1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

New thread time. Old one is here.

Let's start this off by saying Nasus is top tier and Oz is a fucking donkey.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Nah you're right Sree, Nasus is probably one of the best champs for bronzies because he's so hard to fuck up. 8)

3. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Top lane Nocturne rushing Tiamat with AS runes.

You're welcome.

4. Oz

5. Lamora

High Score:
    What's not to love about Noc in lane? Built in sustain in passive, spell shield for dueling which also passively increases AS, his trail increases AD and MS while on it AND removes unit collision, so when you hit your lane enemy you can charge right through wave. The fear is great because you can throw it on them while you're pursuing or trying to escape a fight. Finally, his ult makes a great roaming tool and is absolute murder in teleport ganks.

Also, with the AD steroid on his trail, Noc tears through towers like fucking Ritz crackers.

Problems? Mana. Pretty well solved by an early teleport. Also, Noc can't not push his lane with his passive. Both of those, however, are easily manageable by being alpha and not a nancy boy.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I've had Nocturne mid as a pocket pick for the last few years. Starting flask solves the mana issues and you're much better placed to roam with your ult. You also really don't need the tiamat, you clear waves almost instantly with Q + Passive anyway. Brutaliser -> Bork works better imo.

7. Lamora

High Score:
    I build Tiamat into hydra or boots because Noc really doesn't need more AS than you can get with his kit and runes. Plus, hydra is just the superior lifesteal and damage item in comparison to BORK. I've never not had the most farm in game with hydra on Noc.

For ArPen, brutalizer is still a great value, but it only builds into ghost blade now. I'd rather wait for a Black Cleaver, which makes Noc literally inescapable even without ult and gives a good chunk of tank to go with it, and better CDR.

By the time I have those 3 items, I've usually won game by then, so the rest is situational. Hexdrinker is one of the most gold efficient items in the game, so pick up that. Ironically, Maw is one of the least, so complete it last. Randuins for armor is they're auto attack focused, sunfire if they're not. Honestly, if game has gotten this late, you already know what you need.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I guess I really don't prioritise farming on him. He's not someone who's going to get 6 items and win the game by having more farm. I like the ghostblade and bork because they help with the early/midgame ult ganks which is what I pick nocturne for.

9. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Ekko is hilarious to play with. But I'm pretty damn sure he's gonna get nerfed to the ground :/

10. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I don't know how I feel about him balance wise yet. His damage is massively dependent on items (as in literally does less damage than every assassin in the game if he does not buy both Luden's and Lich Bane.) At times it honestly felt like I could have been pulling all the same tricks with LeBlanc with less items and more range.

On the other hand, his trading patterns are both really powerful and consistent at low levels. Plus if you rush Luden's his wave clear is very powerful and mana efficient, allowing for plenty of roams. Then there's the massive amount of movespeed he gets from core items.

11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Started playing team builder again to regain some confidence & generally do something other than play ARAM. It hasn't gone great.

Won bot lane hard in game 1 as supp Naut but unfortunately my solo lanes sucked ass & the enemy Ekko went off repeatedly - nobody buys wards! Shocker. Can't do much when you have Vlad/Ryze as your solo's & they want to 'scale' but keep getting caught out.

Game 2 was close, stupid close. If our Ekko hadn't engaged at Baron, got himself killed & then afk'd for the final 8 minutes we could've probably won as our Draven was stupidly massive and I as Morgana had everything possible to help him out. Even landed a 4 man ult-stun in the final fight but it doesn't matter when you're 4 vs 5. Sigh.

Game 3 I went Renekton top as I'd had enough of my solo lanes losing the game for uss. Against Nasus, christ why. Eventually got FB on him around 7 minutes after forcing him back twice. Lee came top to help & somehow I killed both in the next 2 vs 1; new Renekton Q with Hydra is nutty. Unfortunately my Jinx was getting rolled by Ashe & our jungler dc'd shortly after so, another frustrating game.

