1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good Old Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Poytin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

http://www.gog.com/

So I discovered this website a couple of weeks ago. I then rediscovered my love for old point and click adventure games. This site has a shit ton of old games that I loved as a kid and love again when I replay them. Check it out.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

GOG has a number of awesome things going for it.

1. All games are 100% DRM free.
    2. There are no regional pricing rip-offs. Each games is the same price no matter which country you login from.
    3. Old games are updated to work with modern OSes. This sometimes includes hiring the original programmers to patch their 16-bit games to get them to run on our quad-core 64-bit machines when required.
    4. There are no achievements, community integration, or an over-arching GOG client.

Less than awesome things about GOG.

• The sales are not as frequent, nor as heavily discounted, as Steam's.
    • It's in the name. These games are often, though not always, quite old. Sometimes newish games such as King's Bounty: The Legend will appear. If you just want good old games, then this is the site for you.
    • There are no achievements, community integration, or an over-arching GOG client.

Oh, wow. Guilty Gear X2 #Reload and XIII have become available since I last looked. :awesome

3. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I love the fact that they have the entire Might and Magic series except for the only fail in the series.

20$ for Heroes of Might and Magic 3+4. Picked up my boxset for 7 euro ^_^. I'll happily lend it to anybody who wants it.