1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good PC RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Moridin, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

That was the half-second freezes I was talking about. Easy as hell to account for once you recognise it coming - half-second freeze? You're about to turn around, be ready. I've lived with much worse bugs. Including Jade Empire - I've tried installing it on two different computers, and on the first ribbons would spaz out and slow the frame rate to <1fps, and the second time it wouldn't run at all.

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I'd say it has allot to do with how you play. I don't know how you played through, however my first run through was heavy specced in assault rifles, sabotage, and electronics. I basically tanked through, and the turn around wasn't a big deal.

However playing stealth, specced on pistols, I didn't get into fights much. When I did however, turning around even once was pretty much a death sentence in a boss fight for me.

I replayed that fight against darcy & the attack helicopter at the end at least 10 times due to this bug

Maybe I rage easy, but I still say that given the choice, the console version is the way to go. I'm a long time PC shooter guy, but I'd much rather have some analogue sticks if it meant a cleaner battle.

As I said, I've never played Jade Empire, I just read some reviews and saw the developer. I fully admit to being a card carrying bioware fanboy, so I know I'm going to check it out.

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Well, this is more short term, and for the PC. I'll be regaining console (PS3) access in August/Sept, and am planning to pick up God of War 3 then, and I already have Batman and a couple other good games, so console isn't a priority right now.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Fable is short but a LOT of fun.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I nearly forgot about Hellgate London. Their are a few things wrong with the game, such as falling through the bottom of the level on some glitchy terrain, and the fact that the game has no official support anymore because Flagship Studios is no more. But there is so much that is good about the game. I love the item creation/disenchantment system, the fighting system is good, it reminds me of all the reasons I liked diablo 2. However, I would rather have diablo 3 than this simply because I like pure fantasy settings instead of dystopia post-apocalyptic future settings.