1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

If I was starting over I'd probably reroll until I got a 5* from the beginner banner, but if you aren't sure if you'll like it that will probably be more frustration than it's worth. By the time I lucked into a 5* I'd be sick of the game and say fuck it, so maybe don't do that unless you know you will enjoy rerolling.

So... let's see.

You will get experience books fairly early on. Go ahead and use those, it is NOT practical to level up by killing things / doing quests in this game. You will need to use the books.

Getting people to 20 and ascending them (requires Adventure Rank 15) will give you extra wishes, so you're probably going to get everyone to at least 20 at some point.

Of the 'free and guaranteed characters' you get early on, I personally find Kaeya and Noelle to be the most useful (in addition to the Traveler).

You will get a 'blue' sword fairly early on in the game - around AR6 or AR7 if I recall - so don't stress too much about finding a decent weapon ASAP. It is a quest reward for doing a dungeon/domain with Kaeya.

Use your first 16 wishes on the Beginner's Banner as you get 10-for-8 on your first big pulls. Most people will use the rest of their primogems on the Limited Character banner after that, but this assumes that you want the current Banner character (Zhongli).

Once you've used your 16 wishes you can take a minute and pick out a team of 4 to focus on and play up through AR15 (or beyond). You'll probably get an extra character or a solid purple/4* weapon from the banner, and that might impact your choices. Hopefully by AR15 you'll have a better sense of the game and can figure out more what you want at that point.

If you want to spend money to get a boost the most useful thing for someone just starting out is going to be the $5 a month Welkin Pass. Nothing else is worth it until you are a bit higher ranked. The Welkin Pass gives you 90 primogems a day when you login - if you don't log in these are lost.

Have fun! This game is fucking awesome. Feel free to friend me and request help if needed.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God fucking damnit need friends to do some Pot quests lmao. Right when @Jon burnt out on GI too...

Anyone else in Asia? I need to visit and buy something from your merchant.

As for the pot itself, boo for no stairs (that I see yet). I don't wanna elevate buildings if I can't build stairs/bridges up to them.

I'm in the process of walling off my Liyue mansion atm, lmao. But everything else looks crazy, I'm just plopping everything I can possible atm so I max my coin gains.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I assume you're referring to character level, not AR?
    How do I do this? Also I am in Europe.

Is there a preferred method on what to do mission wise/open world stuff when it comes to levelling faster?

4. Ched

@Republic
    Yeah I meant character level - when I first started I was worrying about wasting resources and whatnot but sooner or later you will have each character at level 20 so it's okay to not stress about it.

Anytime I said "level" I meant character level, so yeah I meant it with regards the other comment also. I tend to say "Adventure Rank" or just AR or maybe AR level if referring to the 'overall' progression system in the game.

Best way to increase AR is to follow the main story quest for a while. Feel free to grab some side quests if you want but they'll be there later. Just dive in and have fun exploring and doing whatever - everything contributes to AR almost, but main story quest is the best way to progress quickly and open up more things.

I'm in US so we can't be friends sadly.

5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Madlad makin Easter Island heads.

[​IMG]

6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Use your resin (top right on the world map screen) every day. Every time you use resin, you get adventure exp. Do your four daily commissions every day, too. Story quests are the initial, major bulk, and you'll eventually do every quest. The adventure rank grind comes with just doing your dailies and spending your resin (essentially 'stamina' in other games).

Starting tips... get a core party you like using, and keep their levels, weapon levels, talent levels and artifacts well upgraded. DON'T spread your resources too thin and try to level up every character simultaneously. Focusing on one main character (main dps) and maxing their everything out is a solid strategy, one strong character can do all the overworld and main story stuff.

In other news... patch is, surprisingly, not a disappointment. We're all sick of waiting for Inazuma, but the filler content could be worse. The new abyss was challenging, and 12-3 took me quite a few resets to 36*.

Had to grab Zhongli because he's just too powerful, and I'll probably roll a 50/50 on Eula. Probably mediocre, but waifu.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I see the resin counter, I'm just unsure how or where to use it?

8. Ched

You can use it for different things.

It costs 20 resin to loot one of the leylines once you have them open (these are gold for money and blue for XP books - visible from minimap or from enemies tab in the Adventure book).

It costs 40 resin to kill something and loot it like one of the cubes (geo cube, anemo cube, fire flower, etc).

It costs 20 resin to get rewards from a domain for talent books or whatever else.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Rough mockup of the underground mansion I'm going to make in my second zone.

I need more boulders to enclose the mansion, and I'll need a fuckton of those cool liyue square lanterns. I also really wish we could switch to pavement.

10. Ched

I still want to get my mansion elevated and everything else below it, but afaik MHY patched it so you can't put your mansion on landscapes anymore. I expect they'll sort out the buggy bits and re-add that later though.

Cave is phenomenal idea for an extra zone.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yeah they patched it. Too many people were making their houses float, which was causing glitches.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    I'll definitely elevate mine when i can build bridges/ stairs. Will look too scuffed otherwise

13. Clerith

High Score:
    What Ched said. Resin is used basically for every 'real' progression - exp, money, artifacts, character, talent and weapon ascension materials. Actually, what you use your resin on before... AR40 doesn't matter at all, since the drops you get early are much worse than what you get at AR40 and 45. Just farm whatever you need to ascend your characters and weapons. Long term, just use all your resin, and don't let it cap, since that's letting it go to waste.

My house looks like utter garbage due to the low load limits, and just trying to min/max realm energy early on. Stacking screens and fences.

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    It's much better to spam high adeptal low load items like screens indoors than outdoors. A) Because people rarely go into other people's houses. My entire upstairs is screens all along the walls. I think I'm at like 15 or 16 at this point. And B) because there is no room indoors to actually get creative. Like, you can make a nice HGTV worthy room layout or build a little library... but that's it.

Outdoors gives you the space to go crazy.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    I'll be shocked if we don't get a floating palace like Ningg's at some point.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    If any of you don't already have him, I strongly suggest pulling for Zhong Li.

I didn't roll for him the first time around, then he got buffed. I wasn't aware how busted that was until I pulled him this time and just threw a bunch of HP gear on him (millelith).

You can legit just ignore mechanics. Mine is running a 90 Black Tassel and HP on everything else millelith. 52k HP and I just hold E and ignore mechanics now. I wish there was an indicator of how much HP your shield has in the UI (like the colour of the element bar going over your health so you know what % of your health the shield is, for example), but it's gotta be around 25k hp shields every 12 seconds.

Oh, and if you have Ningg too? Double busted.

17. Clerith

High Score:
    Zhongli is probably the best support right now (I'm using him more than Venti lately), easily one of the best units in the game, with high chance of staying relevant for a long time. If you're on the fence, or pulling for meta, I also strongly recommend Zhongli. Ganyu, Hu Tao, Zhongli and Venti are the top four characters in the game atm.

You can go pure shieldbot and ignore all mechanics, or you can go burst support and drop 100k meteors, while still having a beefy 15k shield (lower numbers with lower investment).

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I've wasted about 73 wishes trying to pull him. Life is meaningless and none of us matter.

19. Ched

C4 Zhongli.
    Hope we get a swimsuit skin.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I really should pull for him as I still can't reliably 36 star abyss.

But Thighs.exe is right around the corner and I will always always always choose waifus over meta.