1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Anyone have any champs they constantly come across that they just end up despising because the player behind the champion seems to be constantly terrible? Has to be Anivia for me, levelling up every Anivia thus far has been terrible, seems to think they're the 2nd coming of Froggen and spends the rest of the game complaining at everyone else after they die once.

Nice to see some nerfs to Rengar, albeit extremely minor, would like to see a little more but, not entirely sure where as I don't play on the PBE. Might be right after those changes, be interesting to see what the forums say about it.

Edit; Every game I get stuck playing AD carry, either my net tanks or I get random burst of lag. Every game for 2 weeks now, only during AD carry games. Either LoL hates me or my net does, can't decide which. Either way, frustrating when I can't do anything but see "Attempting to reconnect" on my screen every minute or so. Strikes gold pretty much every teamfight too and suddenly I'm to blame for doing no damage, sigh. Talked with ISP for an hour, everything's fine from me through to them so it must be the LoL client fucking up somewhere. Running 80mb down 7mb up on ethernet in the house via fibre optic, basically sat on top of the server hotspot for my area so I couldn't get a better connection, but, nope... LoL still doesn't like it. So fucking frustrating and I'm never going near AD carry again, just not worth the hassle.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Master Yi. 95% of them are terrible. On the very rare occasion one does well, the player is always a massive cunt with absolutely no concept of teamwork. While he's off suiciding to towers in top lane trying to 'backdoor', the rest of the team has lost every single team fight 4 v 5.

This goes double for AP Yi.

And triple for Teemo.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Backdoor champs just requires the right team comps to work. Need a whole bunch of poke champs, and ones that can defend properly, and not a whole bunch of assassins. But in general, Solo q Master Yi's that tries to backdoor constantly is just bleh.

4. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

That happened to me too on but only one specific champion: Malzahar.

I do well enough clearing my mid and dodging/countering ganks and then after like the first tower falls, I suddenly start lagging hard with like five second delays. During the games, I check my connection and they're pretty good but eventually, I also get that attempting to reconnect issue as well. And then the problem mysteriously disappears whenever I choose some other champ.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I just played my first game with Zyra and she's interesting I will say, I hadnt expected much from her but eleven kills isnt terribly shabby for my first run with her. Once I started getting the hang of how her plants worked she was a lot easier to play with.

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Play quickly before she gets nerfed.

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Translation: Abuse the OP champion, quickly! No-one gives a shit about good sportsmanship! Win at any cost!

=,=

This ties into the question above, as I hate 99% of all people who play Darius with any regularity at all. They ALWAYS turn into massive douchebags because their 'success' with a blatantly overpowered champion makes them think they're the king shit of the world.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Only thing wrong with your logic is that I‘ve never once played Zyra, and have a grand total of three games as Darius.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Never seen a Darius do as well as he did prior to his ulti nerf. Now they're just comically rolled in their lane unless their opponent is incompetent. Been trying out Taric lately to get a feel for a support outside Soraka and Sona. Like the playstyle but, I've been struggling a lot against Vayne's, regardless of my carry, she just seems to tear us apart late-game even if I spend most of my time zoning her and her support. Any suggestions?

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't think I've played Darius since he was free, but he's hardly overpowered. Sure, his KDA scores are usually better than most, if only because of his Ult, but "overpowered" is a term that should be used lightly.

Btw, your "translations", are terrible.

@Bsuper, I find that against Vayne, haven't Oracles or at least a pink ward can help make the teamfight go a lot easier. Naturally, the bruisers etc will need to focus on Vayne, but it is difficult to do so due to the tumble+stealth. This actually applies in laning too, when he reaches level 6. Throw a pink ward and suddenly he will have a much harder time staying alive.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  11. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hmm, guess it's something to try. Most of the time when I have Oracles I get caught with my pants down because my team just refuses to ward so I get the job of wandering round warding and clearing everything, usually in games where my lanes lose so hard I dunno why I waste the 400g on oracles. Oh well, I'll keep that in mind but I get popped everytime I have oracles in team fights, so, shall try & keep a pink ward handy.

Been playing a lot of jungle Udyr, I think it's more my lanes are useless than I'm bad at ganking but, I guess I should expect as much in normals. Currently building boots & 3 pots into HoG, then rushing wits end and phage. Problem is, I always seem to be miles behind the enemy jungler, even if they die more than me they seem to get ahead.

Previous game as an example. I go Udyr, eneny jungler's Naut. By end game I had 3 kills, 2 deaths and 5 assists, he had 1 kill, 6 deaths and 5 assists yet my final build was Tabi's, Wits, HoG and Phage vs his mobo boots, HoG, philo stone, chain vest and Glacial shroud. I don't even know how that happened as I managed to steal both his 2nd blue and red after he screwed up a gank bot and recalled to go harass top. I guess my bot lane getting shat on and my mid dcing all the time probably helped but bleh... I just can't understand how I got so far behind when I spend most of my time in the jungle farming due to my average lane being pushed or killed before I can do anything.

12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My solution to stupidity in normals is to play Ranked. Eventually, ill be playing with people as skilled as I am. Since my elo keeps rising (overall, in the past week I went up 100 elo) I'm not quite at that point. When I am playing with the right people -skill wise- I'll start taking my recorded games and analysing them.

13. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Alas, I'm still in that terrible process of levelling up and can't see the point for buying an exp boost now as I'm maybe 2 losses away from 27 so, nearly there. Getting there gradually, should be 30 by the time I get back to Uni, provided my puppies stop chewing through my ethernet cables, gone through 3 this week alone, the latest one mid-game as top Malphite so, wasn't exactly happy when everything just died on me.

Oh well, I daresay I'll enjoy the pain of falling into ELO Hell once I hit 30 just like everyone else.

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I hate to disappoint you, but normal games use exactly the same Elo system as ranked. The numbers are just hidden. If you've played a lot of normal games, you're already playing with people as skilled as you are.

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    But... My epeen!

Also I don't take non-ranked seriously. If I want to try out a troll build (AD jungle Taric for instance) I play normal. When I have my game face on I play ranked.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I hate players like you. I want to play some normal games to relax and have fun, and some idiot AD Veigar or AP Varus comes and is all "chill bro, it's not ranked". Of course we lose, and my nerves are destroyed by then.
    "Troll builds" as you say, should only be taken against bots or in custom games with people who won't mind.

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

They just buffed AP Varus, you know >_>. Tried him out, and the scaling for the stacks on W being nearly-doubled hits impressively hard. I think I ran Zerk greaves, Nashor's, Malady, Deathcap, Gunblade, and while I would go Lich Bane if my support even attempted to protect me, I was forced to go for Zhonya's, since my support, nor our Olaf, ever even came close to trying to work together.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    And that, sirs, is how one completely misses the point.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Hehe, I was just pointing something out from the patch notes, and having tried it twice again now.

...still not as fun as Akali though...

Not open for further replies.