1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I played on my phone at first but didn't make a mihoyo account so I couldn't transfer it to pc.
    So I made a new one. Got iceboy chongyun, fish girl fischl, and the cooking girl who's name I can never remember. Eventually picked up Barbara. I'm enjoying the game play; using either cooking girl or ice boy as dps after the others drop their skills for the damage.
    I see people talking about high ar level stuff, and I'm just like "how did you get there so fast??"
    If I'm still playing this game in a month I might spend money on the battle pass, but anything else seems like a giant money sink. If only I could buy a specific hero (just the one and just the once) I'd be way more inclined to spend on that.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're not going to be investing tons of money for 5 star dupes, I feel like rerolling for a 5star is pretty pointless given just how long it takes to reroll. Native rank just doesn't mean much besides some basic stat boosts. It's all about constellations, combos, and gear setup. A C3+ Fisch or Xianling is probably better than all of the 5 star roster at C0/C1.

Like sure, Mona, Diluc, Jean, and Venti are all still monsters at C0/C1, but with a few constellations under their belt, 80% of the 4 stars will be more powerful.

This is definitely a 'build what you have' sort of game.

Battle pass is a ginormous waste, especially if you don't get to L30.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  3. Galen

Galen DA Member

I got hit with the “phone is too old to run efficiently” message right in the face.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    If you're not sporting a top of the line device from 2018 or later, don't even attempt to play mobile. This is essentially an end of PS3 era game, with better graphics. Even my butter smooth S10 gets hot/laggy during long play sessions.

5. Galen

Galen DA Member

Sounds like quite the demanding, intensive game then, yeah. Well, I was meaning to get a new phone anyways.

6. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have 2018 tablet. I have a 2020 phone but I ain't playing on a small screen.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You shouldn't. It controls horribly and it super frustrating on a touch screen. Play on PC or PS4 (or get a blutooth control if that works).

I only use my phone version to mine, collect rewards or check my resin. Sometimes I farm easy Domains if I'm bored and away from my PC.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    It's perfectly fine on touch, you just need to lower the sensitivity settings to lowest or second lowest mark. The only thing that really suffers is manual aiming due to how crap the camera is, so if you main bows, yeah you'll have problems.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  9. Gengar

High Score:
    You think dodging around Fatui skirmishers and any other hard hitting enemies is fine on touch?

I dunno man. Maybe I have fat fingers. Shit's horrible.

Possible Solution to the Resin problem:
    Each chest you open in the world rewards 1-2 Resin.

Provides a break to the soul destroying gameplay loop of scouring the world for chests because there's nothing else to do. If they introduce a 'treasure chest compass' or some such, you could probably fill Resin in an hour or two, spend it, rinse and repeat.

I could live with that compromise.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah, I think it's pretty intuitive actually, better than most mobile games with teeny weeny buttons.

What phone are you using? I think the UI scales with screen size.

This is mine. Buttons are big as fuck. E skill is roughly the size of a dime. Attack is maybe a nickel.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's the typical mobile UI for every modern action game. It works.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I have a note 10, lol.

We clearly have different interpretations of intuitive. Attack and dodge/sprint are way too close to each other for me - I wonder if dodge should be moved to the left side of the screen and done with swipes.

Also controlling the camera in combat is a nightmare.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    That is the main gripe on reddit. That and greedy gacha etc etc.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    There's no natural fix that I can think of bar lock-on mechanics, with maybe tilting to switch targets.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Alright I've waited long enough. Time to get real nerdy.

I've noticed a majority of the GI content on the ytbz is utterly nonsensical parroting of incredibly vague websites regarding team building.

I still see people saying Mona is a support DPS while also in the same breath recommending building Elemental Mastery on her.

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm mostly sure Elemental Mastery does fuck all unless the character with the stat is the one triggering the Elemental Reaction, making EM an utterly useless stat for a support character.

Anyone else here have her and have her decently geared? I know she's a little buggy atm (as well as Keqing, naturally the two I use for my wombo combo), but I feel like you gotta build Noblesse Oblige on her. Does the damage of her Burst actually matter? Tempted to go full support and build her Noblesse 4 piece, as much Energy Recharge as possible and the 3* weapon that boosts attack of the character being switch to by 50ish%

It's either that or build her for damage, get less Bursts off, but actually have her Skill and Burst do serious damage.

Unsure which way to go.

Either way, farming Noblesse is... painful. I have 4 pieces, but none of the ones that could rolled a useful main stat, though I did get a goblet with Electro damage I might try on Fischl.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Pretty sure this is correct, yeah. I tried out some EM gear on Barb and it only seemed to boost Lisa to Barb E.Charge, not Barb to Lisa.

That said, Mona can still dish out decent dps as a main elemental damage dealer, which is why some people recommend EM. You can setup with Fish, Venti, Xianling, and chain into Mona for some big damage.

It depends on how you're going to play.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    She's too good as a setup character to use as main dps, imo. I also have Keqing, Jean, Chongyun, Razor and Fischl, so she'll firmly stay in the support role despite how much I like looking at her bum as she walks around like the degenerate I am.

I'm thinking of building Lisa full EM and swapping out Fishl for her. I lose Oz damage with Fischl, but Lisa wombos so well with Mona... and I have an art set atm with 300 Mastery so I wanna try it. My Fishl is +7 too, so she's powerful enough to be a carry DPS all on her own with the Rust bow.

I really need the stat nerds to come out for Fischl though. Looking at all her talents and consts, it seems like she scales purely off Atk, but do you just stack atk, or do you still get Electro dmg and electro dmg/skill dmg set piece bonuses?

It's too costly to farm the shit and test it out. So frustrating.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I'm maining Lisa, Barbara, and Jean atm and yes, you want full EM, energy recharge, and attack on Lisa. I have her at about 280 EM and she just destroys everything. I blow through Oceanid and Cryo regisvine in about 30 seconds flat. She is squishy as fuck though. You really can't run her without Barb/Jean/Qiqi.

I only use Fish as a setup, so I have her kitted out in Brave gear with some electro damage up, attack, and crit.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I think I'm gonna craft the EM book from the smithy. Can't wait to try my Noblesse, Thrilling Tales, Eleburst Mona into Lisa either E or her own Burst. I feel like it's be... shocking.

Unfufufufufu

20. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I managed to roll the Bell and have been maining Noelle with it, who was practically unkillable to begin with. Fun stuff.

My main problem is DPS and the slow progression, with so many dungeons gated behind AL. It's a shit feeling to lose a challenge that you were playing perfectly because you couldn't manage to baste through a 30k health slime fast enough. Hopefully there's some rebalancing in the work.

I'd say the battle pass and the 30 day gems for 5 bucks are good deals. Fun game. Love the cube bosses.