1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

That'll teach me. I skipped the dialogue for the daily quest where you have to give Tang a meal so I don't know what she is chasing, never been an issue before. Literally cooked 1 of everything single recipe I know and none of them were the one she is chasing. Guess I have to do some googling for obscure recipes.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just go to all the vendors / restaurants and look in their shops. The options always have at least 1 of the freely available recipies.

3. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Yeah I missed Kiminami Anna in Inazuma City. Had like 4 or so recipes I didn't have. Still even when I cooked all of those only one was the one she wanted, so I'll be missing another vendor somewhere.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Some very easy to miss ones

-the hosts of the 2 dueling restaurants in liyue
    -vind at stormbear point
    -Mrs Bai in quince
    -bubu pharmacy

If you haven't hit them up in Inazuma yet, Ryoko in Ritou has one, and kanbei in inazuma has a couple.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://twitter.com/joe_paras/status/1440968000882937858?s=19

My trash gear, high EM XL. Max catch, lvl 12 burst.

She has like 1k atk, lol (650 em though). The reason i can just dump her atk though is bennett and sucrose push it to like 3k.

So many unlucky noncrits too...

I'm still getting the feel for this, but this would just get ridiculous in AoE with childe hyper applicating.

I want to farm up some more mora (i crowned her burst after this) before i go back to art farming... i have so many ppl i need to gear...

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

7. Gengar

High Score:
    The primo rewards are so pathetic it's like...

It's like a rich fuckboy dropping a $5 bill at our feet. I could pick it up, it's very little effort and $5 is $5, but I'd rather watch it blow away in the wind and punch the cunt in the face.

That sounded far less aggressive in my head...

8. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Gift Link

Rewards are really something. They should just go on a week long server maintenance, would be much better lol

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I was talking to Jon earlier. I don't fucking understand why they don't just throw away Acquaint Fates for this kind of shit.

I would be shocked if people are paying en masse on the general banner like they do on the limited ones (pretty sure the whales have everything on it c6/r5d anyway), so they're losing nothing by doing it...

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I was actually expecting like 50 acquaints as a "surprise" to calm the shitstorm, essentially giving everyone half of a guaranteed but random standard 5 star.

Guess all those free Qiqis were just really going to hurt Mihoyo's bottom line. -__-

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The genshin discord is Qiqi now.

Just Qiqi.

[​IMG]

12. Ched

I get people wanted more free primos n' shit for the Anniversary - so did I! - but I don't get why everyone is so pissed off. The event is cool, lots of cameos to make up for Lantern Rite, there's some primos in all those chests and then 10 wishes.

I agree they probably should have given out a lot more of the 'regular' fates, since it's usually the fancy ones whales go for (and that they make money on). That wouldn't have eaten into their bottom line and would be a huge bone to throw at the f2p and low-spend crowd. Dunno why they didn't do that. But I guess that's the only thing I wanted that I don't see?

Maybe my expectations were too low. I don't really do gacha games and apparently Honkai had an amazing anniversary event.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  13. Gengar

High Score:
    Frankly, if you're new to Gacha, I'm surprised you're not way more pissed off tbh.

Instead of writing a ranty paragraph, I'll just list some of the reasons why I'm really angry with them atm:
    • There is no communication between fans and the devs. And any time they do a Q&A sessions, they pull Qs no one asked or give a shit about.
    • Monetisation. Obviously. From the overpriced, weak-ass skins to the completely predatory weapon banners. I can't help looking at it and feeling the contempt for us through the screen.
    • Pretty much crickets on the balance front ever since ZhongLi.
    • This might belong with the lack of communication issue, but them going after beta leakers hard. They provide no road maps and no insight into upcoming characters so people can save. So when someone else does, their response is to shut them down. They think the issue with the Raiden/Beidou thing is that people saw them synergising before release, so they need to stop that, rather than making the paying customer happy.
    • Half-assed implemented systems that feel abandoned on arrival. Combine this with glacial updates and you get the feeling of '... we waiting this long... for this?!'
    • The insanely garbage rewards, for pretty much everything tbh, but specifically i was thinking about AR rank ups when i started writing this point.
    • Artefact farming is garbage.
    • Yoimiya
    • Seriously, Yoimiya. How is she still existing as is? I find her so unpleasant to play i gave her weapon to Sara - think about that for a second.
    • The last point I'll make bc i need to get back to work is the Anniversary rewards. You need to understand that anniversaries are a big thing in Gacha games. We all know their monetisations are predatory af, but we still play because we're degenerates. Anniversaries are the time they usually give back and say 'thanks.' Instead, they throw scraps our way and tie most of them to free advertising for their game - art/cosplaying etc. It's scummy, even for a gacha dev.

