1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I'm surprised no one has commented on the new video yet.

In that line...:
    Thing 1
    (and the actual imgur link, because some of the comments were amusing)

and

Thing 2

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Meh. Didn't even approach Twist of Fate quality.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Really? I thought the quality was about the same. Maybe it's just looks a bit worse because it's done in full daylight this time, rather than half hidden in the dark.

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, it was created by a different studio, and is further along the realistic<->cartoony scale towards cartoony, than Twist of Fate was.

A different kind of quality, but still fairly high quality overall. Although Ahri and Zyra in particular looked off. Ahri being a bit more 'wild and youthful/childish' rather than 'elegant seductress', and Zyra just... being off.

Generally, they did a nice job emoting with facial expressions for various characters, though.

5. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Graves had the best faces.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Twist of Fate was cool, but it felt like a series of individual duels. Twisted Fate vs Fiddlesticks, Nocturne vs Ryze, Katarina vs Garen... just jump cuts between them. And then at the end for some reason Demonblade Tryndamere, Annie and Garen are all on the same side against Baron Nashor.

A New Dawn is a much better story. Ten characters, two teams of five, nobody switches sides. Each scene leads right into the next one, there's no 'meanwhile in a completely different location at another time entirely' here. Sure, Ahri and Zyra maybe felt a little odd, but Leona and Rengar were great and Graves was absolutely fucking perfect.

It's true, the art style is closer to the game... but less realistic? I'm not sure I agree with that. In the entirety of A Twist of Fate, only Tryndamere even bleeds. Garen takes three daggers to the chest and nothing.

40 seconds in to A New Dawn we see Leona get fucked up. Draven gets mauled to death. Graves takes an anchor to the gut and suicides to take down Nautilus. Jax and Katarina both die off screen. Zyra and Darius both die on screen, though without blood because... magic, I guess.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I could be remembering wrong in regards to A Twist of Fate, but when I meant realistic I meant body type. A New Dawn seemed to be a bit(not hugely) more in the way of exaggeration, but I never said it was bad within context. Ahri and Zyra are still off, but as said, that's a different matter.

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'd argue that Zyra and Ahri aren't human, just humanoid.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Anyone else been having trouble playing ARAM's on EUW the past couple of nights?

My net connection's been perfectly fine and yet I've dropped out of maybe 4 games in the past week, the 2 most recent ones giving me the same firewall & update errors that were generally associated with you being DDoS'd back when that was a thing.

Now it's highly unlikely I'm being DDoS'd given the fact my net doesn't cave in on itself and everything else works just fine - only LoL seems to DC and then effectively kick me off until the game ends, which to me is suspicious but I can't prove anything as it's not even a Bug Splat, just a random ping spike into DC into enjoy waiting 15+ minutes.

Thankfully it's only ARAM's but this is getting pretty freaking absurd if someone's somehow causing people to crash out and be unable to reconnect again. Maybe I'm just too paranoid after the crap thats happened in this game.

Edit; The match isn't in my game history either - better yet, means someone drophacked the whole thing. People take ARAM far too seriously.

11. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Euwest, moer liek Eubest.

Isn't it infamous for crashing?

12. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not lately, Lee.

I've had a bunch of ARAMs drophacked, bsb. Dumb as hell but what can you do?

13. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  15. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Goddamit CLG, goddamit.

[​IMG]

16. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

All that time getting their ass kicked by Korean teams prepared them really well for this series.

17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Have no team cohesion, go out to Korea to better team cohesion and play against a different meta. Trashtalk NA scene and disregard the LCS experience as vital, come back and get 3-0'd.

Such a heart-warming moment, though I feel sorry for Aphro. Dude seems like the only sincere person on CLG outside of Seraph who was over-hyped by the community to no end, not his fault.
    If Curse keep up that level of play, their series against Cloud 9 is going to be very interesting when compared to TSM vs LMQ.

Ah well, maybe Double will get lucky and be invited to the Analysts desk again.

18. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I actually like all of CLG bar dexter as individuals but I can't stand them as a team.

They just don't make sense as a team, like all 5 of them are at their best when they can carry. Seraph is best on stuff like nidalee, yasuo but all he ever plays in LCS is tanks and Lulu.

Link first became known for things like Ahri, look at his soloQ and he has been spamming stuff like Zed but he only ever plays the most meta stuff even at times like game 2 where zed would have been perfect, can stop Nid splitpush and Crs had a no mobility ADC.

Dexter is just anonymous on anything other than Elise and Lee. Tbh I think he's always been overrated but w/e.

I think than for the second half of this season doublelift has been the worst ADC in the LCS. He's been living on reputation for the last year or so and I think it's finally caught up to him. I never thought that I'd be saying fucking Cop of all people is better than doublelift.

Aphro is their best player by a mile. But I think he's to scared to leave lane and make plays early game when that is how CLG win when they're playing well.

Normally I would say that a roster change would help them a bit but I would like to see what CLG do when they keep a team for more than 3 months at a time. Maybe they could get another coach, not necessarily to replace Monte but as well as him, who can actually work with them full time.

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

At least we get Doublelift on the analyst desk at Worlds again, right?

20. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

TSM v LMQ was a great series to watch. Spoilers below.

TSM really stepped up in game 5 to earn they're spot at worlds. Dyrus's Mundo was pretty terrifying, and Bjergsen really showed his worth throughout the entire series.

TSM's bot lane did seem weaker overall that that of LMQ, but Lustboy had some pretty good plays.

I couldn't help but notice Tristana went 5-0 in this series. Still OP?

Not open for further replies.