Also, has anyone encountered a kind of minimap bug lately? Where if you ping/ward your cursor turns into a blue/green target & you can't left click the minimap, champions, hell, anything afterwards? I had this repeatedly in game 3 & couldn't figure out what it was as it kept solving itself, but it made me taking TP effectively worthless as I couldn't see or join fights.

Still, I feel better as I played well in games 2 & 3, without some shitty luck in terms of DC's/AFK's and people just spending 75g on a ward I might've won a couple. Doesn't help my ambition to play ranked though given how I've had mismatched teams (Plat vs silver average for 1 & 2, game 3 was pretty even), 1 afk, 1 DC & a new bug that I can't quite pin down the cause or solution of. Sucks.

TLDR; Teambuilder's still fun despite losing, confidence restored but desire for ranked still crushed - new bugs are both frustrating & crippling.

12. Phantom of the Library

So Twisted Treeline got updated yesterday and I am loving it. Figured I'd take advantage of the added safety of the new turret and play some unsafe, hyper scaling AP carries. Naturally I picked Azir.

I'm now 9 wins 1 loss.

Seriously. Not having to worry about roams from the top lane from minute one is such a game changer, which allows me to reliably farm for key items before everything turns into a three man roaming gank fest. Combined with Azir's passive, it makes taking the first turret often snowball into a second turret because you set one of your own up right in front of theirs and siege.

For build, I'm using something that's only really viable in 3s. I run flat CDR Glyphs/Quints for a +20% CDR at level one. I make up for the lost AP by taking 2 Dorans Rings at spawn, which also provide great early game sustain due to the increased mana regen on TT.

I can't describe how much easier this makes csing. The attack speed is just amazing. Plus it means I hit CDR cap once I complete Morrello's, rather than level 18/after building Stinger.

Everything else is standard AP items. Still trying out Luden's to see if it's worth it post nerfs. Still seems like a massive damage spike, but I dunno.

Looks like I'm finally gonna have to start a ranked 3s team.

13. Phantom of the Library

So how 'bout those crazy potential AP item changes?

There's quite a bit to the changes, but the two I'm focusing on are Rylai's Crystal Sceptre and Rod of Ages:

Rylai's Crystal Scepter
    Recipe Change: NLR + Amplifying Tome + Giant's Belt
    Total Cost: 2900 G --> 3000 G
    Passive Single Target: 35% Slow for 1.5 seconds --> 40% Single Target Slow for 1.5 seconds
    Passive AoE: 15% Slow for 1.5 seconds --> 40% Slow for 1 second
    Passive DoT: 15% slow for 1.5 seconds --> 20% Slow for 1 second

Rod of Ages (Summoner's Rift)
    Total Cost: 2800 G --> 2700 G
    Health: 450 Base Health --> 300 Base Health
    Mana: 450 Base Mana --> 400 Base Mana
    Passive: 20 Mana Growth / 200 Maximum Mana --> 40 Mana Growth / 400 Maximum Mana
    Passive: 2 Ability Power / 20 Maximum Ability Power --> 4 Ability Power / 40 Maximum Ability Power

I'm probably going to be buying both of these on Azir every game now. 40% perma slow and 900 health too juicy.

Other highlights are Archangel Staff being 140 AP at 2000 total mana and Liandry's now has 80 AP.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I like the RoA changes quite a bit.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A lot of awesome changes. Rylai's looks super fun on Cas.

16. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

[IMGUR]STmZ9Eh[/IMGUR]

S-

wat

17. Torric

Torric Third Year

Trundle, you god.

18. Oz

You died nine times. Less death and it'd be S+, ezpz. Way to carry though.

19. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

He didn't have a trinket for the first 40 minutes. Easy S+ if he had one from the start.

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The ranks [S, etc] are based on your performance relative to everyone else in the region. You are not among the top performers on Caitlyn.