1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I just saw leaked footage from the beta which shows ZhongLi and Childe's combat animations.

I am now saving all my gems for Zhongli. Will make a geo team with Ningguang.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I liked Zhongli as a character (he is absolutely 100% Rex Lapis in disguise), but I suspect I'll pass. He seems to basically just be GeoTraveler 2.0. Geo is fairly useless beyond shield breaking, and unless that monolith pulls in or traps enemies, I don't see much use for him.

Childe could be interesting if he has really high damage modifiers. Weapon swapping at the cost of a significant E skill doesn't really fit my playstyle though.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  3. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Sundial island off the coast of starsnatch cliff?

My team is Venti, Sucrose, Diluc and Razor. All my +atk artifacts got rolled onto instructors, which seems good on Sucrose... It seems like she hits hard but I'm not actually sure if she does.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Yep. Before I knew about mid-air stamina boosts, I took the long way and Kaeya-k'd over there pretty much the second I learned he could walk on ocean. Found the half submerged luxurious chest and lost several items to the ocean which pissed me off to no end. I wish there was auto looting in this game. Solved the sundial mystery after much fiddling. I think I'm missing like 10 chests out of 400some in mondstat.

I'll eventually go back to search for the missing anemoculus with a guide, but right now I can't be fucked. I'm trying to do as much as possible without guides.

Edit: Trolololol. I literally just fucking found it when I went to do my weekly stormterror. Realized I had never jumped up to the tippy top of the tower, so I flew back out and voila, there it was along with a nice chest.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  5. Gengar

High Score:
  6. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've already said that resin is the worst thing about Genshin Impact. I can live with the gacha if I have to, but let me play meaningful content whenever and however much I want instead of this limited daily stamina garbage. I don't particularly care how that's accomplished, just that it is.

In other news, Abyss 9 is kicking my ass, and the reset is after tomorrow. As much as I like Keqing, her being so much electro is kinda hit and miss. She's not spectacular against either electro or pyro slimes, which feels kinda unfair, considering the other elements. I also only have one healer, so one team always runs into survivability problems. I really wish I had Diluc (claymore + fire feels like the best element and weapon combination) and Qiqi (second healer and some floors wants ice in both parties).

7. Gengar

High Score:
    I assure you Diluc is equally as useless against fire slimes lol...

If you want to use her for everything, don't build her electro. Make her a physical build. High crit, high phys damage (or just gladiator stats with as high stats as possible) then run Kaiya. You proc superconduct by putting cryo on them with Kaiya, then proccing it with stiletto (do not teleport, obviously) - it has to be Kaiya, Chongyun's ability makes you keep doing cryo damage and super-conduct doesn't affect cry damage.

Superconduct reduces physical defence. So once procced, you do a combo of normal attack > charge attack > normal attack > charge etc.

It does huge white damage. Especially if you have Aquila.

Personally though? I pair mine with Mona with 100 elemental mastery (amongst other high stats) and melt things with electro-charged. And I think it's even bugged atm so it's not hitting as hard as it should.

I think people aren't rating reactions highly enough atm, because it's a lot harder to actually track the damage that's going on (my left nut for some kind of damage meter third party app that won't get me banned!), but building teams around reactions necessitates a larger roster to build around weaknesses.

Keqing is actually amazing because she can build both physically and elementally. Try it out, I promise she hits like a truck.

I stopped on floor 9. Cbf dealing with the fatui skirmishers, they were pissing me off lol...

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    How are you supposed to build/play Beidou? The damage reflect mechanics seem clunky. Is she not viable without a few constellations?

9. Clerith

High Score:
    At least he's good against electro, though. Pyro and Cryo are both better elements than Electro, imo.

I know about the phys Keqing build. I'd do it if I had Aquila, lol. Or a functioning Gladiator 4pc. Or an epic+ quality phys% goblet. Would be nice. Keqing is so strongly electro that it's a shame not to build her like that, although obviously every physical weapon character can be build to do normal attack damage, with Gladiator 4pc, which is more flexible since it's not hard countered by anything. It's definitely an option for everyone, even if someone like Razor would be best for it. Phys is probably the way to go for floor 9, though.

