1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Went to the EU LCS yesterday and I got on stream while high fiving p1noy :)
    Really wanted to meet prolly but H2K lost so didn't get too.

Going again today, my main goal is to try and get Sjokz number haha

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The patches hitting LCS in 2 weeks not 4 combined with the patches shifting the meta so much each time is probably why. Jungle meta has shifted two or three times alone.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So... N.U.R.F mode...

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Is it like ... the opposite of URF?

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Looks it :/

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

One and a half hour games return? Um thanks Riot? I think. Although I'm sure some people have already found someone who is op on it somehow.

7. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

It's an april fools mode that is going to be removed 2nd of april and we are given URF for like 2 weeks, calling it now.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I hope so.

9. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

Team Liquid and Gravity pulling through and making it to play-offs warms my frigid heart. CLG bombing it against C9 and TIP is just icing on the cake, considering a shaky Team Liquid has managed to 2-0 CLG this season, and the team finally seems to be gelling.

As long as the general direction of competitive stays in the style of this patch, (off the wall pocket picks, prolonged teamfights, hella tanky picks and builds) I can see Liquid Clinching their series against CLG.

Fingers crossed that across the ocean, Gambit does well too.

10. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

URF is back, bitches!

Absolutely crushing people with AD Malz. I am amazed that he was not nerfed.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    just tried it. constantly spamming spells to spawn minions got tedious REALLY fast...

Though I'll admit people not knowing why they get trucked is fucking hilarious. Esp the Leona who tried to perma stun me.

12. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Goddamn it man. I want to root for CLG, I really do. Every time I see them in a new split, I genuinely want this team to do well. But every single time, when those last weeks that really matter comes in, they choke and just fall apart. This so-called "Golden Age" for them has been nothing but disappointment for an entire month.

13. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Yeah, last split they were like 13-6 then went 0-8 in their last games to almost get relegated.

This year they choke vs TIP to lose their seeding, lose to C9, then go 0-3 to Team Liquid.

Goddamit CLG, goddamit.

It's super sad because I've been watching Hotshot and CLG since he started streaming a lot and basically made League streaming into what it is. I also like Doublelift and Aphro and think they deserve to win something.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Xpecial closed the gates. Truly he is fabbbyyy's son.

15. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

CLG won't change despite Hotshot's best efforts. He said at the end of last season there wouldn't be any changes - he 'knew the problems & how to solve them.' Immediately after they bomb out 0-3 to Liquid? He's going on about changes will be made.

I really don't see how CLG can change yet again & do well. George at this point to me is just deluded. The entire team played awfully across all 3 games & it just seems like CLG simply don't do well when the pressure is on.

Once again I feel like Link needs to go. If he was the best out of the trials they had then I'm well & truly lost as to how. He was never up in CS, seems to constantly get solo'd or pushed out of lane & offers little; this combined with his picks (Scarra's fault admittedly, he seems... not great as a coach. Mental coach? Sure, love the guy but P/B drafting... not so much) & it's like Link didn't exist that series.

Doublelift needs to go, great as he was/is - the guy can't watch the minimap to save his life, his positioning gets CLG smashed in more fights than I can count - and need I mention his Vayne into Sneaky's Draven last week? A champion he admitted is garbage in the current meta? To me, the game is long past this whole fed ADC wins the game idea; outside of Juggermaw. And CLG can't team-fight to save their life so we know for a fact that team comp won't work with them.

Xmithie I haven't really paid attention to but his confidence went out the window after he missed that Sej ult in game 2. The less said about that the better.

Zion... Difficult to say. He can shine, all of CLG can individually, but he just seems to not gel well with CLG. If they put him on a carry top he somehow gets caught without his team or vice versa & if they put him on a tank he's hit or miss.

Aphro to me is the best current member of CLG - but he played far too safe this series. What they picked for him doesn't match his style of making plays and yes, he underperformed in that series. It's like he has to drag CLG through games kicking & screaming & with this BO5 he just said fuck it & let them do what they want.

CLG can make all the roster changes they want - Alliance/Elements/whatever they become are proof that a supposed A* roster can get fucked over because they don't gel or perform at all. If I were George; stop focusing on change, keep your damn roster & for gods sake ban them from social media, encourage them to play out their scrims regardless of what happens in the opening 10 minutes. Practise teamfighting, get SOMEONE to make the calls rather than everybody shouting over each other. Just stop changing the roster. It doesn't work like that.

Unless you're Fnatic in which case who knows what the hell could happen. I don't want to hate CLG, but sometimes it's hard not to. At least they haven't gone full Winterfox quite yet.

16. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Honestly, I think they have a decent team. I think their choking is more related to pressure and mental problems than skill.

Also, if Scarra was responsible for their picks, that's just ridiculous. Aphro deserved morganna or blitzcrank in at least one of those games; if not all three.

I believe it's CLG's opponents who would quit before 10 minutes, not CLG themselves.

Their teamfights aren't terrible when they're all on the same page. It seems to me that they just lack agreement in whether or not some people should engage or not. And then some teamfight losses are just mechanical error.

17. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

You can't fully lay the blame on Scarra, because he shares the responsibility of P/B with Link. Second of all, when you're given a jungle, that can't play any of the big meta junglers and has to fall back on comfort picks from an old patch you're going to be in for a rough time.

18. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Whelp, I have officially played over 100 matches of URF. I think I can stop now.

For those who haven't tried it yet, play Azir. So much fun.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I enjoy Eve. Dat bürst.

20. foreveryone

foreveryone Third Year

Fuck this gay earth, Team Liquid looked so promising the first 2 games, but their coach's pick and ban is so questionable sometimes, fecking hell. C9 leaves lulu open three times, probably because had something prepared for it, and TL pick Lulu three times, and each time without a secondary damage source, putting all of the weight on Piglet's shoulders. Game 5 was also so fucked up, why would you ever start your jungle where your weak lane is in a swap? Please, just start in the half of the map where your duo laners are ;_;

Screw C9 and forget 4th place, I hope Liquid fucks up team impulse and actually completes a clean sweep.

Not open for further replies.