1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

GoF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I always envisioned a half mask, but white.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same, in the pic of Voldemort, with the ppl in the back they don't look like that, they have the masquerade half masks, which I thought looked stupid.

First time i'd seen that mask, mustve not noticed it in a trailer or something.

I looks ... I can't even... described how... I mean jesus, fuck thats just stupid.

At least we know the movies get worse as the books do.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

In all fairness, GoF was a good book. The movies just suck though.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It was my favorite book of the series. I was praying that the movie would be kick ass but some shit is already starting to annoy me before i've even seen the damn thing.

5. DGD

DGD Headmaster

It's a good book, but the movie looks dumb as $#!7.

6. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

i imagined the mask like the one from phantom-of-the-opera only full faced OR silver shining masks with three holes, 2 for eyes and on for nose.

7. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Same here. The GoF movie is looking more and more annoying, though at least the dragon looks alot better than Lupin...

8. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

Let's not talk about him. That was just plain scary. The dragon looks ok. I think it could be a little better, but it is much better than those DE masks.

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It was a decent book, my fav, and the best IMHO was PoA. You were lead to think Harry got stronger from him being able to do the Patronus and blowing Aunt Marge up like that, then she just turns him into a bitch, having to cheat and get helped from everyone all through the book to just get involved.

Even in the maze, you wind up finding out Crouch was helping him. He did win over Volde in the graveyard though, but c'mon the guy had just been reborn, course he's not @ full strength.

And like I said, without a doubt you can tell they spent loads of cash CGI''ing the tasks in. Without a doubt THAT section of the movie will be cool. Its the rest that will be pure bullshit.

Another thing, aren't you not supposed to be able to tell who it is under the DE mask for security reasons? How the FUCK could that ugly mask hide you from anyone recognizing you?

Even a Jason-like mask w/o the breathing holes would of kicked more ass that that ugly crap

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The mask outta scream woulda been better, rofl.

11. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

o.k. this one's for all you Cho supporters out there *coughLord Seraphethcough* Katie looks really nice in this one,eh?
    [​IMG]

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O... thats Cho? .. somehow its not how i pictured her ... but then... the movies are alwas godawful so i suppose its better than nothing...

13. realmess

yes, that's her at some party, or another. I got this picture from a friend of a friend, so I don't even know when it was taken, but I think she looks cool [be very happy am not postin Emma's :twisted:

14. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Cho's scene where she dumps Harry is adequet...barely.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Did the movies portray her as a bitch about it, or did it stick pretty close to canon? One of my bigger curiosities about the movie is whether or not they'll play on the Cho-hate in fanon and make her into something entirely different from the books.

16. realmess

well I don't know, but a lot of people are concerned that she'll get bad rep. We'll just have to wait.

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

She's not a bitch when she lets Harry down for the ball but I think she leads him on throughout the movie even though she's with Cedric. So... yeah, kind of a bitch.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Eh, I like Cho, even if she did cry a lot during the fifth book. But her boyfriend did just die, and she wanted the details, which Harry wouldn't give.

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

But she doesnt even care how Harry feels about it, lol. I mean, a classmate just got killed before his eyes and the man that killed his parents just came back to life. Dont you think he needs a little time to cope with that? Meh.

I didnt mind her til OotP when she started crying over everything. I still dont really mind her now but I just cant see that pair work. Only a few stories like Sera's make it workable for me. Meh.

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Well, to be fair, Harry has known that Voldemort would come back since his first year. So he has had time to cope. But yeah, she didn't consider his feelings. That was her only fault in the book, I think. That's not enough reason for all these Cho-haters to suddenly spring up though.