1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Curse on tilt, forever 4th place.

2. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I understand needing to try something drastic when you're down, but curse just got aced twice in the span of three minutes

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

QFT

So happy
    that LMQ is going to worlds. They've had such an awesome attitude since they arrived in America to play Challenger that I can't help but root for them. Nice guys who came and tried their hardest without being arrogant or jerks about it.

Also I firmly believe in the Curse curse. Forever Fourth.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Curse going full CLG-tilt mode and deciding to throw pick/ban out the window for the last 3 games. Disappointing really.

Time to avoid the internet from 8pm tomorrow as I'll be working till 11pm and by then TSM vs C( may already be decided. Go C9!

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    C9 will wonned. Turtle/Lustboy don't seem to be syncing that well yet, when compared to Sneaky/Lemon who are ridiculously consistent.

Bjerg/Hai matchup should be close, probably a matchup decided by jungle ganks.

Dyrone vs Balls should be lulz. I expect great things.

Idc about jungle matchups :|

6. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Balls is good, but Dyrus has been better lately. Hai will win if he picks champs hes good at vs what champs are good in the meta, otherwise Bjerg will win.

Bot lane is a toss up- Sneaky wasn't that great all season, and Lemon hasn't been making as many plays as he used to, but they've had more then enough time to practice and plan and Lemon is one of the best strategic players in NA. Bot lane will come down to which support can make the bigger plays, and I think Lemon can do it.

If C9 can survive the earlier ganks that Amazing will do over Meteos, then they stand a good chance. But if Amazing can get an early gank on Hai/Sneaky, then TSM should steamroll the early advantage. As long as no one wastes time ganking top (both tops excel at item-light champs anyway), itll come down to which junglers early ganks are more effective, i think.

7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Mm. Overall I think the lanes are well matched, although Wildturtle/Lustboy tilted against Lmq's bot, hence I'd honestly say Sneaky/Lemon probably have an advantage.

8. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I agree with TSM having a weaker bot lane right now.

I honestly think Meteos is a better jungler overall than Amazing, although it's close if Amazing gets one of his top picks.

Dyrus looked really good against LMQ, but Balls has always been a consistent top laner.

For mid lane, I would give a significant advantage to Bjergsen. He looked really good against LMQ, and Hai has seemed to be the least reliable C9 member throughout this split. (The guy did have a lung collapse on him, to be fair)

I'm a TSM fan in general, but I'm rooting for them extra hard in this match simply because it's pretty ridiculous that C9 has never lost a single playoff game.

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I checked the post season stats from the LCS fantasy leagues, and I was pretty surprised at how close the two teams are in each position.

Dyrus and Balls were almost exactly equal for points per game and total points.

Amazing was actually significantly higher then meteos, averaging 2 more ppg and about 60 total points then Meteos.

Bjergson was about 1 ppg and 24 total points ahead of Hai, which really surprised me because it felt like the bjergerking was slumping this whole split.

Wild Turtle and Sneaky were pretty identical too.

Lustboy/Lemon can't really be compared yet in this manner due to Lustboy joining late, but Lemon was the 7th overall total points and 10th for ppg among supports, which is pretty average. In both week 10 and 11 Lemon did better then lustboy (which doesnt say much due to how new to the team lustboy was), but Lemon did rather badly overall in week 11 statwise anyway.

Checking the overall team statistics for TSM might not be as accurate (due to lack of Lustboy for 9 weeks), but C9 was tied for first for dragon kills over the split, 3rd for Towers destroyed, and middle of the pack for baron.

I really think it will come down to pick/ban phase stopping particular players (Amazing/Bjerg/Hai come to mind). C9 tends to do good in pick/ban, but TSM doesn't hold out on shitty strats once its clear it doesnt work a la curse.

My mind says C9 wins, but my heart just keeps shoutin Baylife.

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Stats really don't matter a single iota when it comes to C9 tbh. They consistently win 5v5 team fights they have no business winning with huge gold deficits. I'm about 90% sure of a C9 win.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm feeling the TSM hype for this game. If Dyrus mans up like he did in the last game vs LMQ I think they take it.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TSM TSM TSM!

What a series. What a game five. Holy fuck. I thought C9 had it that last fight then Turtle from downtown. Wow.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    God fucking damn it.

14. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

God damn it, my heart.

Fantastic series. Game 5 specifically was one of the best I've seen in a long while.

I really think North America has the potential to put on a good showing this year. The entire league just seems so much better.

15. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    T

S

M

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

the baylife is real!

Happy C9 lost, becuase dyrone has been playing like a monster and deserves to be a winner.

17. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

If Tristana isn't banned in 70% of games at Worlds then it's going to be pretty easy to predict the winners of each game, she has something like an 80% win-rate at playoffs.

Still, it makes a change from Lucian or Draven just dumpstering everyone and being played every game. Though I miss Draven.

Caught game 5 and decided to watch when I glanced at the scoreboard and saw it 2-2. RNGesus was watching over Turtle that game. 45% Crit chance and he gets 3 in a row, Sneaky got wrecked.

Should make for an interesting Worlds this year given how NA seems to have improved, though I guess we'll see come the group stages.

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

19. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My friend has some skin codes that have been used on NA, but should be available in EU if anybody wants them. Link. Riot Ward, Dragonslayer Pantheon, Dragonslayer Pantheon, Riot Ward is the order in the picture.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Pretty sure Korea is going to be just fine letting her go through, especially if it means they can pick Twitch or Kog'Maw. Tristana was only picked twice in the Korean regionals over 13 games. That's the same pick rate as Graves - and the same 0% win rate.

It'll be interesting to see if the Chinese teams play her in their finals over the weekend. I know one of China's four teams does currently play Tristana, but what about the ones who were good enough to play in the LPL?

Not open for further replies.