1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I disagree here. Heimerdinger is very strong. Amazing utility, long range poke and very damn good at kiting.

2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

His spells are all strong on paper, the problem is reliability. You can't aim his damage. His grenade is very, very easy to dodge and the AoE for landing the stun is tiny. His rockets suck if you're fighting near minions. AI on the turrets has been improved, but they still derp out fairly regularly (and die far too quickly late game).

Luckily he's getting a remake.

3. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

That and he lost the ability to have five turrets...good times

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Throw five turrets down and go gank all day long :D

5. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Too squishy for me. I can reliably clear waves with grenade (oh did you mean hit a champion? That'll be the day...) and hitting with the rockets isn't that hard. Rockets basically reads "once per wave, poke your opponent and get 2 CS for one keystroke". My main problem is that he is slow, and squishy. And that turret ai.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Rengar, the Pridestalker

[​IMG]

Warwick 2.0?

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From everything I've read Rengar sounds....interesting. Definitely not my favorite type of champion to play but I will be giving him a shot first chance I get.

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

He's Eve 2.0, more like.

50% Atk Spd steroid? Check.

100% ATk Spd steroid that stacks on top of others? Check.

70 AR/MRes steroid? Check.

15% HP Heal? Check

No resources? Check

600/750 range spammable gap closer? Check.

Targetted Slow/Snare? Check.

Stealth? Check

CD Refresher? Check.

Basically, if he even gets the slightest lead, everyone dies.

Rengar can, potentially, gap close from over 1500 range at lvl 6+ if he starts out in a bush. He can steroid himself to 200% Atk Spd using an on-hit skill, if he double enhances Q. He has a 70 AR/Mres defensive steroid that can also heal him. He can target a slow or enhance it into a snare. His ulti stealth reveals in a huge radius, makes him faster, and triggers his gap close on a short 40s CD without CDR.

He is TOO good for what he does.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  9. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I'll probably buy Rengar with RP.

10. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I like that if you swap his name around it's Gar-ren and he looks like he's a real terror of the brush.

11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Sounds like when he's released then that normal games will be fun as everyone tries him out and fails miserably or feeds him to the point of insanity early on. Still not sure how I feel about the new item they're bringing out with him only losing 1 stack on death as opposed to 2 or 3 but I guess that's a wait and see issue.

Overall this is just gonna make me ward and zone bushes harder than I already do, can't speak for everyone else though.

12. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Not sure if serious....

If you ward the bush, and see he is there, what do you expect to do? If you get close to harass, he is going to leap on you. If you just see him in there and avoid the bush (assuming he doesn't get played jungle/mid) he is successfully zoning you from creeps. If you don't he gets to leap you for free because you want to harass him, then blow his combo then go back to bush. Depending how close you are to bush he may just leap again (atm he has no icd on leap) just because.

Can you Target him in leap? What about aoe him?

I've been told his jungle clear is slow, but even still he makes me want to play him jungle. That leap is a cool mechanic, and as we have seen with Nunu, 5 hits isn't that hard to get. Depending in cd, a free 15% heal every creep camp should make him pretty tanky in jungle, and the heal also increases his armor/mres. Even if you have to save 5 ferocity to turn your bolas into a root, his ganks look like they should be strong. You know who else has a root and a gap closer? Maoki.

His ult is just gravy. The fact he has a built in snowball item (or at least insanely efficiently costed means that part of the skill of playing him will be when you buy that. If you go for boots then gp/time then the necklace, you may miss out on a lot of stacks. The reverse you may miss out on gold. I don't think Rengar will see a lot of tournament play, but definitely a lot of solo queue.

13. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Even though I know Nasus is considered to be past his prime, I still enjoy playing him, mainly because of games like this:
    http://imgur.com/kNLGs

Ez went afk ~30 minutes in, if not sooner, and Shaco was just sitting in foutain for the last 10 or so minutes, and in all honesty, the only reason I didn't surrender was simply to punish Vlad for feeding Diana so hard. But through means that I can't figure out (probably the fact that most of the other team was building retardedly...) we were able to start winning team fights. We were able to keep getting baron and pushing down their turrets, and well, we somehow ending up winning an unwinnable game.

tl;dr I love Nasus and I really do hope that they update him to allow him to be competative again.

14. Koalas

High Score:
    A question for the Diana mid players: how central to your build is rylai's? I see a lot of other diana's building it but I'm not sure how relevant it is with a spammable gap closer and a pull. Personally I find a roa a much better investment.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I almost never build Rylai's on Diana. Unless I am facing a counter in mid lane (fuck you Lux and Kassadin) I always have enough gold from kills and creeps to buy boots (magic pen) and a second dorans ring (yes I start with dorans) by my first return, and a needlessly large rod by my second.
    If I'm having trouble and need some more survivability besides the two dorans, I usually go with rod of ages. But it rarely happens. Usually all my first items are offensive, and my last two are for survivability. Anorthodox maybe, but it works for me.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Dorans is the smart choice on diana. mana + regen is much needed on her. But yeah DC first, then eother lich bane or abyssal, roa timing depends on how many kills I've gotten.

17. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I hate the matchmaking system in LoL. I literally can't get a team without at least one feeder/troll two games in a row.

Ever.

Seriously, hate hate hate hate.

18. Evan Tide

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/21270-unoffical-pbe-patch-notes-for-8-14-2012

They nerfed Rengar. Not enough, but it' in a good direction.

Increased Ulti CD by 10s at rank 3.

Cut base AD on bonetooth by 10. Made it harder to start snowballing with it while drastically weakening his maxed stacks effect so he can only refresh once in rapid fire instead of speed chaining three.

Someone did a damage calc on Rengar too.

At lvl 1, with Doran's, 21 offense, AD Runes, and Ignite vs a 36 armor target, Rengr can nuke down 570 damage. He gives a whole new definition for "kill lane."

@Kalas: Never had a need for Rylai's or RoA until end-game where the enemy can survive a burst combo.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  19. Koalas

High Score:
    Forgot you Diana'd Evan. Whats your build turn out like usually?

20. Evan Tide

Boots + 3
    Doran's + Wards, maybe a 2nd doran's if needed.
    Blasting Wand

then build off from there based on needs.

Minion clearing? NLR into DCap.
    1v1? Sheen
    More pokes and vs high Mres? Kage's into DFG
    AOE team fighting or dealing with pokes? Abyssal

Usually, at the end, my build ends up:

Doran's
    Sorc Shoes
    DCap
    Abyssal
    Lich
    DFG
    Zhonya's

Though it normally ends by Abyssal, DCap, Boots

If I rush some AP on her, Diana clears mobs so fast that mana regen really isn't an issue on her.

Negatron + Runes will give her more than enough MRes to shrug off harass with her Shield, especially when using mana regen seals and masteries.

The final build usually ends up with like 2k~ HP, give or take a few hundred, 150 Mres after Lich, and a ton AP. One blue, after DFG, sets me at maxed CDR.

I've regularly done 1v3 dives with this build too. The APs can't explode me through my Mres + Shield and I target the ADs mainly, carries in particular, since they have no MRes or can't build enough without compromising hard on their build.

I think the only time I've ever considered building HP was vs a Talon or Panth mid and I just rushed Zhonya's instead to counter push and shrug off damage while using the active to wait on CDs.

General combat goes:

QWR and nuke something.

Shield lasts about 2s, maybe 3.

E to give you 1s of CC and disruption.

Zhonya's or GTFO.

Shield should be off CD now, so nuke another target.

Assuming you got blue buff, anyways.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
Not open for further replies.