1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

GoF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

No...Su Li is almost definitely a Chinese name. It's certainly not Japanese. Cho could realistically either be Chinese or Korean, but I tend to think of her as Chinese.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

eah.. thats how i picture her ... but yeah... su li probably is chinese... ive just seen a few Su's in japan (Kaolla Su being the only one that comes off the top of my head)... so i personally see it either way...

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Except that her last name is Li, which is a rather prevalent Chinese surname. I won't fully discount the possibility that she is Japanese, but the odds are that she's of Chinese descent.

4. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

that irked me aswell the fact that they pronounced beauxbatons wrong. They should at least try to pronounce it right, and also i heard they made each school all girl/ all boy . Like Durmstrang is all guy and Beauxbatons all girls. The butterfly thing pissed me off but maybe it was just bad editing slicing, and that might be a spell or something later in the movie. Madame Maxine looks terrible but w/e. She reminds me of that bad witch in the THE WITCHES. I also hope they dont scream out spells this year like they did in the 3rd movie, that expecto patronum almost made me deaf.

As for the castle eh, i dont mind it too much that they change it every year, i'm actually glad they did cuz the third movie one sucked. While this one isnt canon oriented It looked ok so i'm not gonna complain.
    Gambon sucks balls. THere trying to portray Dumbledore as a dark character and that is the major flaw of the character. Dumbledore is anything but dark. The beard should be pure white not grey and crappy, he should have normal nails, not rotting ones, if you remember the third you know what i mean. Also that shout was horribly uncharacteristic of Dumbledore but w/e.
    Moody looks terrible aswell but i kinda liked the scene with the spider so i let his looks slide a bit. The dancing lessons were horrendous scene that could of been taken out to add room for more canon scenes.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The downside is, they seem to be sticking with how the character look from movie to movie, so we're screwed with the ugly as crap Lupin and Moony and Dumbles for god knows how long.

Richard Harris, drunk useless bastard that he was, was the perfect match for Dumbles. Bring back damned Colombus or whatever his damned name was from the first two movies, and get the series back on track.

I find it a crying shame they ruined 2 of the only 4 good books in the series.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Li is a Chinese name I think. Well, Syaoran Li is where I get my name from and he was Chinese. Syaoran is Japanese thou. Means Little Wolf or something. His real name is Li Xiao Lang.

That thing with Harry spitting his juice... maybe he is supposed to be laughing because he thinks its utterly fucked. He isnt like everyone else so he wouldnt drool. Remember, in the books, only the full blooded Veela effected him any. Meh...

7. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

WOrst part is THE VEELA AREN'T EVEN HOT!!! Fleur was supposed to be Smoking. THis girl looks above average, but that's it. I wouldn't even say she looks like a model. Get someone like one of those girls from Mean girls, or something, or some other teen flick. (can't think of any recent ones with young girls other than that)

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Wait, if Beauxbatons is all girl...who will Parvati and Padma go off with during the Yule Ball?

9. Midknight

i wouldn't even give her above average to be honest, some of the normal chicks I've seen in France when I was on vacation were stunning enough to have me drooling

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

She's alright but isnt what I thought Fleur would look like.

11. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Get that chick from Troy to do it. Or some stupid teenage model from a gap ad. The girl looks OK. She's supposed to make men drool and get instanatly aroused?! (JK never mentioned that, but I can't imagine that not happening). :wink: :wink:

12. Antivash

thats not true... ive seen a number of chicks that were attractive enough that ive run into walls and poles and shit watching them walk... but it never arroused me... it was the naughty thoughts that did..

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I've gotten "excited" by a girl. My mind just wanders. I start thinking what I would like to do to her and if I let myself mind dwell on it things can get pretty "hairy".

NOTE: I not sure why I put "hairy" in quotation marks. Its not like I grow more hair, or the situation suddenly turns dangerous.

Nevertheless, I'll leave it like that as "hairy" just feels right as opposed to (hairy) sans quotation marks.

14. Midknight

Never gone to that extreme, but yeah I've seen the same thing. She's so hot it was distracting, but I wasn't thinking extremely unclean thoughts, it was just like incredible watching them move, every movement screamed sexy.

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I know EXACTLY what you mean....

Because I've been using Legilimency on you....

BWAHAHAHAHA

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i know what you mean...i try not to turn my head when they pass be but its so hard.... :cry: but the sight :twisted:

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

yeah, all kidding aside, it really is.

They just seem to move like their hips and shit. I don't know how to describe it.

18. Antivash

swish swish swish?

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

sachey (sp?)

20. Antivash

its sashay