1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good TimeTravel or Rehash Bleach fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Styx0444, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Are there any good TimeTravel! Bleach fics, or good rehashes where some interesting premise changes things up a bit? I have the odd urge to read one, but I've read all of the rec'ed ones, and looking on FF.net made me cringe.

I'd prefer Ichigo centric, no pairings or Ichigo/Rukia, but honestly just about anything is fine.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was the first one that I came across on my story alert list, and I'm inclined to think it's half decent if it's on there. Unfinished and likely abandoned, but it fits what you were looking for.

Hogyoku ex Machina is definitely a good one, although odds are that you've come across it before if you've checked the recced fics.

3. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Just finished reading, and yeah, it's a good one. Definitely seems abandoned, though, sad to say but the author got dealt several shit hands (computer got fucked, school, other crap) and then seems to have given up on Bleach in general.
    Yeah, that one isn't bad. Some parts of it makes it seem like it should be a sub-par story, but it somehow ends up being one of the better ones.

Thanks!

4. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

HeM really should be an absolutely terrible story. The premise is just godawful. "Let's take Ichigo when he's nigh-omnipotent and put him back at the beginning" sounds like the whole thing would be a total curbstomp wankfest.

Yet somehow it's a genuinely good and engaging tale.

I have no idea how that works.

5. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Well... Its not good. I think the level of shittiness in the Bleach fandom is so bad that any mediocre fic suddenly seems better in comparison.

6. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

That's exactly it. Hogyoku Ex Machina is basically a Reading the Books story. Most of it consists of revealing the future and how everyone else reacts to that. Still, considering Bleach it's a decent fic that is among the best time-travel stories this fandom has to offer.