Beidou is imo the worst claymore character. Her attack string is strictly worse than anyone else's. Her counter is hard to use and situational. Obviously, the counter is cool and unique, and some people main her because they just love it, but to me, it's always been too inconsistent and hard to use, lowering her effective dps. She has a shield mechanic, but it seems to come at the cost of damage, and her second talent relies on you getting off a max damage E, which isn't always possible. She's good in the overworld with Xiangling (grass on fire counts as hits for her E), and I heard she's good against world bosses. I think if you main her, you go 4pc Glad, while if you switch her in for her abilities, 2pc Thunder damage and 2pc Gladiator.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Liking the game so far but not playing super hard, mostly roughly half an hour-an hour per day, just casually doing the daily stuff, with a bit of exploring/running around. I have Kequing and rather happy with her, took me like 9 rerolls until I got any 5 star and unfortunately, she was the first and only 5 star to bless my account. Really want Jean but alas...

As for my team, my main team atm is Kequing, Barbara, Kaeya, and Xiang Ling. Also switching in Noelle for farming. Haven't build my Lisa, Amber and Razor. Barbara is oddly fun, and i like the water electro combo. It is actually my main way of dealing with most enemies, just try to cycle as many electro combos as possible, unless the enemy is immune and even then, Kequing does decent normal damage.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, building characters is super difficult, esp with the Resin restrictions...

Obviously Aquila is BiS for that build, but any weapon will work. Prototype Rancour, Black Sword. I personally don't like Flute, but if it's all you got /shrug. I'm sure it works just fine with a budget atk+18%x2 sets. Armour Pen is generally strong in every game.

'At least he's good against electro, though. Pyro and Cryo are both better elements than Electro, imo.' This statement baffles me though. Yeah, and he's bad against Pyro. I don't understand the point... Especially since Electro Charge seems to be the best Elemental Reaction from personal experience... having some mad fun setting up Venti/Mona/Keqing Wombos.

Geo is the only element that has no 'weakness,' and it seems like they just do the most raw damage in general - Geo Catalysts being the weird exception because they don't do white damage.

And now to infuriate everybody: I hit AR39 and BP 50 today, which gives you 2 Acquaint Fates. This put me at 10 (I hadn't realized I had that many, I wasn't paying attention to them because the normal banner is so trash).

Then:

upload_2020-10-16_18-1-20.png

12. Nemrut

High Score:
    GZ, hearing good things about Diluc. The rates are so frustrating in the game, though, and I wish it was a little bit more generous. Do you always save up for ten summmon pulls?

13. Gengar

High Score:
    No, not normally. I just totally forgot about those Acquaint Fates slowly building up until I got the two at once. Normally I just spend Acquaints as soon as I get them.

14. Nemrut

High Score:
    Which sword are you running on kequing btw? Have a four star one that seems mostly meh, thinking about switching to a 3 star one that I can at least max awaken.

Also this amused me:
    [​IMG]

15. Gengar

High Score:
    I use the Black Sword (from the BP) (I have Aquila btw and don't use it on her despite the massive atk boost).

It's either that or Lion's Roar for me if you run her electro build. You use Lion's Roar if you're not triggering Elemental Reactions on her (and thus Electro stays on the target as a debuff instead of getting exploded). Black Sword is amazing though imo. Keq gets crit dmg with every ascension, making crit a very powerful stat on her. The self-heal is very powerful too.

If you're gonna go a physical super-conduct build and don't have Aquila, use anything that boosts raw stats.

If you're really hurting for 4* swords (you should at least have Prototype Rancour), I think there's a 3* weapon called something like The Flayer that looks good.

16. Clerith

High Score:
    I use the Black Sword from the battle pass too. It's really nice. Afaik, it and Lion's Roar > Flute.

I mostly meant that in regards to elemental immune enemies (slimes). Electro is weak against two and strong against two, while Pyro is weak against one and strong against three. Electrocharged seems like it could scale really well lategame though (along with Melt and Vaporize).

Ye and obligatory fuck your Diluc pull. Even Bennet is great for Abyss. As much as I want Diluc, after beating my head against floor 9 for two hours yesterday, I actually need Qiqi more. A second healer who's also cryo is just what I'm missing.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I just consider all those slimes electro. What is the yellow one officially?

I say I consider them all Electro because they always come out together. Like pyro come out all together.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Man enhancing weapons is so powerful... Screenshot_20201020-092217_Genshin Impact.jpg Screenshot_20201020-092213_Genshin Impact.jpg

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Jean...Venti... Diluc... Mona... Keqing.

I am frightened to ask how much money you spent.

20. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

A lady never tells.

Only just started playing this yesterday. This game has a few issues I would point out if it was paid for upfront, but considering the amount of content you get for a free game? I truly see why this is so popular, definitely deserves the praise. Loving it atm.

Nitpick: The straight drop when you stop gliding (even if on purpose with stamina left) is really annoying.