1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good X-Box 360 games with 4 player campaign

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mage, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I suppose the same can be said for any game(except for sports games) .

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Nah. Most games, RPG's, FPS's, etc etc can be done on hard by a beginner. It'll just take longer and would be an effort to get through. Most people start on the 'medium' or so difficulty the first time around, and if they play the game again they choose the harder. In Guitar Hero and Rock Band, not many people can start out on Expert and actually finish a song. I'm loath to say no one could, but I would severely doubt anyone that tells me they started on Expert when they first started to play. And you can choose whatever difficulty you want at any point in the game, so it's not like you have to start over.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'm awesome at video games, I couldn't play medium RB2 at the middle tier songs at first, I had to play easy for maybe a week, then I could play medium on nearly all songs at 90%+, but there will still some I just couldnt do better then 70% at.

I moved to Hard a few weeks before I hurt my finger, I could do a chunk of the 300+ songs I have 80%+. Some I started trying on expert, and can get 80% on as well.

The medium switch adding blue ain't hard, but combining it with red fucked me bad for awhile. Hard is fucking retarded at the difficulty jump. Suddenly you have orange, it's various combos, and hammer ons. Expert... fuuuuuck. Triple notes, hammer ons to hell, a LOT more notes.

Go play "Alive" on expert. I manage to get to the one long solo with all the hammer ons and fail every time. It becomes a bit of a obsession trying to get the shit down.. because c'mon.. it's a plastic instrument fucking game, how hard could it be?

The quick finger movements I got from that translated real well into trying to teach myself guitar... which lasted for three days before I nearly chopped my finger off, lol. Now I'm using RB2 drums to help me practice being able to grip something for a long time period while moving the hand, while pressure is applied. After a week of that, I could actually move my finger somewhat, not bad, doc perscribed too =P

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Lol, nice Mid. Yeah, I was stuck on Easy for a couple of days before I moved up to Medium on drums. I was stuck on Medium for a loooong time before my cousins forced me to move up to hard (or else they would have all beat the shit out of me). Now I can do about 1/3 of the songs on expert, I think.

Still on Hard on Guitar. Expert with all the strings of notes always fuck me up. The triple note at a time also gets me. XD

But yeah, this is probably the only style of video game that people just can't start at hard at.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Roxanne on Expert is what got me tryign Expert on more songs, once I got my brain to not freeze up seeing triple notes with that song, I moved on.

6. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

There is one for regular Xbox called Seven Sorrows. Given how bad it was one of those sorrows was the game itself.

7. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

For 5 player Horde mode in Gears 2 you can have 4 people on the X-Box right? We are only able to get 2 people signed in, and can't figure out how to get all 4 of us playing in the Horde mode

8. Daven

Daven First Year

I'm somewhat suprised how nobody mentions getting drunk with their RB experiences. Thats really the only time I had fun with that game. Although, it takes skill to play the drums and not get dizzy. A plus is that with the separate skill setting, everyone can have fun... or fail horribly.

And thus beer cans must be thrown in his general direction. :whipped:

9. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

Getting drunk while playing guitar hero is pure win.

I remember playing 6 hours into a vodka-fest, with my friend that had never played before. We played co-op, him on easy, me on medium. Halfway through the song (I think it was Bulls on Parade) I fell face first on my futon, and couldn't get up. Still managed to beat the song, just playing by ear. Then promptly passed out. Good times.