanted to know whats your opinion about them.

I think it's a terrible idea, I really liked the fact that you could punish dumb people who don't time their own buffs but now with these timers, less "efficient" junglers won't get punished for being lazy.

Riot is making the game noob friendly and that's fine, you could give the timers for coop maybe even normals but for ranked I think they take away a big part of the mind games and that's a big no for me.

18. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I think you're being a dick and that the timers are a good idea, plus stupid people won't check the timers anyways so whatever.

19. Oz

So long as they don't add timers for summoners I don't really care. It wasn't exactly difficult to track timers.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Imagine having to triple click to cast a spell - it would be needlessly annoying, wouldn't take any extra skill and you could just download a keyboard macro to do it all for you. That's essentially what keeping track of jungle timers was. There was absolutely nothing fun or skilled about doing some basic addition and typing the result in chat. It was just tedious and annoying. To quote Blakinola's magnificent TL;DR Patch Notes:
    In game jungle timers aren't going to suddenly turn a bad player into a superstar, they're just giving everyone access to the same information that they already had. Keeping timers was something that every half decent jungler already did. What a player does once they have that information... that's what differentiates a skilled jungler from the rest.

Not open for further replies.