1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

GoF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

That priori incantem (sp) spell looks like a rip off of space balls :lol:

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Doesnt it? ... adn ill bet you 100 galleons that isnt the only spaceballs ripp off there is in the movie

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

why would anyone take a bet like that?

4. Antivash

... because..... ummm... er... its a good bet?

5. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

it is a good bet if your betting that it is a rip off but if you betting that its not...well just kill your self now...you should make that bet with a h/g shipper or a slash shipper

6. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

are you sure its the priori, im not doubting but at first glance i thought it was harry using that underwater spell to shoot down a grindylow.

7. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

No i'm pretty sure it's priori when I went through the link again (you don't have to go to the movie the main picture there shows it.) I did however notice something funny. . . the link is to an exclusive movie. . . . no other website could be paid enough to host it. :p

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

It doesn't look like he's underwater though. And remember, when he did the spell underwater, he just let out a burst of hot bubbles. And what kind of spell do you know that is one long strand of red?

9. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

A lightsaber!

10. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

may the force be with you, son!
    *snickers*
    and yeah, the first time I saw it I thought Sirius's head belonged to Voldemort. The fire supposed to be green, I think, and the head 3D not look like a damn pan
    egh :twisted:

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The red strand of light is supposed to me the Stupefy spell whens its connected to Voldie's Avada Kedavra. The problem is, its supposed to be golden and not stay the same color at the original spell.

I agree, that butterfly thing... when I saw that, I just didnt know what the fucking think. I mean, WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM!

I told you Midknight that they wanted to put Harry and Hermione together in the movies. You can just tell.

Trials do look coool.

The backflip isnt that bad. I mean, they have to add some different things.... I wonder if he saves Fleur's sister in this? I havnt even seen a picture of her.

The world cup looks pretty cool and Krums moving picture, hah.

The Patils... argh. Can't they get something as simple as clothes right.

The pitch looks cool up there like that but the only problem is that its not how it has been in the other movies.

Whats that thing with the fire in the great hall? Its not the Goblet either. Its like some people from Krums school doing some fire trick... or was I seeing things?

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It's not a Stunner, or at least it shouldn't be. Harry used Expelliarmus against Riddle's Killing Curse in canon. I also didn't get Dumbledore shouting at Harry. He was never once that harsh with Harry in canon, except maybe when trying to quiet his comments about Snape in HBP, so Gambon's tone in that clip makes zero sense. And I have a really bad feeling that they're going to play on Cho's fanon reputation and turn her into a bitch in the movie. Meaning, that I fear she'll be cruel and mocking about turning Harry down for the Yule Ball instead of regretful and generally friendly.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Thank you! One of the main things that JKR shows us is that Dumbledore is incredibly patient, he rarely shows that much emotion.

And can someone please tell me, what is up with him tying the beard up in the middle?

14. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

The red light is Priori. In the UK trailer that was screened on GMTV it clearly shows the red spell connecting to the green of Voldemorts. Whether or not it stays two seperate colours or becomes gold we shall have to wait and see.

Moody looks like even more of a prick in this trailer, why they have made him look like a fat man with a marble stuck to his face i don't know.

Ron still looks like he's been living on the streets since birth, will somebody please give this guy a bath and a haircut.

The beard thing? I don't have a clue, it looks stupid as f*~@ though.

15. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

that beard looked SOOOOO FAKE when he was talking in the great Hall. It didn't belong on his face, it was sort of just THERE, like some ugly great mole or something. IT DIDNT BELONG!

16. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    they mispronounce Buexbatons and they made them sound like they are same-sex schools...one of the Patils goes out with a Buexbatons boy!

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

lol.

That butterfly thing still has me thinking, WHAT IN THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!

It wasnt Stupefy was it? He didnt use that until fifth year.... urgh. Then why is it[Expelliarmus] red? Snape used that spell against Lockhart in the second movie and it was golden-ish pink-ish and when it was used in the third movie, it had no beam at all. It just made the wand pop out of peoples hands apart from when Snape got hit, it was like some blue-ish silver-ish bolt or something. MY GOD THEY KEEP CHANGING! Maybe it means Harry has teh powah! since its red unlike every-one elses.

Too bad the old Dumbeldore cant just magically come back from the grave.

Is Cho going to be a bitch? Meh... he sounds funny when he asks her to the ball.

Dunno why Dumble's shouted... he got a bit excited, yes?

And Cervus... UPDATE! ;)

18. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Ron got a right grope of old McG didn't he. Beware for soon the RW/MM shippers shall descend on us in overwhelming numbers.

That with the Butterflys looks ridiculus(sp?). And Harry dribbling down himself would look alright if he wasn't about to burst out laughting.

I'm not holding out much hope at all for this film, sure the CGI looks alright but thats about it.

Syaoran, I should be updating within the next couple of days.

19. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The butterfly scene alone just irked me horribly. Worse then the pathetic Moody and Voldemort, worse then the backflip, worse then the horrible Dumbledore. The fact that Radcliff is spitting his juice out laughing like I said is the perfect compliment to that utter BS>

I can't wait to see what ethnicity they overdo next, (without sounding racist here), are they gonna have Dean show up to the ball in a throwback and a fitted cap? How about Cho in a kimona? etc. The Patils look stupid. Not bashing on any race, or heritage here, but to have them seem to be the only ones that stand out like that is dumb. It really seems to me sometimes in the movies AND in canon books you have that one odd race/person out that's not a white british teenager who seems to be there for no other reason then for JKR to say "Hey look I included everyone!" When I saw Lee Jordon sporting dreadlocks I about threw the book down in damned disgust.

20. Antivash

hmmm... i dun remember seeing an koreans... Chang is chinese... Su Li i would imagine from the name being japanese... what abut the koreans? ... or the arrogant whoring american girls? ... or the spanish! ... they could have been interesting to see and write ... and maybe with one of them aroud.. one of them would have slapped some sense into pussy potter and given him the shag of his life...