Oh,I lied. The worst of all:

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T SARA GLIDE WITH HER OWN WINGS?!

14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:

Gengar summarized it nicely. Quoting all the ones that are basically instant rage topics on any form of genshin social media.

It dried up completely around 1.5. The common assumption is that Mihoyo now believes they don't have to continue fostering a good customer relationship now that they are a 1.9 billion dollar success story (fairly standard Chinese gaming industry practice tbh). This may fly in China, but in Japan, Korea, US, and Europe it will bite them in the ass. The review bombing of the Google play store ratings for both Genshin and Honkai should tell you it is already happening. If you essentially cut off the efficacy of normal routes of communication, the global crowd will communicate harshly through every remaining avenue they have.

I think Genshin was 2.3 stars last I checked, down from a 4.7.

And Sara. And Kokomi. And Aloy. And Qiqi. And Lisa. And Amber. And Raidou interaction. And Ayaka/Mona persistant dash problems. And Xinyan. Just kidding nobody cares about poor Xinyan.

We've got flawed clunky kits out the wazoo and they just won't do anything to address it. The rage factor on this one comes and goes but with 5 characters in a row having big senseless kit flaws, it's at an all time high right now.

I think everyone knows and agrees that realistically leakers should be cracked down on. They are people violating copyright and non-discloaure agreements. It's just Mihoyo's motivations for doing so are blatantly financially motivated and it just pisses everyone off.

The lackluster anniversary is just the last straw on the camel's back for a whole lot of people. Not only because the rewards suck, but because the rewards suck for no reason and any financial analyst who is telling the mihoyo execs they need to give out shitty rewards to stay profitable is an absolute fucknuggety moron.

A proper gacha game anniversary done right both thanks your vets in a big way, draws in tons of new players with huge new player rewards, celebrates the game and the community, and makes the company massive fucking BANK in the process though tempting bundles and fomo deals (like paid only guarantee banners). Mihoyo's anniversary will do none of these.

Okay.

Unrelated and more positive things:

Moonchase may be my favorite standard event yet (Guoba derping around in the background of the story quests was amazing). I want them all to be like this.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    I think it went too far in the other direction, hilariously (from Baal's story quest)...

It was charming at first, but as it went on, and on, and on, and on, and on etc about essentially a Shokugeki and cracking open a rock, it was a bit much.

I guess in this instance I didn't think the story justified the effort.

Though I did find it particularly hilarious that despite every Liyue native getting a cameo in it, XinYan was still snubbed.

(And Yanfei. But shh, my agenda)

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    More anniversary rewards are now, most unsurprisingly, incoming. They've hastily made one of the planned paid glider bundles free.

But Disqiqi is still going strong and the Google store rating is still getting nuked.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Mihoyo right now.

17. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

18. Ched

I reached the limit for claiming primogem gifts? Wtf I only got one. That is dumb.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeessssss.

The anger... embrace it.

20. Ched

Hrmmm -- communication between fans and devs isn't something I've ever paid much attention to, with a few exceptions (BC/WotLK-xpac and Boston Lockdown are the only two that come to mind). I mean it sucks, but I haven't felt affected?

Monetization is absolutely rage-inducing, but since this is my first game of this nature I went into it going "okay this is going to be monetized out the arse and I need to accept that" so I already factored that in, and haven't got other games to compare this level of monetization to. I typically avoid games that encourage this level of spending for a reason but this one is so damn fun.

Glacial updates are a plus, not a minus, if what you are referring to is the the current update rate for new content. I don't want to play more than I'm already playing, and I am already 'behind' on finishing some quests/hangouts, so more content more quickly would make me frustrated and probably lead to them losing my money.

Artifact farming is indeed garbage. I've got a decent set for Xiao though, and my other main carries are just 1-2 pieces off a good set (with okay placeholders), so... it's frustrating and needs to be revamped, but I'm clearing Abyss regularly with 33-35 stars. Frustrating I can't get 36, but I feel that's as much on me not optimizing my playstyle as anything.

Your last point tho makes perfect sense - if Anniversaries are a 'big thing' in gachas, they completely fucked this one up. Should be loads of free fates (for standard banner) and a cool skin or something, maybe for Traveler even? But yeah this... feels like a normal event we get all the time, even less special than Lantern Rite was (even if the cameos are better).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021