1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Ollie chill the fuck out.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm. That was a weird situation, you were right about kai but at the same time I really didn't think your case held any water. Like... 1and1 posted iirc, the kai case boiled down to he's making this a chore to play, while the one against you actually held merit. I legitimately thought I could turn it around. And well.. yeah. Oh well, something to look at/work on for when this starts up again.

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    K Sacrifice, I won't be a pussy and go back and edit it as if I wasn't an ass. what I meant was

"Read the thread for the last few pages"

But I felt you must be retarded not to do that before posting in a mafia thread.

That said, I totally didn't go back half the time in my first mafia thread. [Read: was a total tard, and continue to commit terrible Negligent Derping]

4. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Ves said this.........

"So I'm going to retool parts of the game that I noticed were a bit broken and come back in a while with a fresh perspective.

Then Gotham will truly rise again!

I'll post the role list and QT list in the morning"

I do not know the definition of "IN A WHILE". Seeing as how you were being an idiot throughout the game just like Irene said, you have no rights to tell me to 'GTFO' :)

5. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    :D for some reason I thought you said "why are we restarting" remember the extreme derping? so on that right now.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm interested to know why bane's team wanted to lynch me day 1, since you guys were setting that play up well before I 'made' zeit cry/leave/whatevers.

7. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

For the record I was the first to vote for you.

And I am a good guy. :awesome

8. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was really, really easy even with me screwing up in the beginning and you tend to fall into a leadership position if you last for a long time in a game, we figured no matter what you turned out to be if we got you lynched fast it was a net gain for us. The fact that you turned out to be the Penguin was just icing on the cake.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I pretty consistantly kick up a giant stink when I get lynched, so I disagree that it was a net gain for you as even without irene doing what she did, all of you (krogan, lungs, silens) were under suspicion.

10. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

This game can be boiled down to three things for me: Zeitgeist losing his shit, Irene being Irene, and Krogan also losing his shit, albiet slower then Zeit.

The first I have no real problems with. Zeit apparently really did have RL issues, which I can't really blame him for. Those, combined with some pre-existing issues with Kai from SW2, caused him to go nuts. To be honest, I was kind of expecting it, but not to the degree it happened.

(And while I'm being honest, I did rig the draw to put Kai as Penguin and Zeit as Bane. Just sort of felt like it.)

Irene being Irene, well, I expected that to, but not to the degree it happened. She had everyone nailed from the end of day one and wanted to use the knownledge. Not sure why she went apeshit on her own side as well though. I mean, all of Penguin's mob voted for Krogan day one, so it was only a matter of time until someone sussed that fact out and went after Kalas.

Krogan's issues I chalk up to being inexperienced as scum. Your situation with Zeit was nowhere near as bad as you beleived it was, and all you really had to do was stay calm and not go nuts. You not only did not stay calm, you completly lost your shit when you didn't have to.

Now, on to Sacrifice's question.

I really need a breather. I started this one up right after HoT (which to me was a pretty charged game, considering I was the last townie left standing) and warlock hunt, which came right after my SW2 hosting gig. So I'm going to need a breather from mafia, at least until HoT2 comes out, which I will definitly be in.

There are also some issues with the roles that became apparent to me while playing. I either just didn't notice them or they were so subtle they only became apparent during play. I'm betting on the last one. So I'll have to retool the roles a bit.

Between the two, and the fact that I'm still playing the shit out of Skyrim, It's going to be a while before the game starts back up. I'll probably try to have it ready for the week after HoT2, whenever that is.

11. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Hearts to Ves, for his awesome.

One input on your stuff, two really. First, while the Penguin Bane set up was cool, please don't ever do that, I feel it could get really ugly, it felt wrong reading it.

Second, I think Irene being Irene^10 was inspired by her unhappiness with Lungs, who just happened to set her off at the moment she "had the codes" and so she eh... nuked us to fucking Krypton.

12. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I don't think there's anything wrong with the game mod rigging the draw to give players certain roles, personally. How do you guys feel? :S

13. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I kind of feel that it's pretty fucking unethical and that, considering the way this game went, was probably a really shitty thing to do.

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It makes for a more interesting game I find. Sure it gives an advantage if you look at it from a metagaming perspective but I find that preferable to say, me and kai switching roles. As a brand new fresh player I'd have no clue how to effectively play Penguin/Bane/whatever.

EDIT: That said we all have a better idea of how the different roles fit together. For the role reassign a random generation would be fine, with edits for any.. serious role assignment problems you can see.

As for Irene.. well she knew she was on the Green Mile so she figured go out with a bang, with the hopes of tying up the lynching for a couple days and letting us attempt something of a Hail Mary victory. Obviously didn't pan out.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  15. Fiat

Pretty sure I won't be playing any game hosted by Vesvius in the future, because this is the kind of shit that you just don't do. Fixing roles in general? Unethical enough that I'd probably say something. Fixing roles so that it's Kai vs Zeit - especially considering what an emotional wreck Zeit was in the last mafia game? No. Just no.

16. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Mods rigging the draw is horrible. If I knew a mod rigged the draw, I'd drop out of the game regardless of what I got.

Irene acted like shit. Everyone should be playing to win in these games regardless of how small a chance of their victory, if not for yourself, then for others' enjoyment. Otherwise, it screws the whole game over as we saw in this game.

17. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Yes, everyone, I'm a terrible player that deserves to be banned from all future mafia games.

Vesvius and all the players, I'm sorry for ruining the game.

I already have two infraction point for that one post, what else do you want me to do, dhulli? Don't throw all the screw ups and bitterness onto me just because you have personal issues with me, fucker.

That is all. Vesvius, don't worry, I won't be joining batmafia too. I think there isn't that much to fix for batmafia. It's just player drama that ended up ruining everything ultimately.

18. Fiat

Fuck you. Seriously. Fuck you so much. The only difference between Irene going anti-otherscum and Fen playing the anti-scum warlock is that Irene did it better, but you don't see anyone bitching at Fen for ruining warlock.

19. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

What? All I said was you acted like shit. I'm sorry if that was too personal or insulting for you. I was just trying to make a point about willingness to win. I know you apologized and I'm not trying to bash you at all. Seriously.

and Fiat...really?

20. Fiat

Backtrack harder.